Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Mike L's Content

There have been 4 items by Mike L (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60899 Obstacle Avoidance Robot with SeeedStudio Motor Shield V2

Posted by Mike L on 07 December 2014 - 01:03 PM in Project Showcase

It is possible that the combination of running the motors and the ping sensor on the same supply is causing the issue.  Typically I try to have a separate power source for the motors because they have a tendency to generate a lot of noise that can interfere with other logic or sensors.

Here is a couple troubleshooting things you can do:

1. Double check your power source for your design.  Typically hbridge motor drivers allow for a dual source so that you can separate the motor power from the logic power.  Maybe you only have the motor power being supplied and the logic power is being supplied when you plug in the USB.
  2. Comment out the code that turns on the motors.  On power up does the ping sensor seem to be working while the motors are no longer running?
  3. If the ping sensor still doesn't work make sure you delay some on your start up code before you start doing the ping.
  4. If you still don't have ping on power up then try removing the Motor Shield.

#60892 Obstacle Avoidance Robot with SeeedStudio Motor Shield V2

Posted by Mike L on 06 December 2014 - 09:46 PM in Project Showcase

Hi Brady,

The bot looks cool. Do you have a Fritzing drawing of your wiring?

http://wiki.netduino...ng-diagram.ashx

#56420 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by Mike L on 26 February 2014 - 02:12 AM in Project Showcase

So as long as... My Netduino has an IP. it is possible to try.hmm

and about the broker, do we need a contract with them, or it's just a free service?

thanks anyway for your respon

You can use one of the test brokers out there for development, but once you start getting a commercial product finished you should spin up your own broker.

http://test.mosquitto.org/

#56369 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by Mike L on 25 February 2014 - 05:23 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Mike,

I saw that you used a LAN cable to connect the netduino to MQTT broker(or maybe internet). Is it possible to use MQTT via GSM/GPRS shield? I dont have idea what MQTT exactly is? if I want to measure an environment in the remote site, which is no 3G connection. but I want to use M2M protocol, what I have to prepare to learn.?

Here is My desired topology:

Netduino+ --> GSM/GPRS shield .......?....... ----> GSM modem (wavecom etc) --->PC

can i comunicate between those GSM modem via MQTT? or M2M? is there any special requirements?

*still googling about it....

cheers

Hi Fahdil,

I do not have any experience with a GSM Shield but I would think MQTT would work fine over it.  MQTT is just a light weight protocol over TCP/IP.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.