Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

backseatdriver's Content

There have been 4 items by backseatdriver (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61770 3V3 to 5V SPI link

Posted by backseatdriver on 03 March 2015 - 09:41 PM in General Discussion

Mario, thanks for the response.

What is "GEP"?

Sorry... GEP in this context means 'Good Engineering Practices'.

As for what is supplied by the HC11, the Netduino (by means the MCU) is 5V tolerant so there's no problem.

As for what is supplied by the Netduino (3.3V), the "HC" voltage levels (68HC11) are able to recognize the logic high at 3V: again, no problem.

Sounds good.  I was hoping something simple like this could be done.

Question: why don't you use the UART? It's much more convenient if you want exchange data between MCUs...

Originally, I thought I might have a dual master SPI system where both the nd+ and the hc11 shared some SPI slave devices.  With both MCUs on SPI, it made sense to try to use it for communication between MCUs too.  But, because there's no slave mode on nd+ it doesn't sound like such a good idea now.

Thanks again for the help.

#61756 3V3 to 5V SPI link

Posted by backseatdriver on 02 March 2015 - 03:33 AM in General Discussion

I have an old 68HC11EVB that I want to communicate with from my nd+2 via SPI... 

1)  What's a good way (following GEP of course) to deal with the 5V / 3V3 difference? 

2)  Is it true that the nd+2 can't operate as an SPI slave? 

3)  Anyone know of a similar project that I can reference? 

Thanks in advance.

bsd

#61755 ND+2 I2C with AT24C08D EEPROM

Posted by backseatdriver on 02 March 2015 - 02:49 AM in General Discussion

No luv from the nd+ team on this one?

So, fyi... I'm treating the chip as 4 individual, 256 byte eeproms with some extra code to deal with crossing boundary.  Not a perfect solution but at least the chip's useful for something. 

#61558 ND+2 I2C with AT24C08D EEPROM

Posted by backseatdriver on 07 February 2015 - 04:09 PM in General Discussion

Hello,

I want to use an Atmel AT24C08D I2C serial 8k x 8 EEPROM with my ND+2.

http://www.atmel.com...D-Datasheet.pdf

With this chip, bits 1 and 2 of the I2C device address byte are used as the two most significant bits(A9 and A8) of the memory word address.

I've searched the forum and the internet and haven't found any information on how to handle this.  Is there a way to manipulate the read only I2CDevice.Address using Reflection or some other method?

Thanks.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.