Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

aaronk's Content

There have been 1 items by aaronk (Search limited from 13-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51618 New to NetDuino and got some questions

Posted by aaronk on 22 July 2013 - 03:14 AM in General Discussion

Hello,

I am new to NetDuino and want to start using it but I have some questions..

First of all I don't know how to program in c# but some people have told me that it's basically the same as JavaScript which I know a bit about.

I know how to program in VB.net and have looked around on this forum and programming using vb.net micro framework, looks really easy.

I am trying to find the best place to find the 'Netduino Plus 2 with Ethernet' in Australia. Most are charging more in freight then the product. Does anyone know where I can get it where it's not going to cost more in freight then the product?

I believe the 'Netduino Plus 2 with Ethernet' is what I am after as I need to have a LAN, SD-Card as well as RS232.

Some other questions I have is:

- Does the Netduino Plus 2 having on-board memory to remember what the LAN IP address is if the user changes it, or do you need to store that type of info on the SD-Card?

- This question is almost the same as above, but can you store a database (such as SQL Lite) on the unit or does this need to be stored on the SD-Card?

- If you already have programming on the Netduino Plus 2 and you sent it to a friend and then you make a update how can they update the file onto the Netduino Plus 2 without giving the source code to them?

- If you have complied a program on the Netduino Plus 2 can anyone view the code that is on it or is it like a exe file, where you need the source code to be able to make changes?

Hope someone can help me on the above, as I am new to this and want to start learning about this kind of thing and I think this is going to be a really good start.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.