Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

A.Ward's Content

There have been 5 items by A.Ward (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20804 Issue connecting via Ethernet

Posted by A.Ward on 21 November 2011 - 01:25 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Nevermind. I figured it out. Quit embarrassing that I didn't catch this before I even started posting, but one of the digits on the gateway address had been changed at some point:( I changed it to the correct IP and everything works great now. Time to have some fun!!!

#20802 Issue connecting via Ethernet

Posted by A.Ward on 21 November 2011 - 01:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

I've ran several captures but the netduino never shows up in the list.

Here is the full exception message:

new message: voltage,2.33
time: 01/01/2009 00:09:44
memory available: 20304
#### Exception System.Net.Sockets.SocketException - CLR_E_FAIL (1) ####
#### Message:
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Net.SocketNative::getaddrinfo [IP: 0000] ####
#### System.Net.Dns::GetHostEntry [IP: 0008] ####
#### System.Net.HttpWebRequest::EstablishConnection [IP: 00e1] ####
#### System.Net.HttpWebRequest::SubmitRequest [IP: 0013] ####
#### System.Net.HttpWebRequest::GetRequestStream [IP: 0008] ####
#### Gsiot.PachubeClient.PachubeClient::CreateRequest [IP: 003e] ####
#### Gsiot.PachubeClient.PachubeClient::Send [IP: 0025] ####
#### HelloPachube.Program::Main [IP: 0065] ####
#### SocketException ErrorCode = 10060
#### Exception System.Net.WebException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message: host not available
#### System.Net.HttpWebRequest::EstablishConnection [IP: 00f1] ####
#### System.Net.HttpWebRequest::SubmitRequest [IP: 0013] ####
#### System.Net.HttpWebRequest::GetRequestStream [IP: 0008] ####
#### Gsiot.PachubeClient.PachubeClient::CreateRequest [IP: 003e] ####
#### Gsiot.PachubeClient.PachubeClient::Send [IP: 0025] ####
#### HelloPachube.Program::Main [IP: 0065] ####
System.Net.WebException: host not available
sleep for 1887 ms

new message: voltage,0.13
time: 01/01/2009 00:10:16
memory available: 20304

EDIT: When I unplug the netduino from my router and plug it into a different port I get this:

DM9161_AutoNegotiate
Valid PHY Found: 31
PHY: Vendor Number Model = 0xA
PHY: Model Revision Number = 0x0
AutoNegotiate complete

EDIT2: If you saw this second edit, nevermind. That was my wife's phone:-)

EDIT3: It doesn't appear that my router is seeing the netduino when I plug it in. I went into my DHCP client table in my router and I see everything on my network except for the netduino

#20674 Issue connecting via Ethernet

Posted by A.Ward on 16 November 2011 - 12:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris, I was running DHCP. I just tried a static IP but it didn't seem to make any difference. I just installed Wireshark. I haven't used anything like it before and I'm not heavy on networking so it'll going to take me a bit to learn about it.

#20627 Issue connecting via Ethernet

Posted by A.Ward on 14 November 2011 - 11:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for the quick reply Chris! BTW, this is Alex from TR:) I'm currently running MF 4.1.

#20550 Issue connecting via Ethernet

Posted by A.Ward on 13 November 2011 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm pretty psyched to say that I've recently picked up the netduino plus. I'm using the GSIOT book (good stuff btw!) and already have about 20 projects I want to build:) I ran into an issue with connectivity to pachube (chapter 6 - Hello Pachube) that I was hoping to get some help with. I keep getting the dreaded "System.Net.Sockets.SocketException" exception. Reading through the forums I found a couple of workarounds but they don't solve the issue. Sometimes I can get it to connect if I simply unplug the Ethernet cable then plug it back in, other times it won't. Sometimes I have to go as far as rebooting my router, but even that doesn't work 100% of the time. Is there perhaps something I'm not doing that I should to ensure more reliable connectivity or is this an issue that's being addressed in a future update?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.