Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

YvesGoeleven's Content

There have been 17 items by YvesGoeleven (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58993 New meetup in Brussels

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 03 July 2014 - 05:55 PM in General Discussion

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm starting a new meetup in the area of Brussels, our first meeting will most likely happen on July 17th at the Microsoft offices in Zaventem.

Bring your netduino's, and let's build stuff together.

If interested (and in the neighbourhood), subscribe to our meetup group

www.meetup.com/Microsoft-oriented-IoT-Meetup/

Kind regards,

Yves

#57212 Launching a message processing service for the internet of things

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 29 March 2014 - 07:08 PM in General Discussion

There is a free environment to run experiments in, no worries.

But I left it out of the pricing page on purpose. I needed to know if people would actually sign up for the service even if they had to pay for it.

There is no point in just giving something away if you don't know you can ever turn it into something sustainable.

#56750 RN42 unable to send data

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 11 March 2014 - 07:09 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

After lot's of time wasted, I noticed the problem. I had the wrong baudrate set, so the data sent as gibberish #doh

#56728 Launching a message processing service for the internet of things

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 09 March 2014 - 07:56 PM in General Discussion

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that I've launched a preview of messagehandler.net, which is a message processing service specifically designed for the internet of things.

Check it out, I hope you'll like it.

#56712 RN42 unable to send data

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 08 March 2014 - 07:48 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a bluetooth connection between my Windows Phone and a netduino plus 2 using a RN-42 bluetooth chip (Sparkfun mate silver board).

I have been able to pair the devices as well as send data from the phone to the RN-42. But I'm unable to send data  back, from the RN-42 to the phone.

How do I diagnose what is wrong?

#56701 Netduino & RF transmitter to pair with and control smart electricity socket

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 07 March 2014 - 08:49 PM in Project Showcase

I'm monitoring my chilli seedlings remotely, the netduino is monitoring soil temp and sending the temp info to my phone (remotely). Now I'm adding capability to remotely turn on the illuminescent light. (I don't have a cat).

It's good feedback though that you guys are hesitant to hook devices up to the internet. I'm pretty confident it's safe for telemetry information, maybe commands that change your devices' state may be a bit different, I guess it depends on what you want to turn on/off.

#56682 Netduino & RF transmitter to pair with and control smart electricity socket

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 06 March 2014 - 08:23 PM in Project Showcase

Yes, that crossed my mind

But I won't be using a webserver, from a security & manageability point of view I don't want anyone to call into my devices. Instead I want them to call out, to an internet hosted (and well known) servicebus. Trusted apps can than send messages to that isecured endpoint.

PS: I will be releasing that bus to the public in a few days or weeks as well...

#56603 What does it take to 'go to production'

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 03 March 2014 - 08:00 AM in General Discussion

Yes please!

#56583 Netduino & RF transmitter to pair with and control smart electricity socket

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 02 March 2014 - 09:16 PM in Project Showcase

Not sure if it qualifies as a 'project', but I played around using my Netduino Plus 2 to turn on/off a lamp using an RF transmitter and a smart socket

I bought the following Kit: http://iprototype.be...first-rf434-kit, which consists of a 434Mhz RF transmitter and DIO smart sockets, and ported the arduino code for  the protocol of DIO to netduino.

If I got it right this protocol should be similar or equal for multiple vendors including DIO, KAKU & Home-Easy as they all use the same hardware (signal length may vary though)

The source code for the protocol is available on github

Enjoy turning on/off your lamps or other stuff at home :)

#56582 What does it take to 'go to production'

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 02 March 2014 - 09:08 PM in General Discussion

How do you guys go from prototype to a full product? What are the steps involved? Anyone been through this journey already?

#56277 Netduino Plus 2 freezes

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 22 February 2014 - 03:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm still trying to figure that out, my app does stop sending to the network as well after a while, but it's not necessarily related to the debug 'freeze' I'm seeing, I have the feeling that is a separate concern, related to debugging itself.

#56245 Netduino Plus 2 freezes

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 21 February 2014 - 08:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Netduino Plus 2. After quite some time (more than an hour - several hours), it seems to freeze. It stops writing to Debug.Print, but when I place a breakpoint in VS at that moment it kicks back into action again. (VS is attached all the time)

Any ideas where to get started?

PS: My runtime is 4.3.0.0 Beta1 and using VS 2013

#54812 Unzip library for NetMF

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 21 December 2013 - 03:19 PM in Visual Studio

Hi all,

Anyone knows if there exists an unzip library that works on netmf?

Thanks,

Yves

#53228 Connectivity

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 16 October 2013 - 05:34 PM in Netduino Go

Found it!

It should have been : serialPort = new SerialPort(shieldbase.SerialPorts.COM1, 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);

#53227 Connectivity

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 16 October 2013 - 04:38 PM in Netduino Go

Chris,

I got my cable today (TTL-232R-3V3-WE), but I'm not succeeding in sending data over the wire. Can you help me verify if I'm doing everything correct?

According to the datasheet, http://www.ftdichip....232R_CABLES.pdf, GND is black, TX is Orange and RX is yellow. So I've hooked up Orange to D0 and Yellow to D1 of the ShieldBase

As for code:

In my netduino project I do the following:

var shieldbase = new ShieldBase(GoSockets.Socket7);
 var serialPort = new SerialPort(SerialPorts.COM1, 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
 serialPort.DataReceived += DataReceivedHandler;

var threadWorker = new Thread(DoWork);
 threadWorker.Start();

serialPort.Open();
Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

And on the background thread I'm sending data all the time

var buffer = BitConverter.GetBytes(value);
serialPort.Write(buffer, 0, buffer.Length);
serialPort.Flush();

It's seems to operate (no exceptions at least when running)

On the computer I have a console app running, that listens to the USB COM port, which is on COM5 according to device manager

var port = new SerialPort("COM5", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
port.DataReceived += PortOnDataReceived;
port.Open();

When data is received, the following happens

private static void PortOnDataReceived(object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs serialDataReceivedEventArgs)
{
            var port = (SerialPort) sender;
            var buffer = new byte[4];
            port.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length);

int i = BitConverter.ToInt32(buffer, 0);
            Console.WriteLine(i);
}

The console app also starts fine...

But nothing happens when netduino performs a write, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

PS: I tried switching orange and yellow as well, and tried sending from console to netduino... all with same result, no exceptions but no data exchange either.

Kind regards,
Yves

#53144 Connectivity

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 11 October 2013 - 06:48 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks!

As I'm very new to this a few additional questions (so that I don't do anything stupid)

I assume this cable is the correct one? 3.3V with SIL connector to put on the analog IN?

http://be.mouser.com...y3R5sMdbLgwj41z

Can I still hook up a breadboard to the same shieldbase in this case, or will I need another one for that purpose?

#53141 Connectivity

Posted by YvesGoeleven on 11 October 2013 - 05:45 PM in Netduino Go

Hi,

Last week I bought a netduino go starter kit and got up and running with it pretty quickly. But now I would like my ngo to communicate with the outside world, but there seems to be no simple options to do so. (No ethernet, wifi, usb to pc or anything...)

What are my options?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.