Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fabien Royer's Content

There have been 203 items by Fabien Royer (Search limited from 22-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38581 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 05 November 2012 - 08:36 PM in Netduino Go

You're quite welcome :)

#38540 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 05 November 2012 - 07:10 AM in Netduino Go

LED near D7 flashing very very fast and kind of dim

That's normal with the latest firmware: it indicates that SPI communication is indeed taking place.

Please contact at fabien <at> nwazet <dot> com tomorrow so that we can figure out what's going on here.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#38459 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 09:52 PM in Netduino Go

Let's wait until you have the UART diagnostics up for a complete picture. Thanks, -Fabien.

#38456 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 09:21 PM in Netduino Go

Sounds good. Can you please provide a stack trace when you encounter the exception as well as a dump of the BasicTypeDeSerializerContext._buffer? Thanks, -Fabien.

#38444 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 07:57 PM in Netduino Go

Ok. When you get to testing the UART, can you please enable the DAQ's internal diagnostics and post the output that you see in your dumb terminal when mounting the file system?
See http://nwazet.com/co...torageRegisters for enabling diagnostic messages.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#38436 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 05:22 PM in Netduino Go

Yet, you're able to use all the other functions of the DAQ, except for the file system?

#38397 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 11:33 PM in Netduino Go

Are you using the latest C# driver from https://bitbucket.or...royer/nwazet.go?
Can you please post the code you're using here so that I can test it and try to repro what you're seeing?

#38395 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 11:23 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks. That tells me that you have the latest version of the DAQ firmware running, which is good. Now, if you use the exact file system test sample posted on our site (adapted to the actual Go socket you're using), what happens?

#38392 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 09:05 PM in Netduino Go

That's not likely. Let me ask you this: does the LED next to port D7 blink when there's communication between the Go board and the DAQ?

#38372 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 06:50 AM in Netduino Go

Hi there,

The call to "sd.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket5, "SD")" is incorrect, so it makes sense that nothing's working ;)

Have you looked at the tutorials on the DAQ product page? If not, check out this one which shows how to initialize the DAQ and how to use the file system: http://nwazet.com/co...Q/10-FileSystem

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#38360 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 01 November 2012 - 11:32 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Mattster, Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the kit :) About the knob: a good way to ensure that the knob doesn't wobble is to let it rest flat on the top board before securing it to the shaft. Then, as you tighten the screw against the pot's shaft, gently push down on the dome of the knob. That method has worked well for me so far, but a bit of tape works too. Cheers, -Fabien.

#37816 All Nwazet assemblies in one archive

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 October 2012 - 11:37 PM in Netduino Go

Chris, I didn't keep that flashing application because it didn't work but you can repro the failure yourself using the binaries from our source repository as discussed at the beginning of this thread. The length of the cable (5 or 10cm) does not affect the outcome. Btw, it might be good to split this thread at the point where it started straying from the topic. Thank you, -Fabien.

#37808 All Nwazet assemblies in one archive

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 October 2012 - 09:41 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, Have you tried flashing our Nwazet DAQ module as well? This is what Jason was looking for in this case. When I did, the flashing application just got stuck on the last page indefinitely. I have personally given up on trying to flash firmware from a Go! main board because it's unreliable: one module might work 5 times in a row and fail on the 6th attempt, or based binary size changes, it may or may not work. IMO, Go! users should not have to go through so much pain and frustration to get upgrades: it should be a smooth user experience, baked into the Netduino Go! firmware by design. -Fabien.

#37798 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 October 2012 - 08:00 PM in Netduino Go

Looking good like the rest of the Nwazet kit. Would be nice to see an EU distributor.
Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

We looked for EU distributors early on when we launched our Go! modules. Unfortunately, UK distributors who have responded so far wanted a very high cut for their services, to the extent where it was not sustainable for us. Outside of the UK, I would recommend checking out http://shop.microfra...gue.aspx/nwazet who resells Nwazet products in the EU and asking them for the Nwazet Go Pro kit.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#37780 All Nwazet assemblies in one archive

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 October 2012 - 04:00 PM in Netduino Go

We all wish flashing modules through a Netduino Go! worked well w/o jumping through hoops, but it's just not the case. I am as bothered as you are that this situation has not yet been addressed for all Go! users in a way that is seamlessly integrated with the Go! platform and this is why I proposed an alternative and spent time making a video to show how it works. Yes, there is a bit of hardware needed, but it's common and cheap.

#37771 All Nwazet assemblies in one archive

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 October 2012 - 03:00 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Jason, The method that I recommend for flashing our ARM-based modules is this one: http://forums.netdui...r-demonstrator/ Thanks, -Fabien.

#37049 Flashing Go Modules using ST Microelectronics’ Flash Loader Demonstrator

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 October 2012 - 06:29 PM in Netduino Go

About flashing the STM8S serially: this document by ST describes in details the STM8 bootloader and which STM8S versions feature a bootloader: http://www.st.com/in.../CD00201192.pdf This may be helpful for anyone considering building modules based on the STM8S and would like to ensure that they are easily field-upgradable. For versions that do not have an embedded bootloader, it is possible to add one in software and there are reference implementations provided by ST to do so. Cheers, -Fabien.

#37042 Flashing Go Modules using ST Microelectronics’ Flash Loader Demonstrator

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 October 2012 - 05:07 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks Stan, You're correct: there must be a bootloader on the chip. Not all versions of the STM8S have a UART bootloader unfortunately, and those require SWIM programming. All ARM Cortex M chips do have one. Cheers, -Fabien.

#36991 Flashing Go Modules using ST Microelectronics’ Flash Loader Demonstrator

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 October 2012 - 10:32 PM in Netduino Go

In this video, I demonstrate how to build a simple breakout board to connect a Go! module to an FTDI ‘USB to Serial’ breakout board for the purpose of updating the module’s firmware. The application used to download the firmware to the module is provided by ST Microelectronics. This method has been tested with ARM Cortex Mx and STM8S chips and works very reliably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB3nFQso2Vs

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Links & References

Nwazet Source repository
Nwazet firmware files
Map file for the STM32F051x
Adafruit FTDI Friend + extras - v1.0
Adafruit USB FTDI cable - TTL-232R 3.3V
Sparkfun FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V
Sparkfun FTDI Cable 5V VCC-3.3V I/O
ST Flash Loader Demonstrator
Netduino Go! IDC Cable Breakout
Netduino GO! Hacking - Breaking out sockets

#36913 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 October 2012 - 11:56 PM in Netduino Go

What were you thinking guys?

The heavy metal knob introduces a bit of inertia and provides a great natural 'force feedback' to the user, which translates into a much finer control on the input.

So, what were we thinking?
We were thinking about building a quality piece, paying attention to all details, big and small :)

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#36906 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 October 2012 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Go

I won't be able to confirm until I can test with the actual SL Ethernet module.
All I can say is that I just took a look with another SPI Ethernet module (http://www.futurlec...._Ethernet.shtml) and it fits between the two acrylic plates.

-Fabien.

#36879 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 October 2012 - 05:45 PM in Netduino Go

The plates in the picture were the 'prototype' ones. The actual production plates have minimalist laser-etched markers to let you know where to connect things :) Also, the final plates don't have any holes on the top plate, above the power supply.

-Fabien.

#36815 All Nwazet assemblies in one archive

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 October 2012 - 11:51 PM in Netduino Go

Matt, Thanks for sharing this. I love what you put together for your drivers and that would be perfect. Steve, Thank you for your offer! That would be awesome and sincerely appreciated! -Fabien.

#36811 All Nwazet assemblies in one archive

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 October 2012 - 10:59 PM in Netduino Go

Hi,

I added an archive containing all the Nwazet Debug and Release assemblies needed to build projects without the source code: https://bitbucket.or...tAssemblies.zip

I don't have the time to build a nice installer for these assemblies but if someone would like to contribute that piece, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#36800 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 October 2012 - 07:30 PM in Netduino Go

Asbjørn,

The LEDs on the Go! are user addressable and you can PWM them if you want. It's a very neat effect :) The LEDs on the DAQ are all user-addressable too. You can PWM 3 digital GPIOs on the DAQ to control a regular RGB LED plugged into a breadboard.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.