Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

viktor's Content

There have been 11 items by viktor (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#40287 Netduino + Thermocouple

Posted by viktor on 27 November 2012 - 05:56 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Offhand, it sounds like a good idea. What's cookin?

It depends on what the resistance was. Can you drive it with 3.3v and get a reasonable set of values back?

Yea, i'm going to try that right now, so we can only use 3.3V on the analog pins? not 5v? I better do some reading before I burn this thing.

Had this idea as I was smoking a turkey for thanksgiving. I do briskets and chickens often and if I do more than 2 hours roast/smoke I tend to get a bit anxious and worried... Also had one incident where I ran out of coals and didn't know about it. So, this way I want two probes to return values for me, one from the meat and the other from the grill. I have a small motherboard fan I will be driving as well, which will control the amount of air that gets into smoker (big green egg). And of course doing this from my windows phone was an easy bonus, I figured i'll just have an app on my computer update a spreadsheet on my skydrive and i'll see the changes on my phone. No need for a webserver or anything like that.

#40286 Having SAM-BA issues while reflashing N+

Posted by viktor on 27 November 2012 - 05:51 AM in General Discussion

Hello, I have a windows 8 pc that I'm trying to setup to play with my N+, everything worked fine with the last project (on Win7) and now decided to do another project and not getting anywhere.

First I couldn't load any projects on it, so decided I'd reflash it. I did the 3V3 + copper pin, and it came back as GPS camera.. So far so good. Loaded SAM-BA, started it up, selected the chip and the com port but I get an error while trying to connect. The error is something like:

Error h_handle returned zero while executing "TCL_Open $target(connection)(" invoked from within "if{$::argc >= 2}{...

Is SAM-BA not going to work with Win 8?

Weird, went to win7 machine and it connected to it there, but tried the second time and got the same error, tried a few different times on the win8 machine and it connected...

#40285 Having SAM-BA issues while reflashing N+

Posted by viktor on 27 November 2012 - 05:07 AM in General Discussion

Hello, I have a windows 8 pc that I'm trying to setup to play with my N+, everything worked fine with the last project (on Win7) and now decided to do another project and not getting anywhere. First I couldn't load any projects on it, so decided I'd reflash it. I did the 3V3 + copper pin, and it came back as GPS camera.. So far so good. Loaded SAM-BA, started it up, selected the chip and the com port but I get an error while trying to connect. The error is something like: Error h_handle returned zero while executing "TCL_Open $target(connection)(" invoked from within "if{$::argc >= 2}{... Is SAM-BA not going to work with Win 8?

#40255 Netduino + Thermocouple

Posted by viktor on 26 November 2012 - 08:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Quick question to you guys, I wanted to monitor grill temperature remotely, and took one of the probes from my grill thermostat and used a meter to see the resistance change on it. Is there a way I can use that in my AI on netduino plus? or do I really need to get one of those thermocouple amplifiers? The rest of the plan is pretty simple, I have one of those wireless shields (forgot the name) and an app on my computer that would get the info and write it into spreadsheet which is saved to cloud and reported on my phone. I can also update parameters on the spreadsheet and have the app on my computer adjust the speed of fan. How does that sound?

#23823 Stable communication between PC and netduino+

Posted by viktor on 06 February 2012 - 12:18 AM in General Discussion

Hello, I've been tinkering for a while now with my netduino+ and since I'm really not an electronics wiz I maybe missing a much simpler approach then I ended up with. In the end, all I really want to do is communicate with my N+ from my pc, wirelessly. It maybe that I need 2 netduinos, or just one. So far, I've played around with using webserver to communicate with it, and through the ethernet port, I could slap wireless shield on it and use it, but I have found the webserver approach not very stable for very precise control. For example I want to send commands to it a few times per second, webserver does work but occasionally will stall. What are other approaches? What is the best approach for communications like this? I do want around 20-40' of wireless connectivity too. Thanks, Viktor.

#23788 can't connect to my netduino anymore

Posted by viktor on 04 February 2012 - 07:49 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi viktor,

What are you trying to do in your app? Is there an SD card inserted? What happens if you remove it?

Chris

No sd card. But I just re-installed the Netduino SDK 4.2 and now its taking the projects. Thanks again for chiming in.

#23782 can't connect to my netduino anymore

Posted by viktor on 04 February 2012 - 06:21 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi Victor,

Did you only update the TinyBooterDecompressor.bin or also the ER_FLASH file?

I was able to update the ER_FLASH and config, the board seems to have good vital signs after this until I try to load a project unto it then I get both lights on.

Here are the procedures I've done a few times:

1. Erase by doing the copper tab + 3.3v
2. use SAM-BA to clear flash (just to be sure), then load tinybootloader
3. disconnect/reconnect it, then go into mfdeploy and load the FLASH and CONFIG
4. disconnect/reconnect, ping returns TinyCLR, then go into network config and do the settings there.
5. power LED on, onboardLED off.
6. Try to start a project after I upgraded it to 4.2 and it gets built and when its trying to reboot the card I get both LEDs to come on and debug never kicks in. Also the card wont respond to a ping then.

Thanks,
Viktor.

#23766 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by viktor on 04 February 2012 - 07:11 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I'm getting a little confused... So there's the .net microframework sdk, firmware for netduino and netduino sdk, right? So is netduino sdk still in progress? or do you not have any plans to update it for 4.2? I'm just wondering because I see that vb.net is supported now but no project templates that I can see. Thanks for your hard work. Viktor.

#23765 can't connect to my netduino anymore

Posted by viktor on 04 February 2012 - 06:37 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Ok, i was able to flash it with 4.2 rc4, and i am getting response when i ping it in mfdeploy, and i have just a power LED on until I try and load a project into it, then both led's come on and i'm not getting any feedback from it. Visual Studio is not able to go into debug either. Anyone?

#23764 can't connect to my netduino anymore

Posted by viktor on 04 February 2012 - 06:17 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

ok, got it figured out, remembered i could just uninstall the device from device manager and do the detection again. This time it was found as the right device.

#23759 can't connect to my netduino anymore

Posted by viktor on 04 February 2012 - 03:14 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hello, I need someone's help on this. I tried updating to the 4.2 rc4 firmware and ran into an issue. I first jumpered the 3.3v to the little copper tab by port 0, then i tried connecting the device and windows said it couldn't connect to it and eventually figured out that it was a gps camera. Well, I was able to use SAM-BA to load the tinybootloader unto it, but now i am trying to get it to show up in mfdeploy and it only shows up under serial connections com3, but of course can't ping/erase/upload to it. What else can i do to get the card back into operation? Thanks, Viktor.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.