Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Faith's Content

There have been 6 items by Faith (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#56453 Lcd 16x4 initialization

Posted by Faith on 26 February 2014 - 02:56 PM in General Discussion

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to use a 16x4 lcd in my project, but I can not initialize and use it because I don't know the "function set" that I must use with this kind of display. Every tutorial/datasheet explain how to use maximum 2 lines, and I can not find anything useful. Could you help me? :)

PS: I'm not using any library because I want do it myself! ;)

#55961 N+2 ethernet communication with Windows Form

Posted by Faith on 09 February 2014 - 12:09 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have a Netduino Plus 2 board with SDK version 4.2.2.2 (the one which I found in the page netduino.com/downloads/). I asked about the firmware because I read about problems in setting static IP address with older versions, but I suppose that with my configuration everything should be ok. What can I do? For the moment I'm using the board connected to the router with DHCP enabled.

#55936 N+2 ethernet communication with Windows Form

Posted by Faith on 08 February 2014 - 06:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If I try to set a static IP address, I get an error when I ask to save the configuration ("Unable to write the configuration", OUTOFMEMORY). I've read that an old firmware had this problem but I have 4.2.2.2 version. Do I need to install 4.3.0 beta firmware?

#55926 N+2 ethernet communication with Windows Form

Posted by Faith on 08 February 2014 - 09:25 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thank you for your replies!

In MFDeploy DHCP is checked.

If I connect N+2 to my router I can communicate easily through ethernet (thank you wendo), before I was trying a direct communication N+2-PC. What I have to do in this case?

#55919 N+2 ethernet communication with Windows Form

Posted by Faith on 07 February 2014 - 02:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Running these first lines of code I always have as output "0.0.0.0". What does it mean?

//Initialize Socket classsocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);//Request and bind to an IP from DHCP serversocket.Bind(new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 80));//Debug print our IP addressDebug.Print(Microsoft.SPOT.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()[0].IPAddress);

#55849 N+2 ethernet communication with Windows Form

Posted by Faith on 04 February 2014 - 09:57 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi to everyone,

I'm not new to Netduino, but this is my first time with ethernet communication.

I'm trying to understand how to set a communication between my PC and Netduino Plus 2 through ethernet. As a start, I found here and in internet a lot of projects which use a class (usually called WebServer) to communicate with a browser, but using these solutions I've never been able to set any communication.

For these reasons I have two questions for you:

1) can you please link me a solution which you use successfully with your N+2 so I can check if everything is ok with my PC - N+2 connection?

2) (After point 1) do you have any code example which can help me in the creation of a Windows Form (with Visual Studio 2010) which can be connected to N+2 through ethernet? Obviously I talk about only the communication part of the code.

Thank you very much.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.