Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

EdO's Content

There have been 5 items by EdO (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2339 Netduino Interfacing with Eye-Fi SD Card

Posted by EdO on 16 September 2010 - 04:19 AM in General Discussion

When I read your article on the GPS truck tracking system, I thought about how you might be able to use the Eye-Fi to easily transfer the data logs to your "server" as you arrived into the driveway. Just thoughts as I don't have one to prototype with. If you do get one, you might find that you would need to name your logs with a "jpg" extension so the Eye-Fi transfers the files.

#1194 Sparkfun LCD

Posted by EdO on 24 August 2010 - 01:56 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I think that your issue might be with the "other" pins. Pins such as R/W needs to be grounded and Vo needs to be on a pot.

Check out this diagram at http://arduino.cc/en...l/lcd_schem.png, for details. Just watch out the Digital pins are mapped differently than todotani's example from GHIElectronics library.

I also noticed that some of the sample posts in this thread, included mismatched pin types:

LCD_D4 = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D13, false);
LCD_D5 = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0, false); << Wrong this is an analog pin, A for "analog", should be a digital pin
LCD_D6 = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1, false); << Wrong, same issue
LCD_D7 = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A2, false); < Wrong, same issue.

Hope this helps
Ed

#1077 Sparkfun LCD

Posted by EdO on 22 August 2010 - 05:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

See my "HD44780 LCD display in 4-bit mode using 4 data wires" post under the "General" section for solution.

#1075 HD44780 LCD display in 4-bit mode using 4 data wires

Posted by EdO on 22 August 2010 - 05:56 PM in General Discussion

Thanks very much for the information, it worked !

#954 HD44780 LCD display in 4-bit mode using 4 data wires

Posted by EdO on 21 August 2010 - 06:35 AM in General Discussion

I am looking for a library that supports a HD44780 LCD display in 4-bit mode using 4 data wires. I have found a great example called Bansky.SPOT.LCD.LCD4Bit (http://bansky.net/bl...-port-extender/), but it appears to have been expanded past its original function and does not have an ITransferProvider provider that supports 4 bit mode using 4 data wires. Unfortunately Pavel Bansky appears to have gone off-line so I cannot ask him for an earlier version. Any help would be appreciated.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.