Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Wayne Brush's Content

There have been 7 items by Wayne Brush (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58594 Netduino 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by Wayne Brush on 06 June 2014 - 12:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I got it to work. The USB driver that comes with the STDFU program, apparently, doesn't work with Windows 64 bit. I found a reference to a new USB driver in one of the other forums and got it to work (as well as ran on a 32 bit machine for awhile).

It might be good to add an area on the download page for the various tools and their associated drivers. That would have helped solve my issue much faster.

#58576 Trouble Accessing Netduino 2 in Bootloader Mode

Posted by Wayne Brush on 05 June 2014 - 06:55 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Ok, More information on this topic. It appears that the ST Micro USB driver doesn't work on 64 bit machines. I was able to try the various unbricking procedures on a 32 bit machine. They worked perfectly (except for a versioning issue which I get to work on next). However, the ST Micro driver still will not load on the 2 64 bit machines I have access to.

#58571 Watchdog Implementation

Posted by Wayne Brush on 05 June 2014 - 03:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I have been doing embedded HW and SW systems for over 25 years. This is my first C# project. Having done wdogs in every product in C, I must say that I'm not overly impressed by C# (maybe it would be different if I truly knew C# the way I know C). Anyway, back to the problem.

Can anyone from Secret Labs comment on the possibility of implementing the internal watchdog timers in a future release?

#58568 Trouble Accessing Netduino 2 in Bootloader Mode

Posted by Wayne Brush on 05 June 2014 - 12:48 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. When I plug the netduino 2 into the USB cable, it shows up in the device manager. However, if I press the button (trying to access bootloader) while plugging it in, I hear the PC make the successful connection sound but it doesn't appear in the device manager. I have 4 boards that are bricked until I can figure this out. Any suggestions?

#58567 Watchdog Implementation

Posted by Wayne Brush on 05 June 2014 - 12:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

So it is not possible to access the MCU registers and configure the internal watchdog as part of my application? I'm new to .NET programming but that seems like a waste of resources as well as an extra cost for the external watchdog hardware.

#58554 Watchdog Implementation

Posted by Wayne Brush on 04 June 2014 - 06:24 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm looking at implementing the watchdog timer in the Netduino 2. What would be the best way to do that? I need it to time out after some time and pull the MCU reset line.

#58551 Netduino 2 Firmware v4.2.2 (update 2)

Posted by Wayne Brush on 04 June 2014 - 04:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I am having trouble connecting to the Netduino 2 boards. I have tried MFDeploy and STDFU Tester. with STDFU Tester, I have tried with and without pressing the button. It doesn't show any options in the Devices pull-down.

Is there something else I need to do?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.