sfx's Content - Netduino Forums - Page 3

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

sfx's Content

There have been 52 items by sfx (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58135 Multiple Sensors To Single Serial Port

Posted by sfx on 14 May 2014 - 05:41 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your swift reply - and thanks for the welcome! It's good to be here.

The sensor that I'm looking at is the SRF01, the details of which are here:

http://www.robot-ele...m/srf01tech.htm

The site mentions that the sensor supports a standard TTL level UART format, however there is a table outlining I2C actions as commands as well. Now I'm even more confused. Do you know of any resources that might help clarify these questions?

Thanks again.

Nathan

#58132 Multiple Sensors To Single Serial Port

Posted by sfx on 14 May 2014 - 04:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

In reading the fact sheets for certain sensors, I’ve found that some of them claim to be able to link multiple sensors through a single serial port as long as each sensor has a different address. This raises some confusing questions for me and so I am wondering if I may pose the following further questions to people here who are more experienced and knowledgeable than I am:

1. If the sensor has a 3 or 4 Pin JST connection, how do I link multiple cables to a Netduino Plus 2 serial port?
  2. Is there some type of intermediary shield that can be used to join multiple cables to a single serial port?
  3. How do I go about assigning different addresses to multiple sensors if they are all connected to a single serial port?

I’m sorry if these questions appear to be annoyingly trivial, but I’m only new at all of this and was hoping that someone could either assist me in answering these questions or point me to relevant resources that do or both.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.