Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

hanzibal's Content

There have been 386 items by hanzibal (Search limited from 17-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50658 start a new line in a TXT file

Posted by hanzibal on 20 June 2013 - 12:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I usually use newline 'n' only and not vertical tab 'r' and as far as I remember, it should work.

Of course, when all else fails, you can always issue multiple calls to WriteLine().

#52116 Interrupts

Posted by hanzibal on 13 August 2013 - 10:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The STM32F405xx datasheet says "Up to 140 I/O ports with interrupt capability" depending on package:

http://www.st.com/st.../DM00037051.pdf

They don't explicitly say that you can enable interrupts on all ports simultaneously and I strongly doubt you can.

The reference manual says the interrupt controller has 82 interrupt vectors:

http://www.st.com/we.../DM00031020.pdf

Since the interrupt vector table only has 82 entries of which many are used by peripherals, there's no way all GPIOs can be configured for external interrupts. This is confirmed in chapter 10.2.5 that says there are 16 external interrupts.

The NP2 has has a maximum of 22 GPIOs and it seems only any 16 of these can be used with interrupts.

#52408 debug success but output doesn't showing

Posted by hanzibal on 28 August 2013 - 06:44 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi there and welcome to the Netduino forums. Debug messages should show but I suspect you debug output is direct to the immediate Window. Either switch to immediate window while debugging or change Visual Studio settings to direct debug message to the output window.

#56338 Hitachi HD44780 LCD controller

Posted by hanzibal on 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM in General Discussion

Yes, 8 bit mode would be faster - in 4 bit mode, you have to transfer the low and high nibble of each byte separately while as in 8 bit mode, you transfer a whole byte in each transaction. Will you be using a separate device (shift reg or similar) in between the Netduino the LCD and if so, may I ask which?

#50594 Reading DS18B20 for Netduino using ATTiny2313

Posted by hanzibal on 17 June 2013 - 10:01 PM in Project Showcase

Very nice, I particularily like the idea of creating ones own slave helper circuits to overcome certain shortcomings of the Netduino (or other boards). Also,taking on a challange and thus make oneself learning something new (like C programming in your case) is both impressive and clever. Congratulations and thanks for sharing! I recently bought a PSoC 1 for creating my own little ASICs in a way similar to how you did and I too will have to learn a new "language" and a new technology. We'll see how that goes though...

#50584 looking for an old netduino 1 used ??

Posted by hanzibal on 17 June 2013 - 06:18 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I got a Netduino Plus that can be flashed to behave the same as a regular Netduino (i.e. flash image w/o Networking) that I'm not really using if that works for you. I'm in Sweden which might render some additional shipping costs but I don't know how much.

#49615 How use MuxShield.MuxMode.DigitalInput

Posted by hanzibal on 20 May 2013 - 11:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Please refrain from duplicate posts, you already have this one going:

http://forums.netdui...067/#entry49614

#49491 HT12E and HT12D

Posted by hanzibal on 16 May 2013 - 11:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi!

I suppose that would depend on the rate at which data must be processed and how lengthy transmissions are.

I think it's possible to emulate the decoder using a interrupt pin connected to the data out of the RF receiver since interrupts are correctly time stamped and buffered until your app is ready to examine them. However, if the reception is continuous or comes in too lengthy bursts, the interrupt buffer would overflow and cause communication to fail miserably. 

It's probably harder to emulate the encoder depending on the modulation and data rate but maybe it could be done using SPI.

Could you perhaps refer to a description (or picture) on how data is modulated outside the RF link?

#50548 file on SD card from Ethernet

Posted by hanzibal on 17 June 2013 - 01:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi michel!

What is your setup?

Do you have a Netduino Plus attached to your network where the SD card you wish to modifiy is inserted into the CD card slot of the Netduino?

What kind of device needs to modify the SD card, is a PC, another Netduino or some other kind of network attached device?

#50553 How Many Motors can the Netduino Control?

Posted by hanzibal on 17 June 2013 - 03:29 PM in General Discussion

With the right controller, on, off, forward and backward (no speed control) would require 2 pins per motor. So depending on which Netduino you got, you could potentially control 8 to 11 motors and with an IO expander IC you could control many more.

#50368 Empty post (by mistake)

Posted by hanzibal on 09 June 2013 - 01:18 PM in Project Showcase

EDIT: Admin, could you please remove this post.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.