Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

netduinolover's Content

There have been 4 items by netduinolover (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#19593 Netduino+ can't be seen by router

Posted by netduinolover on 22 October 2011 - 02:01 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Dan and friends, I actually tried again with another router but still can't see the N+ in the network. My router doesn't list the N+. Just a stupid newbie question: I am powering the N+ through my USB port; is that enough? Just some more background info: this laptop is connected, of course, to the same router as the N+. My router is the popular wireless NetGear router WGR614, which also has 4 wired ports. Also, I as mentioned above, my firmware version is the 4.1.2821.0, not the "unstable" 4.2. Should I try the unstable version? Thanks anyone for any light on this.

#19591 Netduino+ can't be seen by router

Posted by netduinolover on 22 October 2011 - 01:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Dan and friends, I actually tried again with another router but still can't see the N+ in the network. My router doesn't list the N+. Just a stupid newbie question: I am powering the N+ through my USB port; is that enough? Just some more background info: this laptop is connected, of course, to the same router as the N+. My router is the popular wireless NetGear router WGR614, which also has 4 wired ports. Also, I as mentioned above, my firmware version is the 4.1.2821.0, not the "unstable" 4.2. Should I try the unstable version? Thanks anyone for any light on this.

#19261 Netduino+ can't be seen by router

Posted by netduinolover on 16 October 2011 - 06:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ipconfig only shows the PC's network view. There's no reason another box on your network (other than the router to which your PC's network card has a special relationship) would show up, right?

I'm banging head on the wall here. You're absolutely right. I'm so desperately that my ability to reason is escaping me. :)

Very good advice. I'll try the static ip address and update again and see how far I can go.

Thanks Dan T.

#19254 Netduino+ can't be seen by router

Posted by netduinolover on 16 October 2011 - 03:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi guys. Hoping someone can give me any hint on how to solve this. My Netduino+ is not seen by my NetGear RP114 router. I have tested with a simple sample LED program, and N+ works fine there. However, it doesn't even connect to my router. I have changed the MAC address according to procedure, enabled DHCP, updated, all using the MF tool. When I reboot N+... nothing. Lights on the router don't blink... when I issue an ipconfig command in the command line, I see only my laptop's IP address, but not the N+. And I bought this little thing precisely for the networking feature. :( Here's the data when I request "Device Capabilities": HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.1.2821.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4096 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.1.2821.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.1.2821.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.1.0.6 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Feb 14 2011 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 400902 FloatingPoint: True SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: True ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: True Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False What can I try next? Thanks for any help.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.