Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Dracarnion's Content

There have been 11 items by Dracarnion (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57790 Using a 32-channel Servo Controller via a Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 27 April 2014 - 07:03 PM in Netduino Go

Still waiting.  Almost a month later.

#57466 Farewell Netduino GO

Posted by Dracarnion on 10 April 2014 - 11:55 PM in Netduino Go

I wish they would at least accept a trade in for those that invested in the GO.  I'm with you.  i thought getting the GO would be the cutting edge of Netduino products, but it looks like their sites are set on working on other products.  Disappointing.  

#57345 Using a 32-channel Servo Controller via a Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 05 April 2014 - 12:59 AM in Netduino Go

Well I guess there's not much support for the go anymore.  Maybe I should take my project in another direction.

#57222 Using a 32-channel Servo Controller via a Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 30 March 2014 - 12:30 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks. What would I use to access and send commands to the component in code?

:wub:

#57210 Using a 32-channel Servo Controller via a Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 29 March 2014 - 03:49 PM in Netduino Go

I bought a hexapod kit and 32 channel servo controller for the servos.

My goal is to use the netduino go with the servo controller via the shield base and send commands to the servos through the go.  Is this something that is compatible with the netduino go or is there something that would be easier to work with for my purposes?  I don't mind buying something better if it's easier to use.  

How would I go about working with something like this through the go code?  I'm guessing an OutputPort object?

Thanks very much for your help and keep up the great work on the go!

#56984 Can't flash Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 22 March 2014 - 01:18 AM in Netduino Go

I was able to resolve this by updating my netduino to 4.2.2 and flashing the shield base firmware with the latest beta and I can now initialize my shield base.

Thanks

#56929 Can't flash Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 19 March 2014 - 11:01 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks, Chris.

I had tried the old version, as well as the latest beta I found:

http://forums.netdui...1-beta-1/page-2

http://forums.netdui...irmware-beta-7/

I'm on v4.2.1, so I didn't really expect the latest firmware to work.  

Jesse

#56878 Can't flash Shield Base

Posted by Dracarnion on 17 March 2014 - 04:27 PM in Netduino Go

I'm trying to flash the shield base, but I get an error when running the STM32ReflashApp.  At this point, I don't know if I have a dead shield base or what.  This is the line it stops:

_socketLeds[0] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x16, false);  

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

>stack trace:

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::.ctor
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OutputPort::.ctor
NetduinoGo.Utils.STM32Bootloader::Open
STM32ReflashApp.Program::Main

Please assist.

Thank you

#56848 "Error: No response from device"

Posted by Dracarnion on 16 March 2014 - 05:08 PM in Netduino Go

Update:

I'm trying to flash the device using these instructions: 

http://forums.netdui...-firmware-v421/

I'm unable to complete the step where it checks for the version as I get a "not supported" message.  So I'm assuming something wrong somewhere along the way with trying to update the firmware.  

I download 4.2.1 and I'm trying to install it using DFuse Demo. During the process of upgrading the device in boot mode, the program crashes.  I don't know if the assembly code does you any good,  but this is the line where it failed:

0036075A  rep movs    dword ptr es:[edi],dword ptr [esi]  

3/17/2013 edit:

I was able to get my Netduino Go back up to working condition by skipping the verify step when using DFuse Demo.  Now i'm trying to flash the shield base, but I get an error when running the STM32ReflashApp.  At this point, I don't know if I have a dead shield base or what.  This is the line it stops:

_socketLeds[0] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x16, false);  

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

>stack trace:

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Port::.ctor
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OutputPort::.ctor
NetduinoGo.Utils.STM32Bootloader::Open
STM32ReflashApp.Program::Main

#56805 "Error: No response from device"

Posted by Dracarnion on 15 March 2014 - 04:25 AM in Netduino Go

I was initially having issues getting the shield base to work.  My eventual goal is to connect the netduino Go to the shield base, which will attach to a 32 channel servo controller that I will use to control a hexapod robot.  I was trying to update the shield base firmware and the firmware of the go itself, but now I'm getting an error when trying to connect using MFDeploy.exe.  "Error: No response from device"  How can I get this back to working order?  I'd like to install the beta version of the firmware for the shield base: http://forums.netdui...irmware-beta-7/

Any assistance is appreciated.  I'm having trouble finding resources for the netduino go, as most instructions are for netduino plus or arduino, but I figure as long as I can get the shield base to work, I will be able to treat it like a netduino plus.

Thank you

#56791 Will the "Getting Started with Netduino" still apply to Netduino go?

Posted by Dracarnion on 14 March 2014 - 07:01 AM in Netduino Go

Hi - Where is the code for the Netduino Go to attach to the shield base?  I'm trying to attach a 32-channel servo controller to my Netduino Go using the sheild base, but I can't find any resources.  Has the book been updated to included information on this?  

Thank you

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.