Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Joshk's Content

There have been 6 items by Joshk (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65672 Bit shift operator worked in 4.2 but not in 4.3

Posted by Joshk on 26 August 2016 - 03:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks guys.  That looks like it will work, I will test it when I get a chance.

#65625 Bit shift operator worked in 4.2 but not in 4.3

Posted by Joshk on 21 August 2016 - 06:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I was successfully using this code in the 4.2 framework to get the MAC address.  

Private Function getMacAddress(ByVal seperator As String) As String
        Dim netIF As NetworkInterface() = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()
        Dim macAddress As String = ""
        ' Create a character array for hexidecimal conversion.'
        Const hexChars As String = "0123456789ABCDEF"
        ' Loop through the bytes.'
        For b As Integer = 0 To 5
            ' Grab the top 4 bits and append the hex equivalent to the return string.'
            macAddress += hexChars(netIF(0).PhysicalAddress(b) >> 4)
            ' Mask off the upper 4 bits to get the rest of it.'
            macAddress += hexChars(netIF(0).PhysicalAddress(b) And &HF)
            ' Add the dash only if the MAC address is not finished.'
            If b < 5 Then macAddress += seperator
        Next
        Return macAddress
    End Function

But after having to upgrade to 4.3 when I setup my new computer, the code-check underlines the code

netIF(0).PhysicalAddress(b) >> 4

and gives this error if I try to deploy:

Error 1 Type 'System.Nullable(Of )' is not defined.

If I remove the ">> 4" part of the line the code-check is happy.  So why is that operator not supported?  Do I need a special import now?

#65624 Bit shift operator worked in 4.2 but not in 4.3

Posted by Joshk on 21 August 2016 - 06:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Please delete this duplicate.

#65623 'Auto-Implemented Property' problem bug with 4.3

Posted by Joshk on 21 August 2016 - 06:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I need to deploy a program I have deployed dozens of times on 4.2 framework...  

I have a new computer now so I was forced to 4.3 because I couldn't find all the 4.2 drivers and downloads for my new computer.

So when I try to deploy I get this error:

Resolving.
Resolve: unknown type: System.Diagnostics.DebuggerBrowsableAttribute
Error: ff000000
Waiting for debug commands...
The program '[23] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

By creating an empty project and experimenting I discovered my Auto-Implemented Properties are causing it.  Have a look at one:
Public Class globalConfig
    Public Property version As Integer = 3
End Class

But it deploys if I write it like this:

Public Class globalConfig
    Public Property version As Integer
        Get
            Return _version
        End Get
        Set(value As Integer)
            _version = value
        End Set
    End Property
    Private _version As Integer = 3
End Class

This is a big deal because it now takes 9 lines of code to do what I used to use 1 for.  So my 50 lines of code will go to 450!  I don't know if the project will still fit on a Netduino Plus2 after all that work.

This appears to be a large bug in 4.3...  Am I missing something?

#65564 Unable to create new forum user - is anyone admin on the forum?

Posted by Joshk on 12 August 2016 - 10:48 PM in General Discussion

I'm guessing the hate has fully penetrated his email, social media, and any other form of communication he had listed anywhere online.  I bet he can't go near a computer or answer the phone without massive depression and anxiety.  It would make sense he wouldn't want any new users getting on this forum- I have seen posts where hateful people were promoting the use of netduino.com to harass him.

#65556 Unable to create new forum user - is anyone admin on the forum?

Posted by Joshk on 12 August 2016 - 04:38 AM in General Discussion

I imagine he went AWOL because of all the hate he got from the kickstarter Agent Watch project.  I understand their frustration, but the worst of them clearly don't understand kickstarter.  You are not buying, you are investing.  Nobody "scammed" them, the money seems to have been spent honestly, but ran out before completion... as I understand.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.