Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Kentj's Content

There have been 16 items by Kentj (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#32625 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 24 July 2012 - 02:45 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I added the USB .dll using the browser. So now I just have the question about RTS and CTS.

#32585 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 24 July 2012 - 12:53 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Also, are RTS and CTS transparent in COM2? At the other end (an SCN2641 UART) I have to monitor RTS and CTS from interrupts.

#32577 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

That worked. It only let me add Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort then disappeared before I could add the one for USB. Now the .NET tab is unpopulated again even though the path is still there.

#32552 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 04:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Oh, yes, I am running as administrator too.

#32551 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 04:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

"Reference Paths" is empty too. Should that path be in there?

#32550 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 04:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, all the missing files are there.

#32545 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 03:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try it again

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot of Netduino project.png

#32544 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 03:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

We'll try this.

#32542 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 03:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sorry, I don't remember how to do a screen shot since I haven't done it since the '80s (DOS). The "Project Properties" screen looks the same though. The other one does not.

#32537 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 23 July 2012 - 02:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

There is nothing under the ".NET" tab. I re-downloaded .NET Micro Framework making sure it was for the Netduino Plus and not the Netduino Go. Got out of Visual Studio and back in again. Re-loaded my program which is a .NET Micro Framework project. and there still is nothing under the .NET tab.

#32449 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 22 July 2012 - 03:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort was not found anywhere on my computer with or without the .dll

#32430 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 21 July 2012 - 04:23 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have "using System.IO.Ports;" but how do you add "Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll" to the references. I have "Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware" under which heading is "{}Microsoft.SPOT\ {}Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware\ {}System.IO.Ports" in references.

#32391 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 21 July 2012 - 12:49 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

With "SerialPort" I get the error "Type or namespace name 'SerialPort' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

#32369 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 20 July 2012 - 04:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Okay, I had to make "SerialPort" plural to accept it but it still doesn't work below in the program. On line with " serial = new SerialPorts("COM2", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One); I get "Cannot create an instance of static class 'SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.SerialPorts'"

#32197 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 18 July 2012 - 01:30 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Also, I'm using COM2 since I need RTS and CTS. I have seen nothing on how to use them though. Where should I be looking? (A good reference?)

#32164 UART communication Netduino Plus

Posted by Kentj on 18 July 2012 - 02:23 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have been trying different examples all day. This one works the best but it still doesn't accept "SerialPort" saying "The type or namespace name 'SerialPort' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) What do I need?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.