Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

hanzibal's Content

There have been 386 items by hanzibal (Search limited from 24-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50492 Another Newbie Steps into the Arena

Posted by hanzibal on 14 June 2013 - 08:51 PM in General Discussion

Halogen light contains lots of IR so, like Paul said, watch out if the room is heavily lit and with what. I made something similar with a electrical model car race track where I could use photointerrupters since those cars have small "fins" sticking down a slot in the middle of each track. I suppose you need to time each car separately and not just the winner which makes it more difficult. Another idea might be to use micro switches buried in each track at the finish line. The switches would have to be fitted with with fairly long arms to make them easy enough for cars to lever as the they rush by barely touching the switches. This might be the easiest way to do it.

#51250 Returning to the Netduino family

Posted by hanzibal on 09 July 2013 - 11:24 AM in General Discussion

Where have you been during your time in exile?

#50764 issues moving from 4.1 to 4.2

Posted by hanzibal on 24 June 2013 - 04:51 PM in Netduino Mini

I see. Usually when I accidentally run the emulator, I get an exception since it does not have the periphals I'm working with :-)

#50758 issues moving from 4.1 to 4.2

Posted by hanzibal on 24 June 2013 - 12:37 PM in Netduino Mini

The emulator showing up would indicate that you haven't actively set the deployment channel to USB (or COM port for the mini) but I would think you've already checked that?

Sometimes VS looses the setting and I'll have to goto project properties and put it back.

#50019 Variable with USB name set in MFDeploy - exists?

Posted by hanzibal on 27 May 2013 - 02:00 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are you sure the name even sticks to the board?

#50368 Empty post (by mistake)

Posted by hanzibal on 09 June 2013 - 01:18 PM in Project Showcase

EDIT: Admin, could you please remove this post.

#56338 Hitachi HD44780 LCD controller

Posted by hanzibal on 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM in General Discussion

Yes, 8 bit mode would be faster - in 4 bit mode, you have to transfer the low and high nibble of each byte separately while as in 8 bit mode, you transfer a whole byte in each transaction. Will you be using a separate device (shift reg or similar) in between the Netduino the LCD and if so, may I ask which?

#50548 file on SD card from Ethernet

Posted by hanzibal on 17 June 2013 - 01:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi michel!

What is your setup?

Do you have a Netduino Plus attached to your network where the SD card you wish to modifiy is inserted into the CD card slot of the Netduino?

What kind of device needs to modify the SD card, is a PC, another Netduino or some other kind of network attached device?

#50658 start a new line in a TXT file

Posted by hanzibal on 20 June 2013 - 12:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I usually use newline 'n' only and not vertical tab 'r' and as far as I remember, it should work.

Of course, when all else fails, you can always issue multiple calls to WriteLine().

#50584 looking for an old netduino 1 used ??

Posted by hanzibal on 17 June 2013 - 06:18 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I got a Netduino Plus that can be flashed to behave the same as a regular Netduino (i.e. flash image w/o Networking) that I'm not really using if that works for you. I'm in Sweden which might render some additional shipping costs but I don't know how much.

#49615 How use MuxShield.MuxMode.DigitalInput

Posted by hanzibal on 20 May 2013 - 11:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Please refrain from duplicate posts, you already have this one going:

http://forums.netdui...067/#entry49614

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.