Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

FourT2's Content

There have been 23 items by FourT2 (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64986 Teaser for upcoming news at MBN

Posted by FourT2 on 09 March 2016 - 10:04 AM in Project Showcase

Neat!

#64710 Netduino Projects on Hackster

Posted by FourT2 on 03 January 2016 - 09:34 AM in General Discussion

Apparently, starting a platform channel for Netduino made me an admin / owner for that channel on Hackster.io. Not what I intended. 

Chris, can you please PM me with some contact info I can use to make you the official admin for it? I am happy to contribute and curate the channel if you are comfortable with the idea, and that decision has to come from you. 

#64698 Netduino 3 WiFi - no WiFi connection, no IP?

Posted by FourT2 on 29 December 2015 - 10:53 PM in Netduino 3

Nice!

I didn't have to add any delays on mine, it just works using the code I posted earlier. Takes a few seconds but not as long as 10 seconds to get an IP.

#64674 Netduino 3 WiFi - no WiFi connection, no IP?

Posted by FourT2 on 27 December 2015 - 02:52 AM in Netduino 3

I had some issues getting my ND3 connected to WiFi (light never turned green), but that was due to my connection settings in MFDeploy. Once that got resolved and the status light turned green things were fine. 

My code looks something like this: 

public static void Main()
        {
            // Wait for network connection and DHCP
            while (IPAddress.GetDefaultLocalAddress() == IPAddress.Any)
                Thread.Sleep(10);

while (true)
            {
                // do your thing here ...

Thread.Sleep(1000);
            }
        }

Sounds like you are attaching to the access point just fine. So maybe try resetting / reflashing the board? 

#64670 Forum was away from home for a while-- what happened?

Posted by FourT2 on 26 December 2015 - 09:34 PM in General Discussion

I agree with TechnoGuy, it would be useful if more people could assist with the forums / site tech issues. I'd be happy to help if I can.

As far as source code for Netduino, the code is here: http://www.netduino.com/downloads/But yeah it would be cool if there was a github project that we could contribute to. Maybe there is one, but I did a quick search and did not find it.

#64665 Netduino 3 Wi-Fi Firmware v4.3.2 (update 2)

Posted by FourT2 on 26 December 2015 - 09:47 AM in Netduino 3

Hey Guys,

When I attempt to check the version in MFDeploy

using Device Capabilities just gives me back "Not Supported"

I have a funny feeling that I've either bricked the duino or the USB drivers are not correctly installed on my Windows 10 Laptop 

As when trying to debug a simple application  also get a Unable to communicate with device USB:Netduino in Visual Studio 2015

Anyone have any suggestions on what i can try to fix this?

Adam

I noticed that sometimes it takes 2-3 tries for Device Capabilities to provide data. Did you retry?

Also, is your Netduino listed in Device Manager? 

#64664 Netduino Projects on Hackster

Posted by FourT2 on 26 December 2015 - 09:37 AM in General Discussion

Is anyone on this forum also a member of Hackster.io? I did not see any Netduino projects published, and there was no Netduino platform / channel, so I requested to create one: https://www.hackster.io/netduino

The community has a lot of great info on other platforms (Arduino, Galileo, Raspberry Pi, etc..) that we can learn from and leverage in our Netduino projects. 

Get your projects published / tagged! 

#64661 Variations on a theme of ButtonApp (Mini)

Posted by FourT2 on 26 December 2015 - 06:54 AM in Netduino Mini

Cool! I have to check out this button, will add it for my next order from SparkFun. Thanks for sharing!

#64660 Forum was away from home for a while-- what happened?

Posted by FourT2 on 26 December 2015 - 06:52 AM in General Discussion

I was wondering the same thing. I was worried that Netduino is going away for good.

#64631 Netduino dead?

Posted by FourT2 on 10 December 2015 - 06:55 AM in General Discussion

Like you, I find the lack of activity on these forums concerning.... I hope Netduino is not dead, I really like the platform!

#64582 Netduino Plus 2 not responding

Posted by FourT2 on 01 December 2015 - 05:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

When you plug in USB cable, does your Netduino appear in PC's Device Manager (under USB Controllers)? Maybe you need to install drivers as instructed in this thread? http://forums.netdui...v432-update-1/ 

#64576 Updated Mini to 4.2, unable to connect or deploy projects

Posted by FourT2 on 28 November 2015 - 07:48 AM in Netduino Mini

Ok, just tried this and it appeared to work:

Downloaded and used this version of MFDeploy (rather than installed 4.3 version): http://forums.netdui...b-and-com1com2/and selected COM2. 

Keyspan 232 adapter is known as COM3 to the system

In VS 2015, Deployment transport: Serial, COM3.

Looking for a device on transport 'Serial'
Found device port 'Serial' with ID '9743cc25-f2d4-4cfd-bdb8-75a7b0b6f104' for transport 'Serial'
Starting device deployment...
Attempting to connect to device 'Serial:COM3' Iteration 0
Opening port \\.\COM3
Attaching debugger engine...
... debugger engine attached!
Querying device assemblies...
Found Assembly mscorlib 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Native 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly System.IO 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM 4.2.0.1
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics 4.2.0.0
Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.IO 4.2.0.0
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\secretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduinomini.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file d:\users\andrew\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\NetduinoMiniApplication2\NetduinoMiniApplication2\bin\Debug\le\NetduinoMiniApplication2.pe to deployment bundle
Adding pe file C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2\le\secretlabs.netmf.hardware.pe to deployment bundle
Attempting deployment...
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 1424 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.

I am not 100% sure why this worked. I was selecting deployment model in VS the same way before, and it was not able to find my device on COM3 (that Keyspan adapter was attached to). 

#64575 Updated Mini to 4.2, unable to connect or deploy projects

Posted by FourT2 on 28 November 2015 - 07:38 AM in Netduino Mini

Even though PuTTY just sits at a blank screen and ignores Esc key presses, if I leave the session open and power cycle the board, the following is dumped to console:

.NetMF v4.2.0.0
NetduinoMini, Build Date:
        Sep 19 2012 19:40:47
ARM Compiler version 410894

TinyCLR (Build 4.2.0.0)

Starting...
Created EE.
Started Hardware.
MSdbgV1?V???Create TS.
 Loading start at 13ed64, end 154648
   Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)
                                  Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)
                                                                              Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
                                                                                                                            Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)
                                                                                                                                                                                     Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)
                                         Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)
                                                                         Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)
                                                                                                                           Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)
                                                                                                                                                                              Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.IO (4.2.0.0)
                                 Loading Deployment Assemblies.
Resolving.
Ready.
Cannot find any entrypoint!
Done.
MSdbgV1?;       Waiting for debug commands...

#64574 Updated Mini to 4.2, unable to connect or deploy projects

Posted by FourT2 on 28 November 2015 - 07:14 AM in Netduino Mini

I was able to connect my Mini using Keyspan 19HS USB to RS232 adapter using the following configuration:

RX to ND pin1, TX to ND pin2, GND to ND pin 4, 5V to ND pin 12, and GND to ND pin 13.

Updated bootloader and flashed to 4.2 using SAM-BA 2.12.

But I am not able to connect to mini via PuTTY. It just sits at the blank screen and does not respond to Esc key.

(115200, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, no parity, no flow control) 

Trying to deploy using VS 2015 shows this error: 

Opening port \\.\COM3
Port \\.\COM3 not found!

I've restarted the device a few times, and get same results.

MFDeploy can connect to device using Serial and shows device capabilities and device info:

HalSystemInfo.halVersion:               4.2.0.0
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo:            Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC
HalSystemInfo.oemCode:                  34
HalSystemInfo.modelCode:                177
HalSystemInfo.skuCode:                  4098
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber:       00000000000000000000000000000000
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber:       0000000000000000
ClrInfo.clrVersion:                     4.2.0.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo:                  Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion:         4.2.0.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.2.0.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate:              Sep 19 2012
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:        410894
FloatingPoint:                          True
SourceLevelDebugging:                   True
ThreadCreateEx:                         True
LCD.Width:                              0
LCD.Height:                             0
LCD.BitsPerPixel:                       0
AppDomains:                             True
ExceptionFilters:                       True
IncrementalDeployment:                  True
SoftReboot:                             True
Profiling:                              False
ProfilingAllocations:                   False
ProfilingCalls:                         False
IsUnknown:                              False
DeviceInfo:
  HAL build info: 4.2.0.0, Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC
  OEM Product codes (vendor, model, SKU): 34, 177, 4098
  Serial Numbers (module, system):
  Solution Build Info: 4.2.0.0, Netduino Mini (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC
  AppDomains:
    default, id=1
  Assemblies:
    mscorlib,4.2.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Native,4.2.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware,4.2.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort,4.2.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.IO,4.2.0.0
    System.IO,4.2.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM,4.2.0.1
    SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics,4.2.0.0
    SecretLabs.NETMF.IO,4.2.0.0

I feel that I am getting close but not sure what else I am missing :-). Any ideas on how to proceed from this point?

#64568 No response from device

Posted by FourT2 on 26 November 2015 - 06:00 AM in Netduino Mini

BTW, Beastyboy pointed to archived versions of the wiki on another thread. Here are the relevant links:

https://web.archive....p-Netduino-Mini

https://web.archive....ep-by-step.ashx

#64565 Upgrading Bootloader to 4.2

Posted by FourT2 on 25 November 2015 - 06:54 AM in Netduino Mini

I finally received my RS232 cable and since I also ordered a socket to put the Mini into I had to wait another day to test it all.  

I was able to hook up the cable to the chip using some jumper wires off the necessary pins, power the chip with a 5v supply and flash the bootloader.  I was then able to load the 4.2.0.1 release using MFDeploy.  I opted for the RS232 loader since I now have a cable that I can use and also am going to hook up a GPS to the device (which will use the TTL port).

I have attached an image of the hookup in case anyone needs a reference.

Thanks!

Roy 

Hi Roy, 

do you recall the steps required to update your mini? The wiki is currently down. 

thanks!

#64564 No response from device

Posted by FourT2 on 25 November 2015 - 06:50 AM in Netduino Mini

I am in the same boat. Would love to update my Mini. Reviewing info in this thread but need the rest of the steps to complete the update. http://forums.netdui...otloader-to-42/

Any pointers would be appreciated!

#63554 Project Boxes for Netduino?

Posted by FourT2 on 16 July 2015 - 04:24 AM in General Discussion

This one is a retired product, but it worked pretty well for my Arduino with a shield and LCD. 

https://www.sparkfun...s/retired/11797

I'll look into duinocases for my next project, they look sweet!

#63505 Getting started with Netduino Mini (early instructions)

Posted by FourT2 on 14 July 2015 - 12:10 AM in Netduino Mini

Thanks guys! Yeah I have one of the Prolific adapters and I spent about an hour messing with the drivers before deciding to give up on it. Keyspan it is then.

#63479 Getting started with Netduino Mini (early instructions)

Posted by FourT2 on 13 July 2015 - 07:14 AM in Netduino Mini

This may be a noob question, but is there any reason to get the USB to RS232 Keyspan adapter vs cheaper options like these?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e94234865

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2354b31764

#63478 Getting started with Netduino Mini (early instructions)

Posted by FourT2 on 13 July 2015 - 06:51 AM in Netduino Mini

Well yes. When uploading fresh firmware to the little guy, the user needs to connect to the RS232 points at RS232 levels. The FTDI breakout produces TTL: or CMOS compatible output levels. So you'd need USB to RS232 adapter to do that. I normally use one for the Basic Stamp gang to make it work since its within four solar diameters of the specifications in the FTDI datasheet for just such a design. It also expects 5v at the positive voltage connection when working. The TTL management connections are fine for sending it the firmware for TTL stuff although you might need to do the same thing as you just did for the regular fresh firmware for it.

I expect Chris will chime in with appropriate things as soon as he's around.

Thanks Dr. Who. I looked in another thread and it seems that I need one of these adapters: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0000VYJRY

Since I've erased my ND Mini, I need to get the bootloader flashed using 232 connection via SAM-BA....makes sense now. 

#63469 Getting started with Netduino Mini (early instructions)

Posted by FourT2 on 13 July 2015 - 12:26 AM in Netduino Mini

After several months, trying this again :-). Reset my mini by applying 5v to the gold erase pad, attempted to connect via SAM-BA and it says "no valid processor found". 

I am connecting via FTDI breakout USB cable in 3.3V mode:

- ground to pin 23

- 3.3V to pin 21

- RXD from breakout board to pin 11

- TDX from breakout board to pin 12

Any thoughts?

#63454 What is the latest firmware version for Netduino 1

Posted by FourT2 on 11 July 2015 - 06:43 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks for the info Chris. I recently rebuilt my dev machine and will need to re-setup my Netduino setup. I am also running VS2013 and VS2015 like Dr. Who.

And I would love to see 4.3 being supported on ND1, I have a couple of them.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.