skobyjay's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

skobyjay's Content

There have been 53 items by skobyjay (Search limited from 10-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43139 Setting System Time

Posted by skobyjay on 11 January 2013 - 05:20 AM in Netduino Go

Hello,

I just received my netduino, during a debugging session when I stepped into an interrupt port event, I noticed that the DateTime argument in that event was June 11, 2011. Is there a way to set this on the GO? I have found examples of how to do this on the Plus but haven't been able to find how to for the GO.

Thanks.

#43225 Setting System Time

Posted by skobyjay on 12 January 2013 - 05:18 PM in Netduino Go

Great, thanks for the responses. I will try to see if I was missing something when trying to reuse the Netduino Plus code in my Go! application.

#43721 HttpServer V.2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 03:01 AM in Project Showcase

do you have any code of how to utilize your lib? The links solution is just the lib not example project.

#43335 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 09:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

My baud is 19200 which is what the data sheet shows. I'm getting back responses, I never received "OK" I think that must be what AU is and the conversion of the bytes is wrong. Here is what I"m getting back. I'm not sure what this is, when I try to execute an "ATD" dial command my byte array is attached.

Command Sent : AT

Recieved : AU¨

Recieved : j5

I"m receving a byte array of 85,168,10,106,53,10. when I try to send the ATD command. I'm not sure if that is an error or not.

#43339 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 10:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

sure enough! thanks for pointing that out!! that was the issue.

I'm getting back "OK" now! hopefully this will be the last of my woes. I appreciate it fellows!

#43336 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Here is what I see in my debug window from the ATD command.

Command Sent : ATD+0014053615260;

Recieved : A­0Š4ª3Sª2Ú

¡j5

#43323 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 09:15 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I"m not sure but I think encoding is off. My response from "ATr" is "AU¨" not sure what that is.. :mellow:

#43314 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 08:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. I got my first response, and they appear to be steady now. I switched the jumpers to hardware and it looks like that was it. I guess the other configure is for a USB=>TTL configuration I suppose. (not sure)

Oh and thanks for the "ATr" information, I'll be using that as a health check. I'm a newb to hardware, I have only been a software guy before so this is a new game for me. I really appreciate it!

#43301 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 08:09 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I have communicated with devices in the past via .net and serial port communication, I'm working on communicating with this GRPS shield and trying to follow the instructions at http://www.seeedstud...re_installation I'm not having any luck communicating with the shield over serial. The device is powered, and per the instructions is connecting to the GSM network. I can control the device via pin 9 and power on and off in my application.

When I try to use the driver at http://netduino2seed...ew/19515#311098 and when I try to simply communicate to get an "OK" back from the shield i'm not having any luck. Based on the information in the shields WIKI I would expect to get an "OK" back based on my AT Command of "AT+CMGF=1r"

My jumpers are like the below here.

Posted Image

To simplify things, I ended up just trying to write it myself below(source code below), does anyone have ideas?

public static string output = "";        static SerialPort serialPort;        public static void Main()        {                        // write your code here            string portName = SerialPorts.COM1;            int baudRate = 19200;            Parity parity = Parity.Odd;            int dataBits = 8;            StopBits stopBits = StopBits.One;                        serialPort = new SerialPort(portName, baudRate, parity, dataBits, stopBits);            serialPort.Open();            System.Text.UTF8Encoding encoder = new System.Text.UTF8Encoding();            byte[] bytesToSend = encoder.GetBytes("AT+CMGF=1r");            serialPort.Write(bytesToSend, 0, bytesToSend.Length);            serialPort.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(serialPort_DataReceived);            while (true)            {                     Thread.Sleep(100); // wait a bit so we get a few bytes at a time...            }        }        static void serialPort_DataReceived(object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)        {            byte[] bufferData = new byte[20];            serialPort.Read(bufferData, 0, 20);            char[] charArray = System.Text.UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(bufferData);            for (int i = 0; i < charArray.Length - 1; i++)            {                if (charArray[i].ToString() == "r")                {                    //output += charArray[i];                    Debug.Print(output);                    output = "";                }                else                {                    output += charArray[i];                }            }        }     

#43726 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 04:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

when I download the zip from http://neonmikawebserver.codeplex.com/

I get a zip with folders called "executable", and "framework" among others.

The project in builds but is referencing 4.1 not the 4.2 MF.

#43725 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 03:58 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

do you have the link to post 91? I can't seem to find it...

#43986 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If you run the ND+2 version (From the NeonMika thread post #91) it works right out of the box.  I actually did an install tonight to work on a new project.  Took the WebServer solution, built and deployed it (after having changed the IP address and other network settings in the program.cs file). After typing the IP in my browser the command webpage came right up showing all the commands you can run.

Hi Dave, Sorry to ping you again. I guess i'm the only person in the world that thinks the NeonMika webserver is not easy to get up and running. It looks like its running but when I try to go to the IP in the debug window, I get "connection reset" or "taking too long to respond". I have attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing. I get the NeonMika webserver sending response back. I have looked at the code plex site and it looks like the little code examples that were there are gone now. I remember seeing examples before. Anyways, I have found the most basic of webserver examples and can get the ND to send back content responses to the browser. Any ideas?

Posted Image

#43775 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 09:55 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm really pulling the newb questions today, but what are the LE and BE folders in the BIN folder with the DLL's? I had to copy those along with my DLL's for the Webserver references. I have tried to Google but no luck...

#43749 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Awesome, thanks for the link Dave. I definitely need to learn more about the MF. Been living in the Web and Windows world too long.

#43727 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 04:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

not sure what I"m doing wrong, I downloaded  and opened the soution in location

NeonMika.WebserverExecuteableNeonMikaWebserver

it builds but is using the 4.1 framework not 4.2, if I update the projects in the soution to be 4.2 I'm getting alot of build errors. where is the "WebServer" solution you are referencing?

#43994 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 04:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Nevermind, I HAVE NO CLUE what I did wrong in my application but ended up getting the line below to work. I created a new project and add the WebServer reference and that one line of code and it started working.

What I'm really confused about is I had to abandon my first project because it started saying "hardware error: check your device", this error came up after adding and removing references several times and I couldn't resolve so I started another project and its working.

Server WebServer = new Server(PinManagement.OnboardLED, 80, true);

#43237 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 12 January 2013 - 10:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Dave, thanks for the quick response.

I think you described what i'm hoping to accomplish perfectly. I have a few more questions:

1) would this solution require that the user is connected to a network?

2)  Is there a way to auto launch (like in a console or windows app I would just use Process.Start()) the webpage that the NeonMika web server would host? I'm trying to minimize the steps required by a user such as having them find the IP for the Netduino and browse to it in a browser manually.

My backup plan would be to build a WPF windows app and equip my module with a FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V and use serial communction to update the XML file. I'm trying to do this to give the best user experience.  

#43223 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 12 January 2013 - 05:01 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I apologize if this is a newb question.

Is it possible to have a Netduino execute an "AutoPlay" (similiar to having an auto.inf on a cd or usb stick) feature when connected to a PC?

I'm ultimately wanting to launch an HTML file hosted on the SD card or even launch a windows application hosted on the SD card so the user can make changes to the predefined settings xml file on the SD card. is this possible? I would prefer to have it hosted on the SD card for the Netduino so the user doesn't have to install anything on their PC.

Am I asking for too much here?

#43246 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 02:54 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Okay cool, thanks for the indept responses. I really appreciate it. I will let you know what I end up doing to accomplish my goal.

#43990 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If I have DHCP disabled it looks like it launches but didn't respond. If I have DHCP enabled I get the message below.

Webserver is running on 0.0.0.0 /// DHCP: True

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

Exception was thrown: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

#43720 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 02:42 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You are looking at the Netduino as a remote storage device and this is not what the Netduino is.  When the Netduino is powered, the application stored on the Netduino is running.  If the app is written to run in loop mode it continues to execute without end.  If there is no loop the application will run when powered up and run to it's end.

You can run something like the NeonMika web server on the Netduino which will host a webpage that a user can access via the Netduino's IP or NetBios name.  This web application can then allow a user to make changes on the webpage and submit the pages which use jquery and .NET to receive and store the settings and update the settings.xml file.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking to accomplish, but this sounds like the solution you may be looking for.

Dave, Question, I'm running the latest firmware on my ND Plus 2, The Mika webserver doesn't seem to work out of the box for me, lots of build errors. Do you know of any examples or references that have actual working examples for the Mika webserver?

#43574 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.2

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 03:42 AM in Netduino Go

Version: 4.2.2 (version 4.2.2.0) This firmware requires use of the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK (QFE2) and Netduino 4.2.2.0+ SDK. Note: The USB device name for Netduino Go has changed from "NetduinoGo" to "Netduino" with this release. This permanent change enables Netduino Go to become more code-compatible with Netduino and Netduino Plus 2. Please update the deployment transport in "Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework" (by changing from "USB" to "Serial" and back to "USB"). With this firmware, you will have the following resources available for your code: 384KB Flash 100KB+ RAM This firmware includes the following updates: 1. Netduino Go USB Name is now "Netduino", for enhanced compatibility with traditional Netduino projects 2. COM1 (shieldBase.SerialPorts.COM1) is now available for use on Shield Base 3. Now compatible with legacy SecretLabs AnalogInput and PWM classes (requires 4.2.2 SDK) 4. New: more reliable rebooting during deployment This update also includes the previous updates: 1. Pushbutton now works as reset button (unless used as GPIO) 3. Bug fix: flash deployment should now work consistently 4. Bug fixes: to support Ambient Light, SD Card, and Ethernet modules 5. 4.2.1 SDK: RgbLed.SetColor(...) now supports arguments of type 'double'. 6. New GoBus feature: SerialPort support (COM2/COM3 on Shield Base) 7. New GoBus feature: SPI support (SPI1 on Shield Base) 8. New GoBus feature: InterruptPort (pins D0, D2-D13 on Shield Base) 9. GoBus enhancement: GoBus packets can now span multiple frames 10. GoBus bug fix: single-frame window now enforced for asynchronous events 11. Added preliminary support for GoBus 1.5 beta 12. GoBus 1.5 now supports Virtual I/O from any thread (including events) To find the current version of your Netduino firmware: 1. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.2 > Tools 2. Run MFDeploy.exe. Be careful to run MFDeploy.exe and not MFDeploy.exe.config (as file extensions are hidden by default) 3. Plug your Netduino into your PC using a Micro USB cable. 4. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it. 5. Select the Target menu, Device Capabilities option. 6. In the output box, find the "SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion" value. This is your firmware version. To flash this firmware: 1. Detach your Netduino 2. Press and hold your Netduino's pushbutton while plugging it in via USB; this will put it in bootloader mode. 3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino using the STDFU Tester application > a. Select the "Protocol" tab > b. Press the "Create from Map" button > c. Select the "Erase" radio button option > d. Press the "Go" button > e. Wait for erase process to complete 4. Flash the attached .DFU file using the ST DfuSe Demonstrator application (included with STDFU Tester) > a. Locate the "Upgrade or Verify Action" pane (bottom-right pane) > b. Press "Choose..." and select the attached DFU file > c. Check the "Verify after download" option > d. Press "Upgrade". It will take a few minutes to update your Netduino. > e. Detach and reattach your Netduino (power cycle) or press "Leave DFU mode" Enjoy, and please let us know if you run into any troubles. Chris

I was nervous, worked like a charm. Thanks Chris.

#43575 Shield Base Firmware (beta 5)

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 03:49 AM in Netduino Go

FLASHING WAS SUCCESSFUL. !!!

#43504 Cheap Sound Modules?

Posted by skobyjay on 15 January 2013 - 11:39 PM in General Discussion

Okay, thanks Dave. I appreciate it

#43494 Cheap Sound Modules?

Posted by skobyjay on 15 January 2013 - 09:58 PM in General Discussion

hey guys, I'm curious. Is this still the best option to play back audio files on a Netduino plus 2? I was hoping to be able to play wav or MP3 files from the SD card already on the duino. Ultimately, I want to output audio to an audio jack and put that into an input on other device. Is that possible without another component ?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.