Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Ttxouras's Content

There have been 6 items by Ttxouras (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#25848 Wifly rn-xv + XBee shield

Posted by Ttxouras on 22 March 2012 - 02:46 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Here is the link: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9976 The comment that's brought me the idea to bypass the diode on pin3 was boulderjoe's one. I hope it helps!

#25845 Wifly rn-xv + XBee shield

Posted by Ttxouras on 22 March 2012 - 01:26 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi all, I know it's been a loot of time since the last reply, however nothing works to the shield problem. I tried a lot of things but no ones worked until this morning!! I've tried bypassing the diode on pin 3 (I did it because some guy wrote a comment about this problem on the sparkfun web)and FINALLY IT WORKS!http://forums.netdui...t/biggrin.gif(I think it is not only my problem, more than one has written abaout it) I know that having a wire bypassing the diode it's not the ideal solution, but that is enough for me. I'm really happy because right now my netduino is able to communicate via socket and that's amazing. So again, sorry for my late replay and thank you Stefan for all the help you provide me.

#24522 Wifly rn-xv + XBee shield

Posted by Ttxouras on 21 February 2012 - 03:43 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I know that yo didn't told me to sold, but I think it was a good idea to see anoher posibilitie. I soldered the D1 pin to the Din one, because the D0 an D1 pins work fine for me! Now I can't do the conprobations but I hope tomorrow I will have enough time. Let's see if with your help, which is appreciated, can we find a solution to this problem.

#24518 Wifly rn-xv + XBee shield

Posted by Ttxouras on 21 February 2012 - 02:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi! First off all thank you for answering and I am sorry for answering so late, but I've been doing a lot of things. I soldered a wire but unfortunately that's not the solution, because now the Din led of the XBee shield lights, but nothing it's received or written on the Wifly. I've done an app to communicate a pc with the netduino with sockets and it works, but only with the Wifly connected to D0 and D1 pins, not directly atached to the XBee shield (where it's suposed to be). When it's directly connected to the shield I see that the netduino receives the data but the XBee shield continues not writing on the Wifly.... This is so annoying. I've no more ideas, so please, if you can help me with one it would be nice.

#24346 Wifly rn-xv + XBee shield

Posted by Ttxouras on 17 February 2012 - 03:26 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Stefan!! Thank you so much for your fast reply. I made a WPF application to control a room's tenperature, and I want to control it via wifi of course. I had plenty of ideas how to communicate the netduino with the WPF app and one (probably it's not the best) was with an online ftp server, where the netduino storages the Tº to upload to the server. As I said in my previous post, this procedure works with the XBee breakout board, but not with the XBee shield. I've written a program with simple code following the Wifly manual, the only things that the netduino program does is to send to the uart pings "puts" and "gets" to download or upload the files to the server, because I've previously configured my Wifly to accept tcp connections. As I know(which is no much), both of the shields are compatible with the Wifly module, but I can't understand why one (the breakout board) works and the other(the XBee shield) no!!? I've made some many probes and I think that the Netduino is able to communicate with the XBee shield, but the shield can't write to the Wifly. If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong please be so kind to explain to me. Again, thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english.

#24338 Wifly rn-xv + XBee shield

Posted by Ttxouras on 17 February 2012 - 01:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and to the netduino world, so please be kind. I've started a wifi + regular netduino project and I'm using the Wifly rn-xv atached to a breakout board for XBee Module. I'm able to send and receive files via ftp to a ftp server (I've also probe with success Html to Pachube,but that's not important) and everything works well. However, when I use the XBee Shield I've got some problems. I can't communicate with the Wifly and that's why I can't enter command mode. Has anyone an idea abaout what I'm doing wrong? I've also tested the uart Rx and Tx of the XBee shield, and surprisingly it works!!!! If anyone could help me it would be gratefull! Thank you in advance.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.