Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Oammar's Content

There have been 3 items by Oammar (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18134 Serial.read via USB? yu know like on the good ol Arduino.

Posted by Oammar on 18 September 2011 - 04:52 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hey guys, Just received my netduino today, was expecting this feature from the get go as well. Was hoping to be able to communicate between my application, I still can through an FTDI, but I really don't want to spend more than I already have. This would also mean another week or so of waiting. Oh well, that's no problem. At least I can connect the 5v -> 5v and not have to worry about two usb cables on a released product. Being able to program in Visual Studio is well worth the wait. Imagine that, two usb cables to do the job of one, haha. How has development been going Chris? Does the 4.2 beta firmware add anything to this issue? :) Really looking forward to getting started on my project, as well as this feature. Edit: Would an external usb library work such as: http://sourceforge.n...s/libusbdotnet/ Thanks, - Oammar

#17919 3.3v, 5v, Various Ports and Components, oh my.

Posted by Oammar on 13 September 2011 - 10:51 AM in General Discussion

Hey all,

Another new prospective software developer here looking to delve deeper into the electrical engineering world in terms of working toward bringing programing to literal life. As well as understanding how programing and physical interfaces can connect within the Universe. I currently have a netduino, breadboard, shield and various other basic components on order, and I can't wait to dive in.

I don't have much experience in electronic assembly outside of assembling computer parts, but I am eager to learn. What would you recommend kit wise, or learning wise from the get go? First foot in the door project I have lined up is just a photocell interfacing with a Diffused RGB (tri-color) LED. From reading a post about that Diffused RGB I know it is recommended to use resistors, but that is an aspect where I get a bit lost. I don't know why it is recommended to use a resistor, when do I know when to use different / other components for other projects?

I've been wrapping my mind around how everything interfaces electronic wise, such as the digital and analog pins. When do I know when to use which i/o pins (UART 1 RX, UART 2 RX, TX, PWM, UART 2 RTS, SPI MOSI, MISO, SPCK). Power pins (/RESET, 3v3, 5v, Gnd, Vin, Aref) what type do I use and when? Or analog in pins (I2C SDA, SCL), are the 0-3 pins different on the analog in then the 0-3 for the digital i/o pins?

Most importantly and boggling aspect is the conversion(s) between 3.3v and 5v (vice-versa), when would I encounter this? How do I know what to look for and how do I solve it? Do I have to use a resistor, diodes, transistors, or some other component?

As you can see I'm pretty much walking in the dark, haha. However, I am oh so very excited.

Thank you for any guidance,

- Oammar

#17885 SD card sample

Posted by Oammar on 12 September 2011 - 09:47 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Does the MicroSD card breakout board+ work with this? Or is the fix still required? Edit: Didn't realize this post was so old. I'm assuming the current firmware is compatible with it?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.