Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Marijn Eken's Content

There have been 4 items by Marijn Eken (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#658 Firmware update failed

Posted by Marijn Eken on 17 August 2010 - 02:28 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I got it all up and running again with the instruction in the link above. I did have to resort to Windows XP 32-bit to get the Atmel SAM-BA drivers to install. They won't install on 64-bit Windows XP. This time, the updating of the firmware was quick and smooth. Still not sure why this went wrong the first time.

#651 Steps to restore an Erased Netduino

Posted by Marijn Eken on 17 August 2010 - 12:29 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

4. Plug in your Netduino's usb cable back into your pc. At this point for me, windows vista searched automatically for a driver and found the right one for a virtual serial port. If yours does not do this, you may need to point to the driver file in the Program Files > Atmel SAM-BA > Drivers directory.

Could it be that Atmel has no drivers for Windows XP 64-bit? Or any 64-bit OS for that matter?
Because when I try to manually point it to that directory, Windows XP 64-bit says that it "couldn't find the necessary software. make sure that the driver works with x64-based systems."
Is there any other driver I could install maybe? Because, it sounds like the COM port over USB could be something generic.

#648 Firmware update failed

Posted by Marijn Eken on 17 August 2010 - 11:33 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

A closer look at some posts in the forum revealed this one: http://forums.netdui...rased-netduino/ I guess that's maybe something I should try? It's not exactly "erased" (as far as I know), but it's not working either. At least this seems a good option when you've totally screwed up. :-)

#647 Firmware update failed

Posted by Marijn Eken on 17 August 2010 - 10:46 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, I just got my Netduino yesterday. I decided to update the firmware (to 4.1.0.2) to take advantage of the fix for the glitch filter. I did everything according to the instructions, but the MFDeploy application sat there with a progress bar not moving for 15 minutes, "waiting for boot loader" (or something along those lines). The blue light on my Netduino turned off, but nothing else happened during those 15 minutes. I decided to press "cancel" on the dialog box. That essentially hung MFDeploy. After a while I decided to unplug the Netduino. Ever since then, when I plug the Netduino in via USB, Windows reports that the USB device has "malfunctioned". What steps do I need to take to get my Netduino up and running again? I already downloaded the TinyBooterDecompressor.bin file, but don't know what to do with it. Also, not being able to communicate over USB with the Netduino may make things a bit difficult... Anxiously awaiting your reply.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.