Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Dan Kowalczyk's Content

There have been 11 items by Dan Kowalczyk (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62825 Netduino + Xamarin Studio - Add-in in beta testing!

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 24 May 2015 - 05:14 AM in Mono

Hi, is there a way to deploy via Xamarin Studio running on Windows?

#62663 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.2 (update 1)

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 14 May 2015 - 05:11 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris,

Thanks for the helpful outline of the steps involved. It's a bit over my head at this point in time, but it's a worthy goal and I wouldn't mind the learning experience. I will definitely read through the current drivers for inspiration.

I've forked the GitHub repo you linked to and will add a directory to house the gen1 ARM link layer code. Anyone who would like to contribute, please send your pull requests!

Thanks

Dan

#62584 Reset pin

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 10 May 2015 - 08:41 PM in Netduino Mini

Is there any progress on fixing this firmware bug for 4.2.0.1? Will it be more likely to expect 4.3?

#62576 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.2 (update 1)

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 10 May 2015 - 04:23 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris, I would be interested in having .NETMF 4.3 run on NP1. What would need to happen for 4.3 firmware to fit on NP1?

EDIT: To be more specific, where can I start learning about the Netduino.IP stack? What are the steps involved in porting it to gen1?

#60780 MFDeploy security features?

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 22 November 2014 - 07:49 PM in General Discussion

I have been researching this topic and the best sources for understanding this feature have been the following articles:

From these articles and others on this forum, you can create a deployment by

1. Deploying through Visual Studio to the device
  2. Using MFDeploy to create a .hex file and signing it with a key pair generated through MFDeploy

Now, the firmware you install on the Netduino (or other .NET Micro Framework device) can only be updated by those who can provide the public key associated with the private key used to sign the device application deployment.

Although I have been able to create deployment images, sign them with keys, and manage device keys for my firmware and deployment sectors, it all hasn't seemed to work. I am still able to load unsigned images onto my device. I will report back if I figure this out. 

#58509 DS3232 Real Time Clock Driver

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 01 June 2014 - 10:31 PM in Project Showcase

Hi everyone

I've been revisiting this community over the past days and thought I would send out a link to this real time clock driver I wrote for the Maxim DS3232. I've been able to get it working for all but the alarm -- mainly due to lack of time to complete it. Anyone ambitious enough could fill in this last remaining class, or else I will sometime.

If there are any questions feel free to message me on this site or post to this forum. Enjoy!

https://github.com/b...k/RealTimeClock

#58508 Starts in boot mode always after flash

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 01 June 2014 - 09:36 PM in Netduino Mini

I resorted to 4.1 firmware and do not encounter this issue. Both TinyCLR and RESET are working.

After looking through the posts here, I see that the 4.2.0.0 firmware is not available. Does anyone have a copy of it that I can test?

#58507 Software watchdog for netduino mini

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 01 June 2014 - 07:26 PM in Netduino Mini

Although this doesn't answer your question, I just read a nice article that makes an argument against software watchdogs:

http://www.ganssle.com/watchdogs.htm

I found this article on Hackaday: http://hackaday.com/...iting-code-etc/

#58505 Starts in boot mode always after flash

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 01 June 2014 - 06:26 PM in Netduino Mini

I deployed a simple LED blinker program to the Mini and it works great. But, when I power cycle, the program doesn't boot up until I clear the boot flag in MFDeploy. 

I'm also noticing that my RESET pin isn't working. If I ground the pin, the Mini is not rebooting. 

#58503 Starts in boot mode always after flash

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 01 June 2014 - 05:09 PM in Netduino Mini

I want to add to this post by saying that I also tried loading the TTL version of the firmware with the same behavior. I'm going to try to deploy some code and see what happens.

I have flashed my Netduino Plus in the past and I didn't run into this. 

#58497 Starts in boot mode always after flash

Posted by Dan Kowalczyk on 01 June 2014 - 06:16 AM in Netduino Mini

I just upgraded my mini to 4.2 firmware and bootloader over RS232. Each time I power cycle and ping from MFDeploy, I get a response from TinyBooter instead of TinyCLR. 

The catch is that if I go to 'Debug' in MFDeploy and clear bootloader flag, I receive response from TinyCLR after ping. 

I'm sending /RESET pin 22 to 3.3V to avoid activating reset during start-up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help in advance.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.