Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

lor3's Content

There have been 12 items by lor3 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39744 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 20 November 2012 - 04:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

OK all is working well... a slightly unrelated question; is Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.UsbClient supported by the Netduino+ 4.2 firmware (or standard Netduino)? I'm getting an UnsupportedException from the UsbController constructor so I'm guessing not?

#39732 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 20 November 2012 - 01:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The first time you run the app, press the button to change the transport. Then once it reboots, erase the current app (using the new transport port) and you'll be good to go.

Fantastic, works like a charm. I've tried with COM1 and COM2 and both work fine so the reset IRQ doesn't appear to be a problem. The only thing I did notice is that MFDeploy doesn't work via serial (Ping/Erase) but VS can deploy and debug fine.

Thanks for your help Chris.

#39673 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 20 November 2012 - 12:01 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Can you try using COM2 for debug really quickly, instead of COM1?

Just tried with COM2, exactly the same (reset on boot).

#39663 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 19 November 2012 - 10:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Does that get you connected alright?

Well it helps if the test program doesn't use the COM :-) I've managed to get a response in MFDeploy via serial but it just seems to be resetting constantly. This is the serial output:

DM9161_AutoNegotiate
Valid PHY Found: 31
PHY: Vendor Number Model = 0xA
PHY: Model Revision Number = 0x0
DM9161_DSCSR = 0xF3F0
DM9161_BMCR = 0x3100
DM9161_DSCR = 0x414
Error: AutoNegotiate TimeOut
PHY AutoNegotiate ERROR!
ip address from interface info: 192.168.5.100
.NetMF v4.2.0.0
NetduinoPlus, Build Date:
        Sep 19 2012 17:01:50
ARM Compiler version 410894

TinyCLR (Build 4.2.0.0)

Starting...
Created EE.
Started HasÀ0¼qðCreate TS.
 Loading start at 1542e0, end 16c5dc
   Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)
   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)
   Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)
Loading Deployment Assemblies.
Attaching deployed file.
   Assembly: NetduinoApplication1 (1.0.0.0)
Attaching deployed file.
   Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus (4.2.0.1)
Resolving.
Ready.

Then reset. The code is just:

Transport.SetInterface(TransportInterface.Com1);
Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

#39652 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 19 November 2012 - 08:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Can you try adding SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.dll as a reference to your project? And then running the following line of code (deployed via WinUSB)?

SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics.Transport.SetInterface(TransportInterface.Com1);
Chris

Done this, the N+ now has the ethernet lights and the blue LED flashing every 5 seconds and the USB device isn't recognised. I'm using a 3.3V TTL <-> Usb cable plugged into D3/4 (and ground), tried swapping the two around in case I had RX/TX the wrong way around but am unable to ping with MfDeploy either way.

#39645 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 19 November 2012 - 06:47 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris, But the MFDeploy that comes with the SDK doesn't have the Deployment Transport in the configuration menu as far as I can see. Am I missing something obvious? I'm wanting do deploy via COM by the way (using netmf 4.2).

#39637 How to deploy over COM

Posted by lor3 on 19 November 2012 - 05:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Is there an updated MFDeploy+ that uses the new WinUsb drivers? I would just use the NetMF ones but they don't seem to work on Windows 8!

#35892 4.2.0.x device not responding

Posted by lor3 on 24 September 2012 - 02:21 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

My Netduino Plus is working fine so whatever the problem is it's specific to the basic Netduino.

#35886 4.2.0.x device not responding

Posted by lor3 on 24 September 2012 - 11:31 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm also have a lot of issues with 4.2 (I think RC6 was fine). Tried reinstalling everything, have reflashed device firmware (bootloader up) and still have the "Resetting device..." VS message. Also tried using the MFUSB drivers which causes BSOD on my machine (Win7 64-bit). Going to try 4.2 on my Plus device now - it seems a shame to have to revert to 4.1 and miss out on the nice new features.

#27237 STM 8 and STM32

Posted by lor3 on 14 April 2012 - 11:18 AM in Netduino Go

Is there any documentation on the go!bus protocol? Is the [beta?] source for the STM8s available anywhere? Looking forward to hacking away at my Go that came this morning.

#24869 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by lor3 on 29 February 2012 - 07:02 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Just to add to the SD card woes (with n+/rc4)... Using a Sandisk 4Gb (FAT) it seems on the device you can read/write the card as normal, except it won't read files/directories created on a PC and the PC won't see files/directories created on the netduino. As far as I can tell the two contents co-exist happily, will do more investigation tomorrow. In the meantime I've ordered some 2Gb cards but as people have said these are now quite rare (and getting more expensive). Just to update on this, I've been looking at the FS and it seems like the netduino is reading the sector size as 2048 rather than 512, putting the FAT/Rootdir at giant offsets (so not visible to Windows/Linux mounting the FS) and spreading content all over the disk. I'll have a go at locating the issue later, don't have the netduino build environment set up yet.

#24517 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by lor3 on 21 February 2012 - 02:49 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Is there a public repository for the 4.2 source code? Also in the 4.1 source the source for the Secretlabs.* managed assemblies appears to be missing? I'm quite interested in rolling my own Firmware to add some additional features (watchdog, crypt features, firmware readback protection) - is there any guides on how to perform this ? Thanks.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.