Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Sulzi's Content

There have been 6 items by Sulzi (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59175 Communication between multiple minis

Posted by Sulzi on 12 July 2014 - 06:31 AM in Netduino Mini

In lack of any better suggestions I have implemented a solution with a TTL multiplexer in the master. This allows to implement a polling mechanism where the master can quiz the slaves. Of course there has to be an adequate amount of sanity checking in case the slaves do not behave as expected (timeouts, etc.).

If time allows, I will give CAN bus a try (requires additional hardware that is somewhat expensive).

#59174 Netduino Mini 4.2.0.1 Reset Pin

Posted by Sulzi on 12 July 2014 - 06:24 AM in Netduino Mini

Great Suggestion! Still not as pretty as if the reset pin would actually work though ;-)

#59048 Netduino Mini 4.2.0.1 Reset Pin

Posted by Sulzi on 06 July 2014 - 05:20 PM in Netduino Mini

Dear All,

I have just purchased 10 Minis for a new project. I have flashed them to 4.2.0.1. Is it true that the reset pin is not working in 4.2.0.1? I don't have the option to reset the mini with the gold pad every time it hangs and refuses to deploy via VS (that happens sometimes). The mini is part of a complex assembly where the gold pad is simply not accessible. What should I do? Is the only option to revert back to 4.1?

Thanks for any suggestions!!

#58934 Communication between multiple minis

Posted by Sulzi on 28 June 2014 - 01:36 PM in Netduino Mini

Dear All,
I have completed several projects with the mini and the netduino plus. I am now tackling a project with 8-9 minis and a PC. The minis need to report data to the PC. I would like to connect the minis by means of a bus like i2c, spi, can, or similar (minimal wiring). The amount of data transmitted is small (few bytes); the frequency is only 2Hz. The distance between devices is about 1 ft (30 cm). The environment is somewhat noisy (electric motors are 2 feet away).
Which bus is most suitable for bi-directional communication among minis.
Thanks for your suggestions!

#56857 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Sulzi on 16 March 2014 - 09:28 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Thanks!

#56856 NP2, 4.3.1 and OneWire

Posted by Sulzi on 16 March 2014 - 09:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Love my Netduinos and the new 4.3.1 with VS2012!
I am developing an app with a com port,several digital and analog inputs and with two DS18B20 temp sensors that are connected via OneWire. The app works, communications work but I have a weird issue with OneWire. I can read temperatures from the sensors by addressing them directly. When I use OneWire.FindAllDevices to query for devices, then all hell brakes out. The call itself works and returns the serial numbers of the sensors. after the call has been completed, my serial port stops working and I always have to reboot to redeploy. I have seen another post in the forum where 'FindAllDevices' seems to cause trouble. Anyone with similar experience? Any help is appreciated!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.