Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

gfcwfzkm's Content

There have been 2 items by gfcwfzkm (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60374 Question comparing Netduino vs Arduino

Posted by gfcwfzkm on 09 October 2014 - 08:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

True, for .NET Developers is a .NET-Board much better.

But since im studing electronic engineer ('Elektroniker' in German, not sure if GoogleTranslate was correct) So i got "converted" to C and 8Bit-Microcontrollers (at the moment, we are learning ARM and FPGA). And since i have to watch to my pocket money (in job and private). I cannot use for every little project an Netduino Plus 2. The Netduino Plus 2 Costs 79.90 CHF (~85$) on my local distributor (play-zone.ch).

An AVR-uC starts at 1.64 CHF (1.72$). I hope they add an tutorial/options to custom-Burn the Firmware on an blank STM32F4 Microcontroller to reduce cost's and size.

And the other reason was the "bad" support for VB-Developers. I used VB always for simple Windows Programs. But i only find C#-Developers, C#-Books or C#-Tutorials... :(

The 2 Interrupts, INT0 and INT1 can be triggered by a falling or rising edge or a low level. But every PIN can generate an interrupt when they get toggled. The difference is, that these 2 interrupts are "High-Level Interrupts". (Check out any ATMEGA datasheet. In the "Pin Configurations", all these PCINTXX are Interrupts :D ).

What i also miss are timers :( . Timers are a big reason why i dont use the NETMF anymore because you can do much stuff with them.

Oh, and about the Software Serial Port: No problem since the AVR Microcontroller can toggle their PINs faster than the Netduino Plus 2 ( :)  yes, i can use WS812-LEDs at only 8MHz Speed). So with an AVR uC u would maybe reach higher speed with the Software Serial Port than with an Netduino. Or you use the (up to two) Hardware Serial Ports with a Baud rate of up to 2.5Mbps.

So i hope they include more options to the NETMF Framework to get better Access to some Low-Level Registers ,Functions and maybe an option for an "WatchDog". Timer for example (the Controller on the Netduino Plus 2 has 17 Timers.

And a new small Netduino Mini (maybe an Netduino Nano? :o ). So it would be small and cheap :)

mfg

gfc

#60336 Question comparing Netduino vs Arduino

Posted by gfcwfzkm on 03 October 2014 - 01:25 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Well i prefer my simple AVR (arduino) microcontrollers. I can simply do more stuff with then than a netduino (main reason: netduino is dead-slow in the microcontroller-world) and i love all the Interrupts on the AVR microcontrollers. Every PIN can generate an Interrupt, even if its configured as output-pin (Software-generated interrupt). All the timers, comparators, ADC, USART.... :o

IDE: Atmel Studio 6, based on Visual Studio :). You can use Atmel Studio 6 for Arduino Boards too (with all the Librarys).

Well, the question is, what do u wanna create/make?

I do a lot stuff with sensors, so Interrupts and Fast-Code is more important for me. Actualy, i only used the Ethernet-Port-Network stuff of my Netduino Plus. For the Rest it just hadn't the speed or the memory.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.