Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Outthereman's Content

There have been 5 items by Outthereman (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55460 Fried Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Outthereman on 18 January 2014 - 10:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Did some further tests.

If I plug the usb cable in without holding the button down (for bootloader mode), the voltages are normal (4.89v and 3.3 v)

How can I test if the usb is working properly?

#55459 Fried Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Outthereman on 18 January 2014 - 09:56 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi

I have seemed to have fried my NP2.

When I plug in usb, the voltages drop over 5 v rail (no reading) and 3 v rail (2.2v).

If I unplug the usb cable and plug in an external power supply (7.5v) the readings is 5v and 3.3v respectively.

The device does not show up in the devices and printers list, nor in STDFu tester and DFuSe demonstration.

Any thing I can do or is it ready for the bin?

Thank you

Wilhelm

#45240 Netduino Plus 2 turnaround pins

Posted by Outthereman on 10 February 2013 - 11:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Hi Dave[/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]The Netduino plus 2 has the extra pins for the i2c bus. I use the i2c interface for my rtc. The proto boards we can get hold of in South Africa does not cater for the new i2c pins. [/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]For me it would have been nice if the netduino pins extended to the bottom as well. Then i could decide to have my Netduino on top of my shields or on the bottom.[/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Wish i could get hold of the screwshield! That can work for me! [/font]

#45232 Netduino Plus 2 turnaround pins

Posted by Outthereman on 10 February 2013 - 07:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Hi[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]I am busy doing a project (battery management system for a 4x4) where i want to mount the netduino module on a breadboad. The reason for this is mainly vibration and i want pin connections instead of wires as far as possible.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]My problem is that i do not want to mount the Netduino module face down. (Want to be able to access the reset button, sd card etc ...) All the input and output pins facing upwards.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Possible solutions:[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]1) Unsolder the connector blocks and turn them around. (What is the risk of damaging the module?)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]2) Build a connector block next to the current blocks and link the pins with a piece of veraboard. (see attached image)[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][font="georgia, serif;"]Any other suggestions?[/font][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][font="georgia, serif;"]Thanks[/font][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][font="georgia, serif;"]Wil[/font][/font]

#44404 Finding all Netduino Plus(s) on a network

Posted by Outthereman on 28 January 2013 - 06:47 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;]Hi[/color]

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;]I have done a lot of work using the arp table and Mac addresses to discover devices on a network.[/color]

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;]I found that unless the device has been accessed from that machine, the mac will not appear on that machine's arp list. So what i do is to run a IMCP ping to populate my arp table and then based on the first few digits get a list of devices (The first few digits is the registation for the vendor)[/color]

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;] [/color]

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;]if (ip.MacAddress.StartsWith("5c-86-4a-") == true)[/color]

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;]{  [/color]

}

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.