Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Brian Jepson's Content

There have been 8 items by Brian Jepson (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29894 MetaDataProcessor.exe WINE notes

Posted by Brian Jepson on 28 May 2012 - 09:35 PM in Mono

Sorry, I still do not understand what to do with the dll, or the "asm.dll". Is it optional, to include the dll-file, or for what do I need the file?
Can you, or somebody give me an detailed explanation, to solve my problem, please?

Convide,

Do you already have a compiled assembly? In order to use the instructions in this post, you need to have an assembly you've compiled with a C# compiler. The DLL file that you produce from the C# compiler is the compiled assembly (asm.dll). See the other stickied posts the Mono forum (http://forums.netdui.../forum/12-mono/) in particular, http://forums.netdui...duino-on-linux/ and http://forums.netdui...no-on-mac-os-x.

The first of those posts will tell you how to compile your code to an assembly on Linux, the second will tell you how to do it on Mac OS X.

When you have compiled your C# code to an assembly, you'll have a .dll file.

Specify that filename instead of asm.dll when you run MetaDataProcessor.

- Brian

#29587 MetaDataProcessor.exe WINE notes

Posted by Brian Jepson on 23 May 2012 - 01:33 PM in Mono

Where do I get the ASM.dll from and will this problem solve the mmp error?

Please refer to the original post:

replace ASM.dll with the DLL you want to process and ASM.pe with the name of the desired PE output file.

#29586 Setting up a Mono Toolchain for Netduino on Linux

Posted by Brian Jepson on 23 May 2012 - 01:32 PM in Mono

When i install it over terminal, there is no problem.

But another question. With Ubunutu 12.04 64bit i'm not able to install .Net 3.0 Framework, only the 2.0 version.
Does the whole thing work with the 2.0 version of the .Net Framework?

I don't believe it will work with 2.0, but you could give it a try. I'd suggest checking the Wine forums to see if anyone has figured out how to get 3.0 to work on 64-bit Linux.

#29383 Setting up a Mono Toolchain for Netduino on Linux

Posted by Brian Jepson on 19 May 2012 - 01:20 AM in Mono

When i try to install wine for the MetaDataProcess, then Ubuntu says, that i have to delete gettext. What should we do here?

That's a tough question. I'd suggest pasting the exact error message into Google (in quotes), and see if other users had this problem. You might also check the Wine project page and see if they have alternative installers.

#29008 MetaDataProcessor.exe WINE notes

Posted by Brian Jepson on 14 May 2012 - 01:00 PM in Mono

Hey Brian! I am coming in a little late (but better than never?) to the party, but I had a quick Q regarding this. Since I first did a full Win7+VS2010 VM install to do Netduino dev, and now I want to try Mono, I can use the MDP in Windows instead of (having to do the WINE thing,.. further, the mscorlib here should be from Mono or does it matter? (Haven't checked yet)

DrDz,

I'm not sure if that command-line would work to run MetaDataProcessor.exe on Windows. I haven't played around with running MetaDataProcessor.exe from the command line on Windows (I just let VS2010 deal with it).

- Brian

#28299 MetaDataProcessor.exe WINE notes

Posted by Brian Jepson on 29 April 2012 - 04:34 PM in Mono

I don't understand what to do with this step. Assuming I have installed winetricks and it's available in the path what commands should I run?

Sorry, but I've never used winetricks before.

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike, you can find documentation on winetricks here: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

But you would type winetricks vcrun2010 to run vcrun2010, for example.

#20746 40% discount on Netduino Plus e-book (O'Reilly / MAKE)

Posted by Brian Jepson on 17 November 2011 - 11:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sorry that it's taken so long to get this resolved (we did just move over to a new e-commerce platform). You can use the code AUTHD and get 40% off the print book or 50% off the ebook. Regards, Brian

#20320 40% discount on Netduino Plus e-book (O'Reilly / MAKE)

Posted by Brian Jepson on 07 November 2011 - 05:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The discount code isn't working for me. Is it still valid?

Hi Eric,

I'm in touch with our customer service folks and I'll see about getting this working again ASAP. Sorry about that!

- Brian

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.