Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

skobyjay's Content

There have been 53 items by skobyjay (Search limited from 17-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43720 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 02:42 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You are looking at the Netduino as a remote storage device and this is not what the Netduino is.  When the Netduino is powered, the application stored on the Netduino is running.  If the app is written to run in loop mode it continues to execute without end.  If there is no loop the application will run when powered up and run to it's end.

You can run something like the NeonMika web server on the Netduino which will host a webpage that a user can access via the Netduino's IP or NetBios name.  This web application can then allow a user to make changes on the webpage and submit the pages which use jquery and .NET to receive and store the settings and update the settings.xml file.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking to accomplish, but this sounds like the solution you may be looking for.

Dave, Question, I'm running the latest firmware on my ND Plus 2, The Mika webserver doesn't seem to work out of the box for me, lots of build errors. Do you know of any examples or references that have actual working examples for the Mika webserver?

#43990 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If I have DHCP disabled it looks like it launches but didn't respond. If I have DHCP enabled I get the message below.

Webserver is running on 0.0.0.0 /// DHCP: True

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

Exception was thrown: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

#43994 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 04:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Nevermind, I HAVE NO CLUE what I did wrong in my application but ended up getting the line below to work. I created a new project and add the WebServer reference and that one line of code and it started working.

What I'm really confused about is I had to abandon my first project because it started saying "hardware error: check your device", this error came up after adding and removing references several times and I couldn't resolve so I started another project and its working.

Server WebServer = new Server(PinManagement.OnboardLED, 80, true);

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.