Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

dyadica's Content

There have been 17 items by dyadica (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16591 Update Kills My Minis

Posted by dyadica on 10 August 2011 - 10:20 PM in Netduino Mini

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies; sadly my computer has also bit the dust (not having a good week)so I’m not going to be able to try for a couple of days but fingers crossed :) For ref one of the mini’s was fresh, first thing I did was try the install. However the other one had some serial bits going off. Can I clarify if the update install wipes your existing program? If not then this may be the case for that one?? I’ll give the erase a go and try a few hundred times (hope not lol) and get back to you if that’s ok :) Once again thanks to you both for the help, hopefully it won’t take that long to get going. Any ideas if there is better software out there for flashing than samba? Also on the off chance is there another version of the update that fixes the serial issues so I can give that one a go on my third chip. Cheers, d

#16543 Update Kills My Minis

Posted by dyadica on 09 August 2011 - 06:26 PM in Netduino Mini

I have now tried installing update Version: 4.1.0 Update 6 (version 4.1.0.6) on two minis each time via TTL using the TTL version on each occasion MFDeploy seemed to complete ok however I now cannot access ping deploy or even re-flash either. If i ping the board I get Error no response from device. I have tried to re-flash (Via RS232) but each I try to connect to samba I get no board detected. If I manually set the 7x512 board type as detailed on the chip I receive a No processor valid ID fatal error. I have repeated this process with both v2.9 and v2.10 but to no avail. I’m not happy at the moment. I have 1 more mini but am scared to update however I need the serial fix to verify a few things I have been working on. I had come across a posing with the same error for another board which detailed the issue to be a security bit - any chance this is a similar issue? Any Ideas?

#16479 Serial Communication

Posted by dyadica on 08 August 2011 - 11:06 AM in Netduino Mini

Ha, dammn and thanks :) With this in mind do you know if it is it feasible to communicate (using Com2) over xBee via a http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9132 board as this regulates the voltage down to 3v3 for the xBee from 5v. I'm not sure how the RX, TX are effected? If so I can swap the AHRS over to Com1. Any ideas? Cheers, d

#16459 Serial Communication

Posted by dyadica on 08 August 2011 - 12:38 AM in Netduino Mini

Hi, A stupid question, I know I'm missing some raw and basic knowledge, if I use Com1 (TTL) to deploy and set up a SerialPort on Com2 (RS232) will Com2 only facilitate serial to other RS232 devices or can it do TTL. Does this matter for deployment only? are RX, TX lines independent of format as so to speak? I cannot seem to get a AHRS 9DOF to read via Com2. Cheers, d

#13759 Arduino Xbee shield in Netduino

Posted by dyadica on 30 May 2011 - 10:52 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, I have managed to get this to work ok. Coincidentally I have just also done a blog post about it. If you don't fancy the idea of soldering on headers to your netduino you can also opt for the Sparkfun Explorer Regulated board. I use this too depending on requirement etc.

Hope that helps, d

#13465 Computer + Netduino Integration

Posted by dyadica on 19 May 2011 - 08:40 PM in Project Showcase

Hi folks, I have updated the example to use Hari's SerialPortHelper class to handle management of the serial ports. The advantage of this is that with provision of ReadLine functionality there is no longer any need to detail the length of each set of data being sent back and forth. This simplifies the code greatly :)

For more info and to see the code in action check out the following videos:

1. Updated WinForm example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqIwx1Dvek

2. Netduino - XNA example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEjDibe-Q8

The source will be available shortly via my website (just gone down grr) as soon as its back up (next few hours I hope)

Cheers, d

#11031 Driverless PC<->Netduino communication using USB

Posted by dyadica on 17 March 2011 - 11:29 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Cool, this is what I have been waiting for :) I'll give it a bash as soon as I get in from work and report back my findings.

#1253 Another Analog Input Question

Posted by dyadica on 24 August 2010 - 10:13 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yep that did it thanks again :)

#1250 Computer + Netduino Integration

Posted by dyadica on 24 August 2010 - 09:38 PM in Project Showcase

Hi I used a USB to Serial TTL Cable (OEM FTDI Cable) such as this one. I just used the TXD and RXD lines (remember to cross them).

I plan to move over to USB in the long term, however am awaiting on the development of the netduino HID driver as detailed in this origional thread. In the long term I also plan to try and integrate a sparkfun BlueSMiRF Gold.

Currently I am working on further developing the package management for this system and plan to update this thread soon with a new iteration that faccilitates input to the computer via an accelerometer - yup you guessed it Im trying to build my own wiimote :)

#1247 Another Analog Input Question

Posted by dyadica on 24 August 2010 - 08:54 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, Id missed that due to the panic of my netduino not working and having to do a manual erase etc Ill give it a go thank you both for the info, dyadica

#1244 Computer + Netduino Integration

Posted by dyadica on 24 August 2010 - 08:23 PM in Project Showcase

Hi, Chris has suggested that I post this here so here goes:

The following details simple 2 way Communication with a Windows Forms App - Rudimentary packet handling has been implemented via inclusion of an additional byte to the beginning of the packet which details the length of the string to be sent to the Netduino.

Once received the device filters the incoming data and recreates the string. A simple switch statement is then used to trigger functionality.

To see it in action, check out the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hgvBMmS5Tc

Netduino Serial 1.0.zip

I have attached the source to this post, hope its of help to someone, cheers, dyadica

#1243 Another Analog Input Question

Posted by dyadica on 24 August 2010 - 08:11 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, I have wired up a sparkfun Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout ADXL335 to the netduino as follows: x - PIN_A0 y - PIN_A1 z - PIN_A2 VCC - 3V3 && Aref GND - Gnd All works ok when I only try to read a single port, however if I try to read all 3 as detailed below the netduino drops out during the while statement and then I have to do a manual erase of the program via MFDeploy before I can successfully deploy to the device again. My program is as follows: using System; using System.Threading; using Microsoft.SPOT; using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware; using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware; using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino; namespace accelerometer { public class Program { // Define our accelerometer inputs static AnalogInput accX; static AnalogInput accY; static AnalogInput accZ; public static void Main() { // Create the Inputs accX = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0); accY = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1); accZ = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A2); // Output the values ??? while (true) { // When alone works fine Debug.Print("accX: " + accX.Read().ToString()); // This (multiple) doesn't // Debug.Print("accX: " + accX.Read().ToString()); // Debug.Print("accY: " + accY.Read().ToString()); // Debug.Print("accZ: " + accZ.Read().ToString()); } } } } I have tested the accelerometer via just running the single input code and swapping in the respective wire for x,y,z. The likelihood is that I am missing something obvious due to inexperience etc so with that in mind a few questions: I have assumed that I can wire in multiple analog inputs which can be read concurrently. Is this correct? Drawing upon peoples vaster pools of knowledge do I seem to have I wired up the system correctly? Does the Aref only cater for a single input? Cheers dyadica

#1074 Serial Communication

Posted by dyadica on 22 August 2010 - 05:51 PM in Project Showcase

Hi, Thanks for that. I have also uploaded an example for communication with a windows forms app. You can find the source via the following thread I hope its of some help to folks :)

#1072 a few deploy via serial questions

Posted by dyadica on 22 August 2010 - 05:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, Sadly my 5V cable was a none starter however I have managed to pick up a 3V3 and implement simple 2 way Communication with a Windows Forms App - Rudimentary packet handling has been implemented via inclusion of an additional byte to the beginning of the packet which details the length of the string to be sent to the Netduino. Once received the device filters the incoming data and recreates the string. A simple switch statement is then used to trigger functionality. To see it in action, check out the video here: Attached File  Netduino Serial 1.0.zip   198.43KB   616 downloads I have attached the source to this post, hope its of help to someone, cheers, dyadica

#808 a few deploy via serial questions

Posted by dyadica on 18 August 2010 - 10:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, yes, that sounds like a much better plan, thanks :)

#792 a few deploy via serial questions

Posted by dyadica on 18 August 2010 - 08:56 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, thanks, I’ll give the cable a go and see what happens; I just didn’t want to risk blowing up my new toy ;) Great news about the HID driver, I can’t wait, that’s just what I want for about a thousand apps. In the mean time I’m going to give the USB/Serial patch a go. Would I use the procedure as outlined in the pre mentioned posting for re flashing the device etc. Again, thanks for your help

#771 a few deploy via serial questions

Posted by dyadica on 18 August 2010 - 06:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi All Just go my netduino today from skpang.co.uk however without the small (no un-boxing for me) box :( despite that I instantly implemented the blinking led example and jobs a good un ;) However I have a few questions whose answers seem to get more confusing as I read the forums. Primarily I am interested in communicating with a few windows forms applications. It seems that in order to achieve this I will have to update the firmware and deploy via serial. Is this defiantly the case, or is it possible to deploy an app to the device and then use the usb link for communication? All I want to do is turn on and off a couple of pager motors and led’s to begin with, via a windows form button press. If I do have to install the update patch would I follow the method as indicated in the following posting: http://forums.netdui...rased-netduino/ supplementing the serial patch etc Currently I own a TTL-232R Usb to TTL Serial Cable (5.0V) is this suitable for using with the netduino or will I need to obtain a 3V3 one? Can I persuade someone out there to produce a windows forms – netduino tutorial, I (and by the looks of it a few others) would be forever grateful :) Please excuse my ignorance on the subject, for I am new to all this etc, cheers :)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.