Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

don664's Content

There have been 77 items by don664 (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39656 Communicating with serial 2x16 LCD

Posted by don664 on 19 November 2012 - 08:40 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Coyttl, Thanks for replying. I was hoping you could show me the syntax for how you open a com port and write to the lcd... is it kind of like doing a debug.print? Also where do i connect the RX from the lcd onto the plus 2? Thanks, Donovan

#39617 Communicating with serial 2x16 LCD

Posted by don664 on 19 November 2012 - 12:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and am trying to get my Netduino Plus 2 to send "Hello World" to my Sparkfun Serial LCD (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9395).

I am able to do this on my Arduino board but have no idea how to use the Melabs SLCD Driver and the Netdunio. I downloaded and added the SLCD_API.cs to my solution as a class but now am not sure how to reference it.

I have the the LCD connected up as follows (LCD to Netduino):
  • RX to Digital I/O 1
  • GND to GND
  • VDD to 5V

Does anyone have an example of how this is done? I have no code to post as my Program.cs file is still empty.

Any help will appreciated :unsure:

Thanks,
Donovan

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.