Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Antioch's Content

There have been 4 items by Antioch (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1573 OneWire ALPHA

Posted by Antioch on 31 August 2010 - 06:03 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris, I completely understand your concerns, and I agree. Personally, I would prefer using SecretLabs...Netduino namespace to indicate what the code is for, not whom it is developed by

I agree. Especially if the SecretLabs people will take this code and insert it into the official firmware in which case the code will certainly be "officially" from SecretLabs.

#378 Ethernet Shield from nuelectronics

Posted by Antioch on 13 August 2010 - 10:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Me personally? No features I'm looking for. I have an old Atmel board tossing around somewhere I wrote some simple C code for a few years ago. This netduino looks interesting in that it's built on the .net foundation. I was reading elsewhere about the lack of 1-wire bus support on the netduino, though. This seemed to be due to the use of the .net framework and the inability for it to deliver strict timing delays. I guess you'd need to get the C++ integration you mentioned to get 1-wire support? Either way, the Netduino is an interesting idea - relatively cheap, and looks like it could pack many hours of fun due to the C# ease-of-use factor.

#322 Preview of Mono support

Posted by Antioch on 12 August 2010 - 09:48 PM in Mono

Waiting on this before I grab a Netduino. I prefer developing in Linux. Eagerly waiting, Antioch ;)

#321 Ethernet Shield from nuelectronics

Posted by Antioch on 12 August 2010 - 09:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

This seems to be the biggest problem with Netduino to me. There are currently many, many, many drivers for a plethora of devices out there written in C that can be easily #include'd into an Arduino project (or your own DIY AVR tool-chain). There are probably not many that you can just use in Netduino/C#. Maybe in a few years this will change?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.