Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Magpie's Content

There have been 156 items by Magpie (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#25598 Multithreaded Webserver and DataLogger

Posted by Magpie on 16 March 2012 - 08:11 AM in Project Showcase

Thanks for that message H07R0D I''m really pleased you can use it, even in its unfinished state. If you see any bugs or improvements, then let me know. I saw your aquarium site, I noticed that you are using similar temperature sensors to me. I am thinking you might want a bit more accuracy. ie. using a ds1820 like many others are using. One thing I found with my LM135s (i think) was I got much better results when I put a voltage regulator output into the ARef pin to stabilise it and also a load resistor. I normally take just one look at git and (not github) and murmur WTF to myself. Normally all I want to do is Check in, check out, revert, update, I think I would need a wrapper around git to provide this. Maybe I have been using SVN too long.

#25535 How much current can you draw from the 5v pin?

Posted by Magpie on 15 March 2012 - 06:00 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Put one of your video card type heatsinks onto the netduinos voltage regulator chip, that should help.

#25488 USB Audio Device - FINALLY WORKS!!

Posted by Magpie on 14 March 2012 - 03:49 AM in Project Showcase

Just make it anyway. Olimex can spin up a couple of boards for under 40 Euros. I think it's a good project, and I would like one. I could help a fair bit as I have a bit of a background in Audio.

#25448 Delay or getting stuck at deployment "Preparing to deploy assemblies to t...

Posted by Magpie on 13 March 2012 - 11:09 AM in Visual Studio

Yes using 4.2 rc4 you must cancel deploy before pulling out the usb.

#25332 CT Sensor help please!

Posted by Magpie on 10 March 2012 - 02:01 PM in General Discussion

Hi Emg I did a quick calc, and it looks like you will get 0.33 * 0.17 / 5 = 11 millivolts rms out of you current sensor when your pump is running. By the time you rectify this with a silicon diode, I would imagine you have 5/8 of F all. If it's going to be a permanent fixture you could tap into the circuit somewhere and measure the voltage. With safety being a priority of course. This might be enough for your purposes. The main trouble with the clip on current sensors is the primary being less than one turn. So you dont get much output whatever happens. The other thing that you may or may not realise is that you only put one conductor through the current sensor, otherwise they cancel. ie. leave the neutral and earth out of it. This would involve stripping away the sheath, which is probably illegal in your country as it is in mine. I suggest another approach. Cheers.

#25331 Anyone is interested on a high-end acquisition shield?

Posted by Magpie on 10 March 2012 - 01:40 PM in General Discussion

I'm definitely interested. I voted but my answers don't seem to be recorded. 16 bit is definitely enough for me. Stacks of sensors but obviously not all of them can be close to the Netduino. Have you had a look at what GHI is doing with gadgeteer, I am sure that is not what I want personally but the versitility sounds good. I guess if you can work out a list of types of sensors people may want to attach, it would possibly give you a bit of guidance. good luck. Tried it again, it worked.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.