The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co.
This site has been preserved for archival purposes only
and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
There have been 3 items by yxhu
(Search limited from 05-July 19)
I have upgraded my ND2 to v4.3.1, unfortunately it didn't work well with VS2013. Basically I can't attach debugger to it after successful deploy via VS2013. I decided to downgraded. I have followed per instruction as described here:
Thank you so much for shedding the light on this one.... I have resolved issue by replacing the MAX232 as it was malfunction. Usually MAX232 quite stable didn't know why for this instance it stopped work. Maybe I am just too new to this Netduino world and got bully by this small piece of chip.
I am new to this forums and this is my first post. Recently I have purchased a few ND2s. I setup a very small serial communication program and unfortunatey it didn't work as expected. Here is the setting:
On netduino, I am using COM4, the connection to the PC as:
Basically, I wanted to let ND to keep sending string "abc" to the PC. After I have tried different Baud rates, i.e. 9600, 4800, 2400. I am always getting very wired result at PC end, please see the attached screenshot.
I suspect there might be the Baud rate mismatch. However, I have tripple checked my code, both sides have identical settings on the serial port.
I spent many hours googling with no luck.
On other weird thing was, I needed to set 'DiscardNull = true' on the PC end, otherwise I am getting massive '0x00' bytes from ND.
I am using VS2010, Micro Framework 4.2, Netdunio SDK 126.96.36.199. I started with VS2013, Micro Framework 4.3, and Netduino SDK 188.8.131.52, unforturnately I couldn't debug the program on ND. I always get error "The debuging target is not in an initialized state; rebooting......", So I have reverted everything back to VS2010, then I could debug the program.
I have also attached the output from "Device capabilities" in the MSDeploy FYI.