Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Hobbit's Content

There have been 4 items by Hobbit (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63576 How to Rename N3 for classroom

Posted by Hobbit on 18 July 2015 - 05:51 PM in Netduino 3

Chris,

I think that would be a great idea and would be handy as we move into the IoT at full speed!!!

H

#63520 How to Rename N3 for classroom

Posted by Hobbit on 14 July 2015 - 04:59 PM in Netduino 3

Chris,

Just to clarify, there is no way to change the name of the N3 correct?  Also, I changed the friendly USB name in MFDeploy but in visual studio it still shows up as Netduino3)Netduino.  I have to figure out a way that the students know which board is which. I will label them but it would be nice to see the friendly name in VS.

Hobbit

#63500 How to Rename N3 for classroom

Posted by Hobbit on 13 July 2015 - 11:30 PM in Netduino 3

Thanks for the fast response Chris!  I thought about adding entries into the LMHosts files on the student machines since we image them anyway it wouldn't be too hard.

BTW I love the N3!!!  It is so cool to have WiFi built in. I used your suggestion about how to keep the WiFi connected... works great.  Thanks again.

Hobbit

#63493 How to Rename N3 for classroom

Posted by Hobbit on 13 July 2015 - 06:15 PM in Netduino 3

Hi all,

I purchased 35 Netduino 3's for my new Home Automation class I plan to teach next Spring. However, I would like to rename each unit so they can be seen on the LAN using a NetBIOS name. I also need a way to be able to find the IP of each device using something like this:

IPHostEntry ipEntry = Dns.GetHostEntry(hostname);

I assigned each board a static IP and DNS points to the router.  I can see the boards in the Arp cache and can ping them just fine. One of the members suggested using NameService but I cannot find the namespace for that in the NetMF.

I appreciate your ideas.

Hobbit

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.