Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Hachi''s Content

There have been 9 items by Hachi' (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58549 UltraBlue

Posted by Hachi' on 04 June 2014 - 01:35 PM in General Discussion

I'm guessing something ultra-cool.

#56182 XBee & ND+v1

Posted by Hachi' on 18 February 2014 - 09:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You should think about what series you want to buy: Series 1 or Series 2

#56181 Free article: Windows Phone & netduino

Posted by Hachi' on 18 February 2014 - 09:37 PM in General Discussion

Hi,

there is a free article published in a popular german .NET magazine regarding netduino and Windows Phone: http://www.dotnetpro...rticle4787.aspx

Happy reading.

#55683 Windows Phone controlled car with Netduino and Bluetooth

Posted by Hachi' on 27 January 2014 - 02:00 PM in Project Showcase

Looks like fun! :D

#54982 STM32F4 mini

Posted by Hachi' on 29 December 2013 - 12:07 AM in Netduino Mini

Nice!

#53843 Threading with ResetEvent and SerialPort problem

Posted by Hachi' on 06 November 2013 - 06:06 AM in General Discussion

Thanks, for watching through my code.

Normally, Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite) works fine, I never had such problems you described.

#53830 Threading with ResetEvent and SerialPort problem

Posted by Hachi' on 04 November 2013 - 08:20 PM in General Discussion

Hello, I'm interfacing a device via SerialPort. The device will send a response immediately after sending some bytes to the device. Therefore I want a SPI-style WriteRead-Method, which sends some bytes, reading and returning the response-bytes. I'm trying to achive this with the AutoResetEvent class and the DataReceived event. The WriteRead-Method sends some bytes to the device, blocks the call until receiving a response, using AutoResetEvent.WaitOne and AutoResetEvent.Set.
public Byte[] WriteRead(Byte[] bytesToSend){    this.FrameReceived += Device_FrameReceived;    this.Write(bytesToSend); // Send bytes to the device    Boolean signaled = this.autoResetEvent.WaitOne(); // Wait for response (FrameReceived event)    this.FrameReceived -= Device_FrameReceived;    if (signaled)    {        return this.incomingBytes;    }    else    {        return null;    }}
After receiving the bytes, AutoResetEvent.Set is called, to unblock the WriteRead-Method.
private void Device_FrameReceived(Object sender, FrameReceivedEventAgs e){     this.incomingBytes = e.Frame;     this.autoResetEvent.Set();}
The code above works if it's executed before Thread.Sleep is called in the Main-Method. If the code is executed after Thread.Sleep, the code doesn't work. Device_FrameReceived is never called.
public static void Main(){    device = new Device();    device.FrameReceived += device_FrameReceived;     // This will work, because Thread.Sleep isn't called    // Byte[] bytes = device.WriteRead(bytesToSend);    Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);}private static void device_FrameReceived(Object sender, FrameReceivedEventAgs e){    // This won't work, beacause Thread.Sleep is already called    Byte[] bytes = device.WriteRead(bytesToSend);}
I attached a sample application which demonstrates the problem, maybe someone is willing to explain me the problem and how to solve it.

Attached Files

#53813 Visual Studio 2013?

Posted by Hachi' on 04 November 2013 - 06:24 AM in General Discussion

Hi,

via Microsoft's Download Center you are able to download Visual Studio 2012: http://search.micros...Developer Tools

#53804 Threading, ResetEvent and SerialPort problem

Posted by Hachi' on 03 November 2013 - 09:10 PM in General Discussion

Hello,   I have a device which I'm interfacing via Serial Port. The device sends a response immediately after sending some bytes to the device. Therefore I want to have a SPI-style WriteRead-Method, which sends some bytes to the device and returns the response.   I want to use AutoResetEvent.WaitOne to wait until the response is received. Is the response received calling AutoResetEvent.Set should unblock the WriteRead-Method call and returns the response.  
public Byte[] WriteRead(Byte[] bytesToSend){    this.FrameReceived += Device_FrameReceived;    this.Write(bytesToSend);    Boolean signaled = this.autoResetEvent.WaitOne();    this.FrameReceived -= Device_FrameReceived;    if (signaled)    {        return this.incomingBytes;    }    else    {        return null;    }}

private void Device_FrameReceived(Object sender, FrameReceivedEventAgs e){    this.incomingBytes = e.Frame;    this.autoResetEvent.Set();}
  Using the WriteRead-Method before calling Thread.Sleep, in the Main-Method, the mechanism works. Once Thread.Sleep is called, the mechanism won't work anymore. I attached an example application which demonstrate the problem. Maybe someone is willing to explain why the demonstration application don't work, and how to fix the problem. To test the application, some random byte have to be generated on COM1. P.S: It's a netduino Mini Application Projects, since I'm not using any netduino Mini specific code, it should run on any netduino, or not?

Attached Files

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.