Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Woodlands-Glen's Content

There have been 15 items by Woodlands-Glen (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55835 What happened to the Bit Shift Operators?

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 03 February 2014 - 04:06 PM in Visual Basic Support

It appears to be something with 4.3.

#55790 What happened to the Bit Shift Operators?

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 01 February 2014 - 07:14 PM in Visual Basic Support

Chris,

I put an issue in on the codeplex site.  Hopefully the bit shift operators will be put back in.

Glen

#55789 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 01 February 2014 - 06:57 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris,

I found the OneWire namespace.  I had to add it in references before I could import it.

Thanks for getting back to me!!!

Glen

#55690 What happened to the Bit Shift Operators?

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM in Visual Basic Support

VB has bit shift capabilities.  Will they be put back in?  I have read in other posts that it is not in 4.2 and VS 2012 and I am using 4.3 experimental with VS2013 and it still isn't there.

Glen

#55673 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 26 January 2014 - 10:52 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris,

Are we still missing One Wire support in 4.3 for the N2+?  I thought that this was supposed to be added in 4.2.

Glen

#54158 opcode Warnings

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 18 November 2013 - 11:49 PM in Visual Basic Support

I read through the original thread but since it wasn't resolved and 2 years had gone by, I hoped that someone would have looked at it by now.  For all I know these are normal compiler warning and can be suppressed somewhere, but I don't know and that is what I need help on.

I develop desktop apps, Windows Store apps, Windows Phone apps and NETMF.  Keeping all of these straight is sometimes a real chore.

#54130 opcode Warnings

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 17 November 2013 - 08:43 PM in Visual Basic Support

Chris,

I would if you point me in the direction of bug submissions.  I don't know how to submit a bug.

Here are some examples:

Message = Message.Substring(0, Message.Length-2)

Causes

opcode 'sub.ovf' -- overflow will not throw exception

EndPosition = Message.Length-1

Cases the same warning

Dim NewMessageArray(EndPosition-StartPosition) as byte

Causes the same warning and

opcode 'add.ovf' -- overflow will not throw exception

For Position = StartPosition to EndPosition

Next

The 'Next' causes opcode 'add.ovf' -- overflow will not throw exception

And there are many more.  They have not causes a problem in execution yet, will all of the warning messaged, it is difficult to see what really needs to be addressed and what may cause problems in the future.

Glen

#54110 opcode Warnings

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 15 November 2013 - 09:43 PM in Visual Basic Support

Can anyone help with these opcode warnings that I get?

I get an opcode 'conv.ovf.i4 for each serial.write statement.

I get an opcode 'conv.ovf.u1.un for the Next statement that is part of a For Next loop

I get an opcode 'add.ovf for the Next statement that is part of a different For Next Loop

The only ill side effect that I see is that the serial.write is dropping the last character in the write buffer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen

#54109 N+ Serial.Write dropping the last byte

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 15 November 2013 - 09:38 PM in Visual Basic Support

One thing that I noticed... 

I get a warning: opcode 'conv.ovf.i4 will not throw exception.

This warning appears for every serial1.write command.

I also get a warning opcode 'add.ovf' overflow will not throw exception on for line that a Next resides on in a For Next loop.

#54108 N+ Serial.Write dropping the last byte

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 15 November 2013 - 09:32 PM in Visual Basic Support

I have a very simple routine that gets the IP address of the Netduino Plus and prints it to the serial port.

LocalIP=Microsoft.SPOT.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces(0).IPAddress

buffer=System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(LocalIP)

Serial1.Write(buffer,0,buffer.length)

The IP address of the Netduino is 192.168.0.31.

The routine above sends 192.168.0.3 with a trailing space.

Running through the routine step by step shows that LocalIP is correct at 192.168.0.31, buffer is correct, is 12 characters long and ends in a decimal 49 (representing the 1) but the one is missing from the actual serial output.

Any ideas?

Glen

#53907 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 08 November 2013 - 09:02 PM in General Discussion

Chris,

What are you hearing from Microsoft about the future of NETMF?  There is very little new on their sites in nearly a year and I have read comments that the project has been moved to China for maintenance only and not development.

I have 2 N+ and 2 N2+ and am working on a major, perhaps commercial project, but I don't want to get too far down the rabbit hole just to have it cave in.

Any insight that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen

#51672 OneWire Support for N+

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 24 July 2013 - 09:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have posted this question on other threads and I wanted to ask it here as well since I really need an answer...

What is the status of OneWire for the N+?  This was brought up in threads nearly a year ago with the answer being that it was coming, but in the year since, I haven't seen anything.

When will this be in place or will this only be implemented on the N2+?

Thanks,

Glen Swanson

#51671 Future Netduino Plus Firmware Updates?

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 24 July 2013 - 09:32 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

What is the status of OneWire support for N+?  It was mentioned over a year ago as coming in 4.2 but nothing since.

Also, would it be possible to have a single page that states the following with the appropriate links by product:

Current Release Firmware

Current Release SDK

Current Beta Firmware

Current Beta SDK

Reading through pages of threads to find current information is a bit cumbersome.

One final question....  How do I actually become approved to post?  I have asked two questions which apparently were not approved by the moderators and never posted and I am STILL in the penalty box and cannot post a message.

Thanks,

Glen Swanson

#51008 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 01 July 2013 - 11:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok, so I have read through 8 months of posts mentioning Firmware version 4.3 coming and various references to "This month".

What is the status of 4.3?  Has there been any update to 1-wire support?  There were a couple of posts about them being related.

Thanks,

Glen

#51000 Unable to set the MAC address after 4.2.2 update 1

Posted by Woodlands-Glen on 01 July 2013 - 10:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Please don't try byronator's suggestion.  After trying it, MF Deploy no longer sees my Netduino.  It shows up in Device Manager, nut not in MFDeploy.  Not really sure what to do now.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.