Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

trustme's Content

There have been 12 items by trustme (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2279 BlinkM

Posted by trustme on 14 September 2010 - 04:28 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Ok, thanks for your help. I will let you know how I get on when I get it set up.

If you do get this resolved... please do post how. I still have not had successe with the BlinkM.

#1611 AnalogInput values fail to change

Posted by trustme on 01 September 2010 - 02:59 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Ahhh... thanks so much. Wiring the 3.3V header to the AREF header works. I still have so much to learn about hardware. Thanks for the lesson!

#1592 AnalogInput values fail to change

Posted by trustme on 31 August 2010 - 10:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have another issue. I have a MaxSonar which I've connected to Analog port 1-5... tried them all. The Read function always returns 1023. I've hooked up a multimeter and I can see the value is changing as objects are placed in front of the sensor. I've reset the board. I've created and disposed an Interrupt port to disable the resistor mode.

InterruptPort test = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeBoth);
            test.Dispose();

//OutputPort p = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0, false);
            //p.Dispose();
            alarm2 = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);
            alarm2.SetRange(0, 100);

I'm on firmware 4.1.0.2 as I'm using Mac/Parallels to test.

It appears something is amiss. This seems like it should be a very trivial setup. 3 wires out of the MaxSonar, power, ground, and to one of the analog pins.

Is there something else I'm missing?

#1588 Introduction

Posted by trustme on 31 August 2010 - 09:10 PM in Mono

Hello. I asked Chris if I could help with the port to Mac. Long time Windows user... now the job has me Mac bound. So most of my time I'm on a Mac with a VM of Win7. About 2 years ago I joined a new company that had a Windows C# product that needed to be ported to Mac. I convinced them to use Mono to reuse a large portion of the code. That has turned out to be a very good decision. Since then I've been contributing to MonoTouch and MonoMac. I actually learned of Netduino from the monotouch irc. I quickly bought one. I have always been interested in building micro projects. Netduino is of course a fantastic opportunity. It is fun learning about hardware again, I think I learned it once but that was too long ago. Looking forward to helping with the Mac port. Duane

#1540 BlinkM

Posted by trustme on 31 August 2010 - 12:13 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have also tried this: byte[] init = new byte[4] {(byte)'n', 0xff, 0xc4, 0x30 }; Thanks.

#1537 BlinkM

Posted by trustme on 30 August 2010 - 11:49 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm sorry I still need help.

Here is what I've done.

5v to 4.7k resistor to d on blinkM and Analog4
5v to 4.7k resistor to c on blinkM and Analog5
5v to + on blinkM
gnd to - on blinkM

static I2CDevice i2c = new I2CDevice(new I2CDevice.Configuration(0, 100));

int result2 = i2c.Execute(new I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[]
                    {
                        I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(new byte[1] {(byte)'o'})
                    }, 5000);

When it runs result2 in this case is 1. But no command that I send affects the blinkM.

I also tested HardProvider.GetI2CPins(). The returned pins are not analog 5 and 4. They are digital 10 and 11. But that may mean nothing.

Thanks!
Duane

#1435 Netduino Fritzing part

Posted by trustme on 27 August 2010 - 10:11 PM in General Discussion

I just found this. I added the files to the Fritzing folder structure... not sure if I did that correctly. But I'm getting this error: The file /Users/..../fritzing.2010.08.06.mac/parts/user/part.Netduino.fzp is not a Fritzing file (1). Where are the files suppose to be added? Thanks, Duane

#1371 BlinkM

Posted by trustme on 26 August 2010 - 11:56 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Assuming that the analog pin can provide enough power. I still do not know how to configure the analog pin to act as power. My guess now is that this functionality is not part of the Netduino SDK.

#1369 BlinkM

Posted by trustme on 26 August 2010 - 11:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks Stacy - I'm still very new to the hardware side of all this fun. The BlinkM doc says this: In this configuration, power is drawn from the Arduino’s analog in pins 2 & 3, configured via software to act as for BlinkM & BlinkM MaxMpower pins. This does not damage the pins, but does reduce the maximum brightness of BlinkM by about 30%. How do I configure through software analog pins 2 and 3 to act as power? My first guess was to create an OutputPort for GPIO_PIN_A3 and set its state to true, but that did not work. It appears there was an AnalogOut but that is not available anymore. Am I missing something?

#1357 BlinkM

Posted by trustme on 26 August 2010 - 08:21 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I need a little help. I have a BlinkM setup I believe correctly. Here is my code:

byte[] init = new byte[4] {(byte)'c', 0xff, 0xc4, 0x30 };

I2CDevice i2c = new I2CDevice(new I2CDevice.Configuration(0x09, 100));
            I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] xActions = new I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[4]
            {
                //I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(init)
                I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(new byte[] {(byte)'c'}),
                I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(new byte[] { 0xff }),
                I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(new byte[] { 0xc4 }),
                I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(new byte[] { 0x30 })
            };

int result = i2c.Execute(xActions, 100);

Which is my translation of this from the blinkM docs:

Wire.begin();                // set up I2C
Wire.beginTransmission(0x09);// join I2C, talk to BlinkM 0x09
Wire.send(‘c’);              // ‘c’ == fade to color
Wire.send(0xff);             // value for red channel
Wire.send(0xc4);             // value for blue channel
Wire.send(0x30);             // value for green channel
Wire.endTransmission();      // leave I2C bus

result is returning 1 when I use either the 4 CreateWrieTransactions or the single. It might be the clockRate is bad but I do not know what value to pass.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

#881 LoL shield

Posted by trustme on 20 August 2010 - 02:29 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks very much... that is what I hoped would be the answer. I feel that as long as the hardware works, I should be able to get the software to work (with help from the community)!

#870 LoL shield

Posted by trustme on 19 August 2010 - 10:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hello.. this is very exciting. I have never played with arduino either. Can the Netduino work with the LoL shield? The LoL description refers to a library that must be installed. http://code.google.com/p/lolshield/ Is that required? Or can the C# code perform these same functions as the library etc? Thanks for your patience. Lots to learn!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.