Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

w3n's Content

There have been 4 items by w3n (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61119 Adafruit 16-channel 12-bit pwm/servo shield

Posted by w3n on 01 January 2015 - 08:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Iced98lx thanks by your reply!,

I was following your posts and using your driver, tomorrow I they are delivering me the non-shield version, so tomorrow I'll be back on this and see if I'm able to make it work, the funny thing is I don't understand why the shield version is not working I'm starting to suspect  somehow I burned it, because there're a few blogs about people using this same shield with a rasberry pi...

#61097 Computer doesn't recognize plus 1

Posted by w3n on 30 December 2014 - 03:00 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

that's a normal behaviour, you 'll need SAM-BA and install a driver to emulate a COM port to be able to connect to the device, follow the steps at this guide, it worked for me -and I'm a total noob on this - so must work for you.

http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

Good luck!

#61092 Netduino plus 1 and I2C

Posted by w3n on 29 December 2014 - 02:31 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi guys I need some help with I2C and Netduino plus 1.

Actually I'm using the A4-A5 Pins to try to communicate with an Adafruit servo shield but just noticied something that's getting me totally confused -I have to say I'm totally new on this but.. seems no sense-

Actually the Shield should be at the address 0x40 as documentation says.

Running the following test code I got confusing outputs:

using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;

namespace NetduinoPlusApplication2
{
    public class Program
    {

static I2CDevice.Configuration _i2cdevice;
        public static void Main()
        {

try
                {
                    Debug.Print("Trying addr: " + 0x38+ "------------------------------------");
                    _i2cdevice = new I2CDevice.Configuration(0x38, 400);
                    I2CDevice MyI2C = new I2CDevice(_i2cdevice);

I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] xActions = new I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[2];

byte[] RegisterNum = new byte[1] { 2 };
                    xActions[0] = I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(RegisterNum);

byte[] RegisterValue = new byte[1];
                    xActions[1] = I2CDevice.CreateReadTransaction(RegisterValue);

if (MyI2C.Execute(xActions, 1000) == 0)
                    {
                        Debug.Print("Failed to perform I2C transaction");
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        Debug.Print("Register value: " + RegisterValue[0].ToString());
                    }
                }
                catch
                {
                    Debug.Print("EXCEPTION  "  );
                }

}
    }
}

Notice I'm trying to setup it wrong, I2CDevice.Configuration(0x38, 400); ..but the output:

Trying addr: 56------------------------------------
Register value: 0
The thread '<No Name>' (0x1) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Done.

Ok, Trying the 0x40 (64)

Trying addr: 64------------------------------------
Done.

and here comes the fun...I unplug the a4 and a5 and ..

First time I try: -It should say it failed as it does, so I guess this is right -

Failed to perform I2C transaction
Done.

Ok ..now let's try again -nothing is plugged-

The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Done.

How's this possible? first it reads something for an non present address, second time it reads from the 0x40, when it's unplugged it says it failed as expected the first time, but the second time says it was fine... I'm totally confused

Any idea on this? Thank you very much in advance

#61089 Adafruit 16-channel 12-bit pwm/servo shield

Posted by w3n on 29 December 2014 - 01:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi guys,

This is my very first project and I'm trying to make work this shield http://www.adafruit.com/product/1411 with my netduino plus 1 for almost 3 days with not success. I followed all the instructions at the adafruit page on soldering, and so on, but netduino 1 SCL and SDA ports are missing so I need to use the analogic pins4 and 5.

I made the red led to turn on, feeding the shield with the 5v output from the netduino, added an extra 5v by the V+, so green and red leds are turned on.

I tried to plug the analogic pins 4-5 to the SDA & SCL shield pins, even feeding the line with 3v, but no way to get anyresponse from the device when I try to write or read from the device, for example when I try to read the register MODE1, allways returns 0, no matter what I do, no matter what I write, randomly sometimes writes 2bytes others writes 1byte.. I'm totally lost and confused, so any help/advice/direction  will be wellcome.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.