mlsomers's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

mlsomers's Content

There have been 5 items by mlsomers (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64798 News from Secret Lab

Posted by mlsomers on 24 January 2016 - 10:41 PM in General Discussion

It´s really sad if the Agent Smart watch would kill the Netduino :(

I have had a lot of fun developing things for it!

I agree, I've tried the a Pi with mono once, but having to boot (and especially neatly shutdown) in order to have it working consistently are disadvantages that the NetDuino's don't have.

Only wish they would get cheaper, I hope the Agent project is not keeping the price of Netduino's up, but it would not surprise me.

I'm still hoping to get a 2nd hand Agent watch when it finally comes out. Can't really afford one without a concrete purpose though.

The thing I really dislike is the stupid suing attitude of backers. Intelligent people should know that lawyers are the only group that will benefit from such actions. Failure is not a crime, and I think the community should rather help Chris to accomplish whatever is possible rather than trying to crush his morale and steal his time with stupid lawsuits. I guess he has probably added more funds to the project than the million originally picked up with crowd funding, and that is the opposite of stealing in my book.

#64797 NetMF Port for the Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield (V1)

Posted by mlsomers on 24 January 2016 - 09:47 PM in General Discussion

Has anyone tried to port the software for this shield:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/81

The C++ libs are on GitHub but I could not find any .Net port.

These shields are being sold with free shipping for a price lower than I could mail a package to my neighbour (2 euros at AliExpress for example).

I have bought a couple, but I'm a little reluctant to start writing a driver before making sure there isn't an existing one out there. I also haven't figured out exactly which pins are used with this design. At first glance it looks like the Digital pins 3 through 12 are in use, but reverse engineering the software might be easier and maybe also safer than trying to understand what's going on (especially with three black-box chips on the PCB).

#64735 Bricked Netduino Plus. Help needed

Posted by mlsomers on 10 January 2016 - 03:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks @Nevyn, I got it up and running again with the help of this blog: http://www.geekality...irmware-update/

#64731 Bricked Netduino Plus. Help needed

Posted by mlsomers on 10 January 2016 - 02:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The provided link (http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx) is broken. I'm also having trouble with Windows 7 not recognising the device any more.

If I boot it with the button pressed I get an "unknown device". booting it normally causes Windows not to see it at all.

In any case I cant get the deployment tool to list it any more...

Installing the driver manually (tried both) gives me "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

Also not selectable in the deployment tool.

help!

#64730 NetMf bug? Assigning an array type (typeof(x[])) to an array entry

Posted by mlsomers on 10 January 2016 - 01:49 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm using a NetDuino Plus, but this also happens in the emulator:

If I do this:

Type myType = typeof(object[]);

it works fine, so I can instantiate a typeof(object[]).

Also assigning a non array type to an array is working:

Type[] myTypes = new Type[] { typeof(object) };

No problem here, but... assign the first example to that array, or:

Type[] myArrayTypes = new Type[] { typeof(object[]) };

and I get:

#### Exception System.Exception - CLR_E_WRONG_TYPE (1) ####
#### Message:

#### ...

Also doing it indirectly gives the same result:

Type myType = typeof(object[]);
Type[] myArrayTypes = new Type[] { myType }; // boem!

I'll find a way to work around this somehow, maybe using the type name instead, but I'm sure this must be a bug in netmf? Or am I missing something?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.