Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

bradygaster's Content

There have been 8 items by bradygaster (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64223 Netduino 3 Wi-Fi Firmware v4.3.2 (update 2)

Posted by bradygaster on 04 October 2015 - 12:49 AM in Netduino 3

After trying this willy-nilly a few times, it worked. Was able to flash my bad code from my N3, now I'm cooking up a new robot. 

#64221 Netduino 3 Wi-Fi Firmware v4.3.2 (update 2)

Posted by bradygaster on 03 October 2015 - 10:59 PM in Netduino 3

I've tried:

Uninstall SDK

Reboot

Reinstall SDK

Reboot

Run the updater

I keep seeing the same error each time - the dialog opens and I click Options, then select Netduino 3 WiFi. I change this and the dialog says "Note: These settings, stored in non-erasable storage, may be changed up to 0 more times."

The main Netduino Update window always says "STM Device in DFU Mode." 

All I want to do is erase the horribly awry code that's running on it. Help!

#62624 HTTPS Error

Posted by bradygaster on 12 May 2015 - 06:44 AM in Netduino 3

I had some sample code up and running in no time tonight with my brand new Netduino 3. Was super-simple to get running a basic loop-and-request sample. Then, I hit a snag. 

I'm trying to call a basic REST API (a Web API, actually) that returns a simple string in JSON. The endpoint is an HTTPS endpoint. I've called an HTTP endpoint without any issue, but as soon as I change the URL I'm hitting to be the "real" one I want to hit, which is HTTPS, the code fails. 

Is HTTPS not supported on Netduino/NETMF? I found another forum post that said it wasn't supported but it was old, so I'd hoped Netduino 3 has HTTPS support. 

Thanks in advance!

#60907 Obstacle Avoidance Robot with SeeedStudio Motor Shield V2

Posted by bradygaster on 08 December 2014 - 09:05 AM in Project Showcase

I couldn't find a fritznig model for the Seeed motor driver, so that's implied as atop this one. In this you'll see the Netduino and how it drives the ping. The Netduino does get power from the motor driver, but it doesn't drive the ping sensor at all. Seems like re-routing some additional channels (VIN, maybe?) to the breadboard and back again might make things work better for the Netduino?

I also attached the best photo I could find of the shield for your review. The Netduino runs from 5V/GND/Digital to the Ping. Works just fine so long as the Netduino is plugged into USB. 

Thanks for your review and assistance!

Attached Thumbnails

• simple-autonomous-robot_bb.png
  • motor-driver.jpg

#60891 Obstacle Avoidance Robot with SeeedStudio Motor Shield V2

Posted by bradygaster on 06 December 2014 - 06:30 PM in Project Showcase

I've completed preliminary work on the first stage of a robot I've been building. It is my first, a basic autonomous bot using a Parallax Ping sensor and a SeeedStudio Motor Shield V2. I'd not seen any articles on using the motor shield, so I hand-crafted a driver for it. I'll be posting the code into this forum once I get it completed and have some good pictures and video, and I'm planning on adding a few ideas to this as I go. 

There's one problem, and for all you robot experts out there this should be basic. So please, help. :) I'm so close!

I'm blocked, however, by one very basic thing. The configuration is pretty simple. 

1. Netduino 2 atop robot chassis
  2. Seeed shield atop Netduino
  3. Connections to breadboard, into which Ping sensor is plugged

Here's the problem, with which I'd love some guidance. When I put batteries into the battery pack and it powers up, the wheels spin, but the Ping doesn't turn on. When I plug in to USB, the Ping turns on. It seems like the power isn't getting transmitted to the breadboard from the 5V jumper on the shield. There's probably a dirt-simple fix for this, any help would be much appreciated. 

There's a few pictures of the bot in the attachment, as well as the motor driver code. Once the whole thing is complete I'll definitely share more the whole project (probably via GitHub) and blog about it. 

Disclaimer: I asked my 6-year-old son what the name should be and he chose the name, which matches the name of a big hero character. I'll change it before it goes out, wouldn't want to violate copyrights!

Attached Thumbnails

• WP_20141206_10_13_00_Pro.jpg
  • WP_20141206_10_13_13_Pro.jpg

Attached Files

#60886 Netduino 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by bradygaster on 06 December 2014 - 08:03 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The "Erase App" button is amazingly helpful. Thank you. Best. Thing. Ever. 

#60884 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by bradygaster on 06 December 2014 - 06:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I was able to fix this. Not sure if this was buried in the forums but if not, here's the link to the newest one. Once I installed this everything worked. 

http://www.st.com/st...sw-stm32080.zip

#60883 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by bradygaster on 06 December 2014 - 05:44 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino using the STDFU Tester v3.0.1 application

I downloaded the files, installed the app, and tried to use it, but the STDFU app won't ever open. It gives me a hard error each time. I'm using Win 8.1, just as an FYI. Not sure what's up, but I can't connect to either of my Netduino 2 devices (not plusses) after installing a rogue prototype  app on them that's causing non-responsiveness. MFDeploy can't connect either, so I'm totally DOA right now. Any ideas on how to unblock?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.