carb's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

carb's Content

There have been 185 items by carb (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52537 Call for Secret Labs to Kick Start Go! Bus

Posted by carb on 03 September 2013 - 10:43 PM in General Discussion

Mark,

I am hoping it is because of the long summer and everyone has just been busy, as for me I am working away from home and have to use Hughes net to login to the internet.

Chuck

#52511 Call for Secret Labs to Kick Start Go! Bus

Posted by carb on 03 September 2013 - 12:38 AM in General Discussion

Andy,

Couldn't agree more, it used to take at least a half hour to read the posts on the forum, and there was almost always someone in the chat room.

Now it is like a ghost town.

I have been working with Raspberry Pi, but would still like to dust off one of the many Netduino boards that I purchased, if and when the new firmware comes out, the shieldbase comes out of beta, go Bus, Ethernet, SD card reader etc. are released to the public.

There has been a lot of broken promises, but I am still hoping that they all will materialize before the Netduino become obsolete.

Chuck

#52382 Help bypass switch with reverse current protection

Posted by carb on 27 August 2013 - 12:51 AM in General Discussion

Andy,

You can use a single pole double pole switch. The center contact goes to the coil (other side to ground).

uC-----o o----- pwr supply

spdt switch

o

coil

Chuck

#50851 Ethernet Module Update

Posted by carb on 26 June 2013 - 10:51 PM in Netduino Go

[font="calibri;"] [/font]

[font="calibri;"]The silence from Secret Labs is deafening....[/font]

[font="calibri;"]Attendance in the chat room has disappeared....[/font]

[font="calibri;"]What ever is going on doesn't look good, and no response makes one think the worse.[/font]

[font="calibri;"]Chuck[/font]

#46280 Netduino plus 2 & Serial Communication

Posted by carb on 27 February 2013 - 12:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

PapaPep,

Another good source of information is the CodeBlack blog http://blog.codeblac...with-RS232.aspx He has a series of articles on using the Netduino.

Chuck

#46265 Xbee to LCD using Netduino

Posted by carb on 26 February 2013 - 05:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Bonzo,

Try searching xbee here in the forum, You should find plenty of code. You may need to change some for firmware changes and different pin layouts.

Also have a look at http://examples.digi.com/ it has a lot of good examples of things that you can do with xbees

Chuck

#46110 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by carb on 22 February 2013 - 11:12 PM in General Discussion

I plugged each board into a precision power supply that displays applied voltage and the current that is being used.

Barrel connector input with the power supply programed at 7.5 vdc. No IOs other anything else connected. Some may have programs running, I did not erase boards, All have current firmware loaded. https://www.dropbox....nm/IMGP0265.JPG

#46086 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by carb on 22 February 2013 - 06:33 PM in General Discussion

Current draw for just the boards with power led on (barrel jack 7.5 vdc applied):

• Netduino = 32 mamp
  • Netduino + = 41 mamp
  • Netduino 2 = 22 mamp
  • Netduino +2 = 122 mamp

#46079 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by carb on 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Markus,

On the generation 1 boards (except mini) you uses a small gold colored square just inboard of the D0 header for erasing the board. Use a jumper from 3.3 vdc and touch the square for about a 1/2 second.

Then reflash.

The generation 2 boards are erased with STDFU Tester.

Chuck

#45698 LED dim

Posted by carb on 18 February 2013 - 03:28 AM in General Discussion

Toon,

I don't have time to look at the moment, but have you tried searching the forum?

The easiest way is to search from google (the forum doesn't find capitalized letters very well ie. LED, PWM)

use:

site:forums.netduino.com led

There should be something there.

Chuck

#45634 RUSSIAN METEOR

Posted by carb on 16 February 2013 - 06:10 PM in Project Showcase

It was the new sonic boom Go module.

#45550 Hello! Just getting started!

Posted by carb on 15 February 2013 - 02:56 AM in General Discussion

Isomerc,

For some drivers etc. checkout Pololu.com most can be controlled with serial connection. http://www.pololu.com/

Chuck

#45397 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.2 (update 1)

Posted by carb on 12 February 2013 - 11:16 PM in Netduino Go

Wernerotten,

I don't see any reason it shouldn't work, I updated 2 shieldbases.

Recommend:

• Start with a freshly loaded computer (reboot just before going into Visual Studio).
  • Have only the shieldbase plugged in to the Go board.
  • Use a different 10 cm cable.
  • Plug in the USB cable from the Netduino Go and the computer.
  • Make a new directory and unzip the shieldbase update program.
  • Run the solution

If that doesn't work contact Chris (if he doesn't respond to this post) and see if he has any other tricks that will get it updated.

Chuck

#45346 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.2 (update 1)

Posted by carb on 11 February 2013 - 11:22 PM in Netduino Go

Wernerotten,

Don't worry about it, that is the correct way that it now operates. If you watch closely the first 2 LED flash very briefly, then turn off. If you connect a module like a pushbutton to one of then the LED will work like it used too.

It was a change in the new firmware, part of the rapid boot up changes. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and talked to Chris about it and he said that it was normal with the new firmware.

That is the correct behavior. The first two LEDs turn off quickly during boot...and then the other six stay on until TinyCLR is fully running. This will change in NETMF 4.3, with the new fast boot process. All of your Netduino Go boards may behave that same way, when upgraded to 4.2.2. Mine do :) If you connect a GoBus module to GoPort 1 or 2, they should run fine and the LED should light up properly when they're enabled.  
Chris

Hope that helps,

Chuck

#45244 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.1 (Update 1)

Posted by carb on 10 February 2013 - 01:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Dave,

This is what I get from my Netduino Plus 2 that has been updated to 4.2.2

HalSystemInfo.halVersion:               4.2.0.0HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo:            Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLCHalSystemInfo.oemCode:                  34HalSystemInfo.modelCode:                177HalSystemInfo.skuCode:                  4102HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber:       00000000000000000000000000000000HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber:       0000000000000000ClrInfo.clrVersion:                     4.2.0.0ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo:                  Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLCClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion:         4.2.0.0SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.2.2.1SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.1) by Secret Labs LLCSoftwareVersion.BuildDate:              Jan 26 2013SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:        410894FloatingPoint:                          TrueSourceLevelDebugging:                   TrueThreadCreateEx:                         TrueLCD.Width:                              0LCD.Height:                             0LCD.BitsPerPixel:                       0AppDomains:                             TrueExceptionFilters:                       TrueIncrementalDeployment:                  TrueSoftReboot:                             FalseProfiling:                              FalseProfilingAllocations:                   FalseProfilingCalls:                         FalseIsUnknown:                              False

Hope this helps,

Chuck

#45219 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by carb on 09 February 2013 - 10:40 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks for your response Chuck, but I'm a bit lost, can you provide me the link of the NP2 page, I only know about this http://www.netduino....plus2/specs.htm and I don't see any útil docs.

Regards!

http://forums.netdui...-v422-update-2/

#45186 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by carb on 08 February 2013 - 11:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Duefectu,

The Netduino Plus 2 uses a different processor and method to erase and load firmware.

Go to the top of the NP2 page and follow the instructions for erasing the board and reload the desired firmware.

MFDeploy works for the Netduino, but the Netduino Plus 2 requires DFUSE Tester to erase.

Chuck

#45152 Netduino Plus 2 not responding

Posted by carb on 08 February 2013 - 11:31 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Eddyogi,

For the Netduino Plus 2 use STDFU Tester to erase, hold the button when you plug in the Netduino.

The erase instruction are pinned at the top for updating firmware for the Netduino Plus 2.

Chuck

#45050 how to communicate with usb?the code for netduino doesnt work or plus 2

Posted by carb on 07 February 2013 - 02:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Weixiongmei,

You can not use the installed micro USB, it is for power, deployment and debug only.

If you want to talk to the Netduino over a serial port you will need something like http://www.adafruit.com/products/284 or http://www.adafruit.com/products/70.

If you use the cable approach get one that outputs 3.3vdc not the 5vdc.

Read the series from CodeBlack, he has a lot of good information. http://blog.codeblac...ng-Started.aspx

By the way welcome to the forum.

Chuck

#45048 small door sensor

Posted by carb on 07 February 2013 - 02:21 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I do not know without some time to research it, but my gut feeling is no.

• You need to be carefull hooking into the analog pin, it has a maximum design voltage of 3.3 vdc. May be be able to setup a voltage divider if it has a higher voltage.
  • An Analog pin can not sink 30ma.
  • Most LEDs are closer to 20ma.
  • I didn't find the protocol listed in the manual (didn't spend that much time looking), it could be serial or any number of dedicated protocols.
  • The protocol and voltage etc. will dictate the pins that you can use.
  • Start by figuring out what you want the circuit to do and maybe we can help you find a solution.

I will try to help, but may not have much time for awhile. The plant that I work at is being closed down.

Good luck,

Chuck

#44988 small door sensor

Posted by carb on 05 February 2013 - 10:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

optimus primer,

The link was to the Keypad that you listed.

I do not know if it would work without seeing what it transmits using a logic analysis or more information from a data sheet.

Chuck

#44934 small door sensor

Posted by carb on 05 February 2013 - 01:32 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The data out may be something like a serial line that sends the code to the alarm panel instead. It does not make sense to have a wire that just turns the panel on or off. That would only take 2 wires and could be opened or shorted to turn the panel off.

I would not buy the keypad with a data sheet. http://www.intellaho...148 install.pdf

Chuck

#44839 PWM not working to drivers.. Questions!

Posted by carb on 03 February 2013 - 04:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Which version of firmware are you using exactly? 4.2.2.0? 4.2.2.1? 4.2.2.2? I used pin D5 as PWM recently on Netduino Plus 2. If you plug an LED into pin D5 and GND on your Netduino Plus 2, can you blink it using OutputPort? Does PWM work on the LED? Chris  

Chris,

4.2.2.2? Which firmware is this?

Chuck

#44693 System.IO.Exception Occurs In MCP23008LcdTransferProvider Constructor

Posted by carb on 01 February 2013 - 01:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

MonsterHunter,

Wlecome to the forum.

I don't think that you can use A4 & A5 for I2C yet. The Netduino 2 Plus has its own SDA & SCL pins at the end of the DIO header. I think that you can tie the A4 to the SDA and A5 to the SCL with a jumper. At least until the firmware is updated to allow using the A4 & A5 connections.

Search for SDA & SCL on the forum uner the NP2+ and you should find additional information

Chuck

#44354 Netduino Go and NETMF Toolbox

Posted by carb on 28 January 2013 - 02:36 AM in Netduino Go

Chris,

The Adafruit RGB LCD Shield is I2C. http://www.adafruit.com/products/714

I have a LCD Backpack that can run in I2C or SPI that I will try to get working next weekend.

Or better yet maybe Komodex Labs will release his LCD module.

Thanks,

Chuck

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.