Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

KenTi's Content

There have been 11 items by KenTi (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63063 USB-Serial Module

Posted by KenTi on 06 June 2015 - 03:49 PM in Netduino 3

Thanks Mark for the reply... I think I'll try to work on my patience and wait for the Go module  :)

#63059 USB-Serial Module

Posted by KenTi on 05 June 2015 - 06:20 PM in Netduino 3

Thanks Mark... I guess I'll put it in my spare parts box for a while ;-)

Any recommendation on a serial module? I think I read where there will be some coming out soon for the Go ports, and I guess I can wait, but in case I get a need to spend some money, it'd be nice to know what will work well with Netduino.

#63057 USB-Serial Module

Posted by KenTi on 05 June 2015 - 02:47 PM in Netduino 3

I'm guessing this is a no-go then and can't be used?

#62966 USB-Serial Module

Posted by KenTi on 29 May 2015 - 01:56 PM in Netduino 3

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but doing a search revealed nothing. I have a USB-Serial Module via Go bus and can't actually figure out how to open a communication with it.

There's two things I would like to do in order of importance:

1) Use it to communicate with the PC

2) Use it to deploy and use the other USB for communication

It's probably something simple I'm missing, but not sure what...

The actual product is https://www.ghielect...log/product/287

I have the piezo, pot, button and led which I haven't even got to yet, but they seem pretty straight forward. It's this module that's got me stumped.

My test program from the PC can send to the USB-Serial as I see the light blinking on the module when I send text, I'm just not sure how to open the port on the Netduino 3 to read it.

#62757 TM1803 v2 LED Strip

Posted by KenTi on 20 May 2015 - 05:32 PM in Netduino 3

Hi Sven,

Thank you for that very informative reply. Since I'm always trying to look for sources, where did you learn this or is this something that's general knowledge and I should have known  :)

So, to make sure I understand, I could have put anything in place of Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10 (like PIN_D09) and that would not have mattered? The pins 11, 12 and 13 are always the same for the purpose of SPI?

Again, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge... 

#62749 TM1803 v2 LED Strip

Posted by KenTi on 19 May 2015 - 07:54 PM in Netduino 3

Thank you HSven1611... JCoder's code actually got me closer... I'm able to light up some of the strip now (still playing around with my limited time)

Now why is it that if I do the following:

SPI.Configuration spiConfig = new SPI.Configuration(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10, false, 0, 0, false, true, 6666SPI.SPI_module.SPI1);

I actually have to hook up my green wire to pin 11???  :wacko:

Looking at the code, I would think hooking it up to PIN 10 for the Digital I/O would be what I do.

#62720 TM1803 v2 LED Strip

Posted by KenTi on 17 May 2015 - 04:55 PM in Netduino 3

Being a complete newbie and have no clue what I'm doing, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a couple of RGB LED strips from Radio Shack that use the TM1803 controller. Is it possible to drive it using the Netduino? They use 1 wire for communication and it takes 12v at least 1 amp... I'm using a 12v 2amp adapter.

What method do I use to send it information? I have the Arduino code and the strips work fine, but I'd like to move it over to the Netduino, but since I'm such a newbie at this stuff, I'm not sure what pin I use (analog or digital) and how to send the information. I tried a bunch of different things but the strip just sits there and taunts me :-)

The arduino code seems to do a direct port write with a bunch of no ops to put in the required delay's when sending the 24 bit data structure. But converting that to .Net has stumped me.

To represent a High signal the TM1803 expects to see a signal with a period of 2.04uS and a duty cycle of 66%

To represent a Low signal the TM1803 expects to see a signal with a period of 2.04uS and a duty cycle of 33%

To represent a Reset signal the TM1803 expects to see a Low for 24uS

Any push in the right direction would help.

Attached is the data sheet for the chip.

Attached Files

#62577 New to Netduino, excited about prospects, need help getting started...

Posted by KenTi on 10 May 2015 - 05:18 PM in Netduino 3

There are some flash wear concerns with changing SSIDs all the time so we haven't enabled dynamic changes to SSIDs...although that's something we could possibly patch into the old SPOT libraries (Wireless80211.SaveConfiguration, etc.) if critical to your application. For now I recommend using MFDeploy... And looking forward to all the new API goodness coming in NETMF 4.4 and beyond.

I can understand it was constantly written to, but if someone checked the current SSID, and it has not changed, then a write wouldn't be necessary. It's not a critical thing, I was mainly curious about alternative ways of configuring the wireless.

Ah yes, looks like this might be a bug in the NETMF core. Can you add your experiences to that thread, and I'll ping the team in Redmond to see if this is something that can get fixed in NETMF 4.4? [Also, do any of the workarounds in that thread fix things for you?]

This was my stupidity... I didn't try the last sample in the thread, and that seemed to have fixed the flushing.

Thank you again for your awesome help.  :D

#62563 New to Netduino, excited about prospects, need help getting started...

Posted by KenTi on 09 May 2015 - 11:07 PM in Netduino 3

You Rock!!! Thank you soooo much for your fast reply and on a Saturday as well!!... I love my green light ;-)

Was there docs somewhere that I missed on that? What if I wanted to read the SSID from, say, from a config.txt file from the SD card and dynamically configure it.. is that way to in depth at this point in time? When I try to Wireless80211.SaveConfiguration, I get a feature not supported type error...

----

CTRL+F5 refresh on the downloads page gave me completely different results, so now I'm able to see the latest and greatest... Thank you again.

---

As far as SD card, I purchased the one I think you recommended from Amazon... 2GB Micro SD.

I wrote some simple code based on what I found on the net and it basically wrote to \SD\TestFile.txt using File.WriteBytes

This came from http://forums.netdui...ile-to-sd-card/which seemed to also have the same issue about it not committing the text to the file.

(Code was similar to post #15)

Again, thank you so much for a push in the right direction... If I can avoid burning the board up, I'm going to have tons of fun.

#62548 New to Netduino, excited about prospects, need help getting started...

Posted by KenTi on 09 May 2015 - 03:39 PM in Netduino 3

I was able to get the update to work. Seriously, consider changing the name of the STDFU driver from amd64 to x64... I didn't touch it because I'm not using an AMD. ;-)

I'm still lost with getting started on the hardware ;-)

#62547 New to Netduino, excited about prospects, need help getting started...

Posted by KenTi on 09 May 2015 - 03:12 PM in Netduino 3

Hi Chris,
I've been a .NET user for a long, long time, but I'm a newbie at Netduino and all that it entails... I'm excited about it's prospects, but having a really difficult time with it at the moment.

I'm unable to see any device when running NetduinoUpdate.exe. I have followed the instructions and installed all the pre-requisites. I'm able to compile and run the blinky demo.

Here's my setup:
Computer: MSI GT70-0ND
Device manager reports: Universal Serial Bus devices -> STM32 BOOTLOADER
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.3.2.0

I don't want to clutter this thread with newbie questions, but do you have a pointer to someone just starting with Netduino? I really learn by example, and either I'm searching on Google for the wrong thing, or there just aren't any.

I tried to access the Wi-Fi, but failed miserably. It doesn't appear that Netduino 3 specific libraries are available. Even the download page http://www.netduino.com/downloads/doesn't point to 4.3.1 SDK, so how will I know when there's a new release?

Finding code samples is a bear... For Wi-Fi, all I see is something like https://msdn.microso...e/gg232761.aspxwhich almost helps, but doesn't actually have info on how to access the device itself (in the code sample, it says "WiFi.Enable...etc..." so I'm assuming WiFi is a reference to the hardware which I can't seem to find in the libraries of the SDK.

I even tried writing a simple text file to the SD card, and got the file there, but even doing a .Flush() fails to write the contents... again, I can't find any samples specific to the Netduino 3.

Thank you for any help in advance to get me started...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.