Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

KodeDaemon's Content

There have been 10 items by KodeDaemon (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#42302 RF remote for Hunter light/fan?

Posted by KodeDaemon on 27 December 2012 - 10:47 PM in General Discussion

I have toyed with the idea of doing this with mine. Mine use some really basic RF encoders/decoders. The only real issue I ran into was that there was no real way to get any realtime status from the fans without modifying the fans themselves. At that point I would just use an xbee transceiver or wifi to control them. But I never went any further than that with mine due to the lack of time and that my landlord might not like me messing with them like that.

#42276 Netduino Plus 2, SPI not working, .NET Toolbox,

Posted by KodeDaemon on 27 December 2012 - 06:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This is a typical case where a logic analyzer does not help at all, but an oscilloscope does.

The SPI is not buggy: I tested two different small programs right now, and one is the above program. The CS timings are correct, as the SCK and the MOSI signals are.

Instead, the problem is related to the different design choice about the I/Os in the ST: this has been already described by Chris, few posts above. While Atmel (old Netduino) chose for ensuring a pull-up, ST chose for leave an input floating. This time I prefer the Atmel engineers choice, other the Italian-ST solution.

However, leaving an I/O floating leads to an unpredictable behavior when that I/O is connected to an HCMOS input. Let's say that while the Atmel guys offered an internal pull-up, ST team tells that you must provide your own pull-whatever...okay, just viewpoints: it's much like guessing the gender of the angels.

The logic analyzer does not understand half-a-way levels, and shows only boolean states. Since the actual voltage is raising/falling smoothly, the LA (as the chips) reads it as a "delay", but it is not related to any bug.

How to solve it?

The simplest yet best way to solve the problem is...adding a pull-up to *any* I/O that might turn to a floating state. I'd place a 5-10k resistor to +5V (or +3.3V) to SCK, MOSI, MISO, and any CS. That's for HC595 chips.

Note that there's NO a general rule for choosing between a pull-up or a pull-down: it depends on the external logic, and to the desired behavior.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Thank you Mario, this is an excellent explanation of what people are seeing with their logic analyzers.

#39503 Introducing Netduino Plus -- Notes

Posted by KodeDaemon on 16 November 2012 - 09:37 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

With the Netduino Plus V2 is one problem solved, more memory. One to go the serial invert Rx.Tx.
We want to beat the Arduino in every way. We are looking forward when the Netduino V2 is available in the Netherlands.
Ellen.

Hi Ellen,

The alternate function mappings are fixed to specific peripherals and functions for each pin, there isn't a hardware way to invert Rx and Tx. Though, using a custom software library and bypassing the hardware peripheral, you should be able to.

#38880 4.2.0.0 one-wire

Posted by KodeDaemon on 10 November 2012 - 12:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What version is the firmware with native support which I assume will not fit on a first gen Netduino Plus?

The firmware on the Netduino Plus 2 is incompatable with the first gen Netdunio Plus.

#38635 Something new is brewing in the Secret Labs

Posted by KodeDaemon on 06 November 2012 - 07:43 PM in General Discussion

t150l5o5p5o3f#f#>f#f#<al7al5>al14al3>p3l14cp14l7c#l3<bl14>p14l7<abl4a.l7g#l5f#l7c#l3<bl4o5p.l5o3f#f#>f#f#<al7al5>al14al3>p3l7<f#l4e.l7abl3al7>cc#l3<bl14>p14o3f#o5p14l7o3g#l2f#l14o5p14l5o3f#f#>f#f#<al7al5>al14al3>p3l14cp14l7c#l3<bl14>p14l7<abl4a.l7g#l5f#l7c#l3<bl2o5p2l5o3f#f#l7o5cl14c#p14l7<bf#l14>p14l5<f#l7abl5a<aa>g#l3f#l5aac#<bl1o5p1l7<ef#l3el5f#f#l7abl2al5>p5l7cc#l5<bl14al7>p7l2<a

Well played sir!

#36382 Shared COM1 Issues

Posted by KodeDaemon on 01 October 2012 - 07:01 PM in Netduino Mini

Just FYI...if you drive the DTR pin high during powerup, the Mini will go into TinyBooter mode so you can erase your app.

Chris

Wow, maximum basic stamp compatability!

#32372 ShieldBase unhandled exception on new OutputPort()

Posted by KodeDaemon on 20 July 2012 - 04:28 PM in Netduino Go

No problem, glad we could help!

#32364 ShieldBase unhandled exception on new OutputPort()

Posted by KodeDaemon on 20 July 2012 - 03:39 PM in Netduino Go

Hi rcflyair, Have you updated your mainboard firmware to the prerelease version Chris posted last week?

#29310 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by KodeDaemon on 17 May 2012 - 02:20 AM in Netduino Go

It looks like those last bytes are not getting written based on the information you guys have provided. I'll setup a test case here to repro and track down the issue.

#28719 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by KodeDaemon on 09 May 2012 - 02:47 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi not4now, The math library I wrote was never included in the official firmware releases. I will have to port the library to the 4.2.0 RC4 release for this to work for you.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.