Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Russell Christensen's Content

There have been 4 items by Russell Christensen (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48829 Problem Debugging App

Posted by Russell Christensen on 28 April 2013 - 11:50 PM in Netduino Go

I just got around to trying another computer (and cable) and everything is working on my home computer.  I thought it might have been a difference between usb 2 and 3 ports that I was using but I tried on usb 3 ports as well as two on this computer and they both worked fine.  I am able to repeatedly deploy and debug applications.  The primary difference is that this machine is running windows 8, my work laptop which failed to debug was running windows 7.  I tried my samsung cable which didn't work on my laptop, it is working on this machine.  Seems to be a driver or other issue with the usb ports on my work laptop.  This is all running the 4.3 micro framework and sdk's.  Thanks for the help, looks like I'll be programming at home from now on.  :)

#48774 Problem Debugging App

Posted by Russell Christensen on 26 April 2013 - 05:27 PM in Netduino Go

I actually started out on the 4.2 sdk initially.  I was seeing the same problem so I updated to 4.3 to see if visual studio 2012 handled it a little better.  Now I'm wondering if its the USB cable I'm using.  I do mobile development and have had issues debugging apps on my samsung phone using anything but a Samsung cable.  I was using my samsung cable with the netduino, I'm going to try this evening to see if a different usb cable produces different results.  I am not sure if this matters or not though.  As far as a USB filter driver or sniffer, I don't know anything about that.  It could be possible with the Android sdk to install that kind of driver?  

#48740 Problem Debugging App

Posted by Russell Christensen on 25 April 2013 - 08:42 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Did exactly as you asked, visual studio hangs at Waiting for device to initialize for a bit, the program never runs.  I do not have any modules connected to the netduino go at all, no extra dll's added.  Eventually visual studio reports:

Waiting for device to initialize...
The debugging target and the debugger engine failed to initialize because of unspecified device errors.
The debugger engine thread has terminated unexpectedly with error 'Could not reconnect to the debugging target after rebooting it.'.

#48737 Problem Debugging App

Posted by Russell Christensen on 25 April 2013 - 08:20 PM in Netduino Go

This morning I remembered that I had my Netduino Go stored in my filing cabinet and decided to start messing around with it again.  I brought it to work with me and updated the firmware to 4.2.2.1.  I went to update the shield base firmware as well but I was having trouble connecting to the device.  I resolved that issue (had to do with the new name of the device).  In visual studio 2010 it would try to deploy but would fail to connect to the debugger after rebooting the device.  I removed the .net mf 4.2 and installed 4.3 as well as the sdk for 4.3.  I created a new application in VS 2012 which builds just fine, it finds the device, installs, then on restart again fails to connect to the debugger.  

Micro Framework Device Deployment Output:

Looking for a device on transport 'USB'
Starting device deployment...
Iteration 0
Opening port ?USB#VID_22B1&PID_1000#000000000000#{09343630-a794-10ef-334f-82ea332c49f3}Operations
Attaching debugger engine...
... debugger engine attached!
Querying device assemblies...
Found Assembly mscorlib 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Native 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Net 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly System 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly System.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM 4.2.0.1
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly GoBus 1.0.0.0
Found Assembly GoBusSerialTransport 1.4.1.0
Found Assembly NetduinoGo.ShieldBase 0.4.0.0
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino 4.2.1.0
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Time 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo 4.2.2.0
Found Assembly Nwazet.Go.Core 1.0.0.0
Found Assembly NetduinoGoApplication1 1.0.0.0
Found Assembly Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS 1.0.0.0
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware 4.2.0.0
Adding pe file C:Program Files (x86)Secret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2lesecretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduinogo.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:UserschristerDownloadsNwazetAssembliesDebuglenwazet.go.core.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:UserschristerDocumentsVisual Studio 2012ProjectsNetduinoGoApplication1NetduinoGoApplication1binDebugleNetduinoGoApplication1.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:UserschristerDownloadsNwazetAssembliesDebuglenwazet.go.sdt028atftlcdts.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:Program Files (x86)Secret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2lesecretlabs.netmf.hardware.pe to deployment bundle
Attempting deployment...
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 31336 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.
Restarting interpreter...
Attaching to device...
Waiting for device to initialize...
The debugging target and the debugger engine failed to initialize because of unspecified device errors.
The debugger engine thread has terminated unexpectedly with error 'Could not reconnect to the debugging target after rebooting it.'.

Is there anything I can try to get this to work?  I thought maybe if it was only a debug issue that running an app that would print something to the nwazet lcd would indicate that the program is indeed running, I just can't debug, but that didn't work either.  I run the code to print a line on the screen, but all I see is the stock image that the screen shows when its initialized.  Any help with this would be appreciated!

Russ

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.