Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Johan's Content

There have been 10 items by Johan (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20809 My Netduino CNC Machine

Posted by Johan on 21 November 2011 - 10:51 AM in Project Showcase

What a beautiful project. I'm an engineer and love CNC machines. I want to have one for myself and build this. Looks fantastic. The second thing I want is a 3D printer. Like: http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page Maybe those things can be combined to the ultimate homebrew creation machine. Another future idea is to add two more extra axis. Then it's possible to make undercuts. Then you don't have to remove the product and recalibrate to add extra features. Easy for me to say, but my programming skill isn't high enough to see the consequences in the programming.

#20043 Hardware Classes For Netduino

Posted by Johan on 01 November 2011 - 12:11 PM in General Discussion

In lots of examples on this forum you see only the code snippets. And sometimes you can see whats defined in the "Using ..." section. But mostly I have to screw around with the references. This is because I'm a complete NEWB :) I saw an example where somebody put the references in the code between /* */ blocks. Maybe only NEWBs have this problem, but it helps allot :D

#20036 Sending mail with a Netduino Plus

Posted by Johan on 01 November 2011 - 08:36 AM in Project Showcase

I'll try to look into the possibility to use the API. But I don't know yet where to start :-) When it comes to programming I'm still a newb, but I have to start somewhere :-) I'll make a project of it.

#20032 Sending mail with a Netduino Plus

Posted by Johan on 01 November 2011 - 07:55 AM in Project Showcase

Do you think it's possible to use Exchange Webservice Managed API with Netduino? I have made a program for my computer to add tasks to Exchange through the API. But it would be fun to log data to an Exchange server. Or schedule appointments, make tasks or send/receive email or write notes.

#20031 Parallax Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor

Posted by Johan on 01 November 2011 - 07:47 AM in Project Showcase

Thanks for this example. I'm new at Netduino and C# and even I could read the code clearly. Hopefully more people will take the time to add there references to there code. For me that takes some time to find out every time :-)

#19318 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by Johan on 17 October 2011 - 02:32 PM in Project Showcase

I wish I didn't have a Netduino and a Gainspan WiFi module laying around. Now I need to try this as well :-)

#18656 Ship monitor

Posted by Johan on 02 October 2011 - 11:27 AM in Project Showcase

The boat is a Wesley Vulcan. And what I'm going to monitor is: 1x Waste water tank 1x Fresh water tank 1x Diesel tank 1x Batteries For the tanks I'm using three 3,5Bar pressure sensors. Normally used in the exhaust of a Daimler (Mercedes) car. I'll fix those in the bottom of the tank and measure the fluid pressure. They need a 5V for supply power and it delivers a percentage of that as indication of pressure. About 20% of the supply (1V) is the normal pressure of 100kPa. But because the Netduino can handle max 3.3V I made a voltage divider. This is a variable resistor of 100k Ohms, so it can't get higher then 3.3V.

#18592 Ship monitor

Posted by Johan on 29 September 2011 - 07:39 PM in Project Showcase

When it's done, sail to Terheijden Harbor and show me :D
Sounds like a fun project.

It looked as an easy enough project to get back into programming.
And getting the hang of a Netduino.

I will make some reports on how I do it and place it on the forum.

And yes it's fun :D

#18591 Ship monitor

Posted by Johan on 29 September 2011 - 07:36 PM in Project Showcase

Tell us more about your sailboat,what kind, how big, do you liveon it etc.?

I have a LeComte NorthEast 38 sloop.

Many boats have expensive batteries,and monitoring them properly can make them last much longer and save a ton of money. Properly maintained (as in a data center) deep cycle batteries can last 10 years. Many boaters consider themselves lucky to get 3-4 years before replacing them.

If you want to do a really good job of battery monitoring consider using Kelvin 4-wire leads (http://en.wikipedia....erminal_sensing )

Actualy the boat isn't mine, it's my brothers :-)
I will get the details, when I know the right terms.

And thanks for the 4-wire leads way of meassuring.
I was thinking of a simple voltage divider.
But this is better.

#18577 Ship monitor

Posted by Johan on 29 September 2011 - 08:46 AM in Project Showcase

Hello people, my name is Johan. I'm a newb with Netduino. I have just started to work with Netduino. And I'm excited to see that I can do some nice projects with ease of use. I'm working now on a project that will monitor fluids on a ship. On that ship are three tanks. One with waste water, one with clean water and one Diesel tank. Also I want to monitor the battery just in case there's no wind. Because it's Sailing ship :-) For the tanks I use a pressure sensor normally used in the automotive industry which can measure op to 3,5Bar. And for the battery I think I'm going to use a voltage divider and use the charge curve from the battery supplier. All that I want to display in the cabin and keep track of the tanks and warn me if it gets to high or to low. Later on I will post the code and schematics, when I find the time :-) If you have questions or remarks, feel free to post them. I'm looking forward to it.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.