Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Bi Qin's Content

There have been 23 items by Bi Qin (Search limited from 24-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50602 N+2 I2C returns 0s

Posted by Bi Qin on 18 June 2013 - 01:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

But I Do made it works with 3.3V power supply :blink:,and it doesn't work with 5V(a exception happened during I2C operation).....

The silk mark on the chip is DS1307ZN,it's really weird.

Here it goes:

http://lifetyper.com/post/52266110944

#50477 N+2 to 3.3v I2C

Posted by Bi Qin on 14 June 2013 - 09:11 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I2C is an open drain bus,the votage on the bus is decided by the pull up resistor,both pin for SCL/SDA on ND2+ is 5V tolerant.

You can connect it to any i2c device with pull up voltage equal or lower than 5V.

#50360 serial communication in NP2

Posted by Bi Qin on 08 June 2013 - 03:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try another uart tool on your pc...

#50321 I2C LCD not working on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bi Qin on 06 June 2013 - 04:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've already make an I2C 1602 LCD working with my netduino plus2:

http://lifetyper.com/post/52202466954

#50320 how to "Factory reset" Netduino Plus (ver 1 & 2) ?

Posted by Bi Qin on 06 June 2013 - 04:40 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

1?Re-flash your netduino's firmware,make sure you get the correct version this time;

http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

2?Re-config you netduino's network configuration:

http://wiki.netduino...duino-Plus.ashx

BTW:A exception on socket doesn't equals a  device issue,there might be something wrong with your internet connection,some times using a static IP for netduino will be more reliable than using DHCP.

#50235 I2C LCD not working on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bi Qin on 04 June 2013 - 03:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

OK,confirmed that add 2 pull up resistors will make I2C To IO expander work.I've draw a schematic for that board for your reference.Attached File  lcm1602.pdf   93.6KB   125 downloads

#50234 I2C LCD not working on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bi Qin on 04 June 2013 - 02:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've got an I2C LCD recently,and it's not working either.The label on the bottom of the PCB is"YwRobot LCM1602 IIC V1".

But the reason is found::There is no pull up resistor For I2C Bus on the LCD module.

So,might there be some different on I2C design between NP1+ and NP2+?Which makes NP1+ don't need external pull up resistor.

I've try to draw the schematic for that I2C To IO board and add pull up resistor later by myself.Wait for my update.

#50209 Committing File to SD Card

Posted by Bi Qin on 03 June 2013 - 06:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Same problem with me,and still no solution.

#50081 What to use for RTC backup?

Posted by Bi Qin on 29 May 2013 - 01:54 PM in General Discussion

normally,a coin cell is enough to powe the rtc for several years.

#49923 I2C LCD not working on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bi Qin on 24 May 2013 - 03:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for your reply, but have already jumpered the new SCL/SDA pins to A4/A5, so it should be working.

If possible,I would suggest you to measure the waveform of the I2C bus to see if anything abnormal.

#49922 Environment and Compiler for building STM32f2xx-based projects

Posted by Bi Qin on 24 May 2013 - 02:45 PM in General Discussion

Thats what I thought to. Thank you for the link to ODeV.

I've installed the package and it manages to compile the template project, generating a .elf file. Does this file contain the whole pre-compiled project? 

Yes,you can use the elf file with GDB for debug.

Or you can use below command to generate .hex file for burning(using st-link utitily or something similar)

arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe -O ihex Yourfilename.elf Yourfilename.hex

#49921 Extending (eeprom) memory on ND+2

Posted by Bi Qin on 24 May 2013 - 02:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've tested AT24C16(I2C) and W25X16(SPI) with NP2+,all works fine.

#49839 Does any one would like to buy a more powerful STM32F407 MF board?

Posted by Bi Qin on 23 May 2013 - 02:40 PM in General Discussion

Infact $150 is OK for me.

But to get more people to support a mass production,I think price  around $100 may be more acceptable.

#49838 Environment and Compiler for building STM32f2xx-based projects

Posted by Bi Qin on 23 May 2013 - 02:35 PM in General Discussion

obviously you made some mistake while setting up the eclipse.

there should not be any error about "Make" command,as you don't need to write makefile for such a building.

I think all you need can be found here:http://www.stf12.org...opers/ODeV.html

#49827 Does any one would like to buy a more powerful STM32F407 MF board?

Posted by Bi Qin on 23 May 2013 - 12:04 PM in General Discussion

Good job!

I would like to buy such a board when available.

If the price can be lower would be better :rolleyes:,as $200 is already enough for a i.MX6 dev board(sabre lite),

#49819 Does any one would like to buy a more powerful STM32F407 MF board?

Posted by Bi Qin on 23 May 2013 - 09:10 AM in General Discussion

So,you've already done the NETMF porting job for your board?

#49818 Problem deploying to NP2 on Windows 8 Pro

Posted by Bi Qin on 23 May 2013 - 09:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

connect the netduino to usb port,then look into your computer's device manager,did the driver for Netduino installed correct?

#49817 I2C LCD not working on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Bi Qin on 23 May 2013 - 09:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

well,for NP2+,you should connect I2C bus to the SCL/SDA pin?not A4/A5.

A4/A5 on NP2+ is PC4/PC5 on STM32F405,if you look into the datasheet,neither of them got I2C function,you can just  use them as ADC input pin.

#49755 My daydream - FPGA/ARM platform

Posted by Bi Qin on 22 May 2013 - 05:51 AM in General Discussion

Indeed,everytime I read the VHDL code,I feels like I'm reading a netlist of a PCB....

#49632 Serial to SD -- Need Fast Writing

Posted by Bi Qin on 21 May 2013 - 05:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Mike,are you sure that data lost happened during the writing process?As the SPI bus speed is much more faster than uart,2KB/s should not be a problem.

I've met file lost issue too,but that happened when I power off the device or remove the card,and I'm still working on that.

#49622 MicroSD Card File Lost/Corrupted?

Posted by Bi Qin on 21 May 2013 - 01:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

BTW,here below is my firmware information:

SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.2.2) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate:   Jan 26 2013 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:   410894

#49591 MicroSD Card File Lost/Corrupted?

Posted by Bi Qin on 20 May 2013 - 08:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello everyone.

I tried to create&write&read files with micro sd card on NP2+,using a 2gb sandisk micro sd card with FAT format.

From the debug output information,I can see that file did created and exist.But when I remove the card from NP2+ and try to read the content from my PC,I found nothing,sometimes file exist but corrupted.

Even not removing the card, just re-deploy the same code again(as the chip will reboot),the file created last time  disappered(I detect whether file exist before I create it).

After adding a 1000ms sleep,the situation improves just a little bit,which means if I write it for several times, I may get one time success saved.

So,is there anything wrong with my code or any tricks for NP2+ micso sd file write?

================================

using System; using System.Net; using System.Net.Sockets; using System.Threading; using System.IO; using Microsoft.SPOT; using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware; using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware; using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino; using SecretLabs.NETMF.IO; namespace SDFileLearn {   public class Program   {   public static void Main()   {   DirectoryInfo rootDirectory = new DirectoryInfo(@"SD");   if(!Directory.Exists(@"SDNewDir"))   { DirectoryInfo xDir= Directory.CreateDirectory(@"SDNewDir");   }   if (File.Exists(@"SDTestNew.txt"))   {   Debug.Print("File Exist!");   }   else   {   Debug.Print("Not Exist,Create New!");   }   StreamWriter xWrite = new StreamWriter(System.IO.File.Open(@"SDTestNew.txt", FileMode.Append));   xWrite.Write("Hello New Worldrn");   xWrite.Flush();   xWrite.Close();   Thread.Sleep(1000);   if (File.Exists(@"SDTestNew.txt"))   {   StreamReader xRead = new StreamReader(@"SDTestNew.txt");   Debug.Print(xRead.ReadLine());   xRead.Close();   Thread.Sleep(1000);   }   RecurseFolders(rootDirectory);   if (File.Exists(@"SDTestNew.txt"))   {   Debug.Print("File Exist!");   }   else   {   Debug.Print("Not Exist!");   }   Thread.Sleep(1000);   }   private static void RecurseFolders(DirectoryInfo directory)   {   if (directory.Exists)   {   Debug.Print(directory.FullName);   foreach (FileInfo file in directory.GetFiles())   {   Debug.Print(file.FullName);   }   foreach (DirectoryInfo subDirectory in directory.GetDirectories())   {   RecurseFolders(subDirectory);   }   }   }   } }  

Attached Files

#49588 SD card file corruption

Posted by Bi Qin on 20 May 2013 - 07:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

yes that happens to me too.

you have to call call unmount before you power it down.

when you write more data you will see it, and also see how much is lost (like write 100 lines, some will be lost)

I remembered that Chris said NP2 would auto mount&unmount SD card,this semms not neccessary process for NP2.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.