Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

M.S. Lindy's Content

There have been 2 items by M.S. Lindy (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#56127 Need advices on choosing MCU boards: NP2 or Olimex STM32-E407?

Posted by M.S. Lindy on 16 February 2014 - 04:47 PM in General Discussion

@Cuno and @Nevyn: I didn't put enough information in this post. My fault. My plan is building a web server at the upper layer. But I don't see ethernet and micro SD on Discovery board. I'd rather avoid extra wiring for such devices due to the lack of EE knowledge :(

@Nevyn: Is CooCox IDE cross platform? I saw this on their website: 

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;]System requirements:[/color]
  • Windows XP SP3/Windows Vista/Windows 7

#56115 Need advices on choosing MCU boards: NP2 or Olimex STM32-E407?

Posted by M.S. Lindy on 16 February 2014 - 09:13 AM in General Discussion

This is actually a followup question of the MCU board selection on Quora

Simply, I need a MCU board to practice system level programming from the bottom driver layer to the application layer of the software stack. I've found Netduino Plus 2 and Olimex STM32-E407.

I plan to use C/C++ to program the board by reading manuals. By searching the forum, looks like NP2 is capable of the native code programming, though I am not sure how to program it, or one more step, to debug it. I have a limited budget >$100, and don't have much EE knowledge for wiring, breadboard, resistor/transistor stuff.. so a cheap and simple MCU board is what I need. My practice plan is writing full stack software to build a webserver at the top layer. so ethernet and (better) micro SD are needed.

The Olimex one is expensive, and needs a separate programmer (and a debugger for sure)! I am not sure how about the NP2. Any one have experiences or ideas? 

Oh, it is better to be able to develop the C/C++ based program for such board on Linux or at least UNIX-like platform.

I'd really appreciate your advice!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.