Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fabien Royer's Content

There have been 203 items by Fabien Royer (Search limited from 22-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#26667 [nwazet GO! Modules Source Code and Eagle Schematics on BitBucket

Posted by Fabien Royer on 07 April 2012 - 06:47 AM in Netduino Go

Hi,

I just opened the [nwazet repository on BitBucket.

There, you will find the C# libraries, the C drivers and the Eagle designs for the [nwazet Netduino GO! modules.

Enjoy!

-Fabien.

#26479 Redacted 00101100

Posted by Fabien Royer on 04 April 2012 - 10:07 PM in General Discussion

Hi Cuno,

I'm going to expand on what Bertrand wrote a bit and take your questions one by one :)

If I understand correctly, your touch display has its own microcontroller, between the display and the Netduino Go. Is the "SPI up to 40 MHz" between display and your microcontroller?

That's correct: the display has its own STM32F2, servicing commands from the application running on the GO! mainboard received / sent over SPI. In turn, the display module drives the actual LCD screen and handles the interactions with the touchscreen.

What exactly is the higher-level protocol on top of go!bus, between Netduino Go and your display module? Are the drawing primitives related to common .NET abstractions?

I wrote a generic lightweight message serialization / deserialization system for passing messages / objects (in network byte order) between a C# app and the C code (and vice-versa) interpreting the commands. The buffer containing the serialized messages is used by SPI directly.

Could your display be used from a Gadgeteer mainboard as well, let's say through an SUX socket?

Yes, it should work just fine.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing the display in natura!

Thanks,

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#26151 PIX-6T4 Game Console

Posted by Fabien Royer on 30 March 2012 - 04:18 PM in Project Showcase

The PIX-6T4 book is not quite finished yet (Bertrand and I have been insanely busy these past few months). We'll likely release what we have written so far as an open source book as soon as we can breathe a bit. Cheers, -Fabien.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.