Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fabien Royer's Content

There have been 203 items by Fabien Royer (Search limited from 25-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29386 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 19 May 2012 - 07:21 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Jad, Thanks for taking time to look at it :) I'll test it tomorrow. Cheers, -Fabien.

#29339 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 17 May 2012 - 02:41 PM in Netduino Go

How about doing away with the resource manager altogether and simply converting the binaries to byte arrays and have them embedded in the app? Works well for bitmap images... -Fabien.

#29292 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 May 2012 - 08:58 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks Jason Posted Image

Chris,

See the attached file showing the differences that I have discovered.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Files

#33948 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 20 August 2012 - 04:00 PM in Netduino Go

Sure. See https://bitbucket.or...33d09e/Binaries -Fabien.

#34125 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 23 August 2012 - 10:34 PM in Netduino Go

Yes, I can do that to get you out of the jam. Having said that, we really need a method of upgrading module firmware that's reliable and scalable, yesterday... -Fabien.

#29313 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 17 May 2012 - 02:58 AM in Netduino Go

Okay, that's good info. You didn't really _need_ those 192 bytes, did you? ;)

Could you please send me a copy of the flashing app with your binaries embedded in it...and the binary as a separate file (so I can do some testing here)? Or point me to where I can grab them?

Thank you,

Chris

Hey Chris,
Off by one (block) are we? Posted Image

I attached my hacked up version to this reply Posted Image
Check the \Resources folder for the binary version of the firmware.
You can also find the binaries in the [Nwazet BitBucket repository.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Files

#29238 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 May 2012 - 03:51 AM in Netduino Go

Great work Chris! Thank you :) I'm going to see how I can integrate the update for the Touch Display module into it immediately. Cheers, -Fabien.

#29287 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 May 2012 - 08:23 PM in Netduino Go

Chris,

I've attached a .zip containing 2 .hex dumps of the Touch Display module flash:
  • The file named "NwazetDisplayModule.hex" was flashed with ST's Flash Loader Demonstrator and works as expected.
  • The file named "NwazetDisplayModuleBad.hex" was flashed with the bootloader application you provided and doesn't work as expected.
When flashing the Touch Display module using ST's tool, the target is a STM32F2_512K (PID:0411, BID:3.2,Version:3.0).

Before executing a download to device, I always have to disable write protection.

The download to device options are:
  • Erase necessary pages (Global Erase never works)
  • Address 0x08000000
  • Verify after download
I haven't analyzed the differences between the two files yet but I figured that you and David would find this useful in your own investigations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Files

#29240 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 May 2012 - 07:06 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, I integrated the Touch Display firmware into the STM32Bootloader app and while it completes the module flashing procedure, the module fails to boot after that. The only way to recover the module is by flashing it again using ST's Flash Loader Demo. I modified the STM32Bootloader app so that it would disable write protection before erasing / flashing the chip but that did not fix the issue. I also changed the parity to Odd to match the ST Loader comm settings that I know work but that didn't change anything. No joy yet... Cheers, -Fabien.

#29303 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 May 2012 - 11:05 PM in Netduino Go

Chris, The data corruption appears at the very end of the flash section, specifically in the last 192 bytes of it. Have fun at Maker Faire :) Cheers. -Fabien.

#29283 Early go!bus reflashing app for STM32-based modules

Posted by Fabien Royer on 16 May 2012 - 06:45 PM in Netduino Go

Very interesting. Can you use FlashLoaderDemo to grab the full binary image of your device (both when flashed by the STM32FlashApp and when flashed by FlashLoaderDemo)? By comparing the "gold master" and the flashed version you should be able to see what's different. In theory, as long as all the BIN files are there, at the right start addresses, and specified with the correct file lengths, it should just work...

For the Touch Display,there's one file, starting @ 0x08000000 with a length of 84420 bytes.

I'll do a 'dump and compare' as soon as I get the chance today.

Perhaps you could use your own Touch Display module with the prototype bootloader app as a guinea pig during your tests since it's the only other STM32F2xx-based Go! module out there?

Good diagnostics steps. In my testing, erasing and flashing was all that was necessary. Also, for what it's worth, Parity in the FlashLoaderDemo app should be _even_ and not odd.
Chris

Right.

AN3155 describing the USART bootloader code sequence does say _even_ but in practice, the bootloader, as used in the Flash Loader Demo, doesn't seem to care either way, which is very odd: you'd think that the STM32 bootloader would reject packets as soon as communication starts on the GET command, if not sooner. Yet, it works perfectly with odd parity too.

I'll let you know what I discover...

-Fabien.

#39964 Cyber Monday @ Nwazet: 15% OFF everything

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 November 2012 - 08:13 PM in Netduino Go

Posted Image

Cyber Monday is almost upon us and we’re celebrating it with a sweet deal: get 15% off on all items in the nwazet store!

This offer starts on Monday November 26th 2012 at 00:00 AM and ends at 11:59 PM and applies to back-ordered items as well.

Happy Hacking!

#40250 Cyber Monday @ Nwazet: 15% OFF everything

Posted by Fabien Royer on 26 November 2012 - 07:02 PM in Netduino Go

Yup, this is Pacific time :) Cheers, -Fabien

#28744 Commission a module?

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 May 2012 - 08:03 PM in Netduino Go

Hi there, Please contact us and we can discuss specifics: contact@nwazet.com. Cheers, -Fabien.

#28751 Commission a module?

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 May 2012 - 08:36 PM in Netduino Go

Great. I just replied.

#33295 Character LCD Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 August 2012 - 06:45 PM in Netduino Go

Last question for you: are you signing up resellers for your modules? ;)

#33288 Character LCD Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 August 2012 - 05:45 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Matt,

Can you please share a link to the license (covering hardware, C# drivers and firmware) under which Komodex modules are released? I may have missed it, but I did not see it on your site.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#33254 Character LCD Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 August 2012 - 02:51 AM in Netduino Go

Nice job Matt :) It's good to see the module ecosystem growing. -Fabien.

#33293 Character LCD Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 August 2012 - 06:21 PM in Netduino Go

Makes sense. About the distribution system: is there a reason for not using a repository like GitHub / BitBucket / Codeplex?

#33290 Character LCD Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 August 2012 - 06:04 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks Matt :)

The module firmware has not yet been released.

Why not release the firmware with the module?

#33309 Character LCD Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 August 2012 - 11:38 PM in Netduino Go

if you're interested, let me know :)

Cool beans :) Skype me when you get the chance.

#32920 Cases for Netduino/Plus/Go and getting back up to speed questions

Posted by Fabien Royer on 30 July 2012 - 11:44 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Mike, We're working on Nwazet cases for Netduino Go! Stay tuned ;) Cheers, -Fabien.

#32953 Cases for Netduino/Plus/Go and getting back up to speed questions

Posted by Fabien Royer on 31 July 2012 - 07:47 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Mike,

You can build your own Netduino Go! 'Open Case' today using a stackable plate, a display face plate and a few standoffs (see the attached pics for an example) but we'll also offer highly customize-able closed and open cases in the future.

Now, if you excuse me, I believe I saw a squirrel...or was it something shiny....

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Thumbnails

• NwazetPlates01.JPG
  • NwazetPlates02.JPG
  • NwazetPlates03.JPG

#28587 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by Fabien Royer on 05 May 2012 - 11:53 PM in Netduino Go

Nice work Matt.
The good thing is that users will have multiple options to choose from... I guess... Posted Image

#28068 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by Fabien Royer on 24 April 2012 - 10:25 PM in Netduino Go

@NXTwoThou We're working on solving many of the issues that you brought up. Please stay tuned. Cheers, -Fabien.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.